Author Topic: Footy Rocks 2008 Comp  (Read 16445 times)

Moi

Footy Rocks 2008 Comp
« on: March 01, 2008, 10:04:11 AM »
Have we got any takers for this year?

http://www.footyrocks.net/

MT, can we have this stickied until the season starts?

I've got a $50 voucher for the Tiger Den for the winner

Maybe MT and WP might want to add a half year prize or something  ;D

Moi

Re: Footy Rocks 2008 Comp
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:04:57 AM »
I'm in   :gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »

ROFLreplytourownpost  :rollin

I'm Back - Once I got the hang on the scoring did OK - Just a slow start cost me LMAOthatsmyexcuse ....

Moi

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 10:29:28 AM »

ROFLreplytourownpost  :rollin

I'm Back - Once I got the hang on the scoring did OK - Just a slow start cost me LMAOthatsmyexcuse ....
Not only that I asked MT to sticky it in a section where it will be up the top all the time anyway  :wallywink

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 12:48:59 PM »
The $50 voucher sounds good but I need no futher motivation that trying to retain title. Oh I cant wait for the footy to start. I will be in for sure.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 05:48:39 PM »
I'm in  :thumbsup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 03:54:45 PM »
Bump

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 05:21:31 PM »
'mrs mopsy' will go again :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 06:01:17 PM »
Onya Mrs Mopsy  :thumbsup

Bump!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 07:16:31 PM »
Count me in. :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »
Good one Hell  :thumbsup

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 04:33:09 PM »
  i just cann't say no
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Moi

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 08:38:03 PM »
Onya 632 RFC  :thumbsup

Any more takers to win a $50 voucher?

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 12:29:32 AM »
Of course  ;D

Moi

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 04:22:13 PM »
Ripper London  :thumbsup

I just got an email reminding me about it which I'll post here.  After some of the comments in here I dunno if I wanna play any more lol

If people want to to just register and then we'll worry about getting the team together after that, but will need to know soon.

Basically, just register, let me know what your nick is and I'll do the rest.

Hello Moi,

What's that on TV?  Footy?  In Dubai?  WTF?

It's that wonderful time of year when losses don't mean anything because it's just the pre-season, wins show your team is going to make the 8, and every player is training the house down.

Of course in two months' time Tiger fans will be tearing up their membership cards, Pie fans will be wondering why their team isn't as good as it should be, and Eagles fans will involuntarily cringe every news break.

Still coming to terms with life after Sheedy and Hird, the Bombers are now reeling from the news that 8 time best & fairest winner and team of the century member Darren Goldspink has decided to hang up the boots.  Goldspink says his body can't keep up with the demands of the game.  By that we assume he means that his beloved Bombers will be so bad that to get them over the line each week he'll have to start finding dodgy free kicks early in the first quarter instead of half way through the last like usual.  Don't let the door hit you in the backside on your way out Darren.

To launch the season, Paul Roos was accused of tanking in the NAB Cup. There were many questions to be answered - the main being "is Chris Judd is available in the draft again?".  Roos was found not guilty after an AFL investigation found that footy was back in the news. 

Yes, footy is back and so are we.  A few of you told us we were a bit negative last year.  We read our good, bad and uglies for the year and you were right - it did read a bit like Gumpy Old Men at the football.  So we are declaring this year International Happy Fun Time Football Year and we will only say good things each week.  Or nothing.  It might be very quiet.  Either way Goldspink has gone so things are looking up already!

We'll be all set up and ready to go for round 1.  It starts on Thursday night and selections will be open all day Thursday (and again on Friday for draft-based leagues).  If you want a league then let us know so we can set it up for you.

If you have forgotten your password just scroll down to the bottom of this email.

The 2007 Footy Rocks Grand Final
It was a disappointing year for the Doggies, but not here on Footy Rocks where Wacho pipped minor premier lal to take away the (imaginary) cup:

1307  lal
 lost to 1353  Wacho
 Grand Final

The results of the Footy Rocks Preliminary finals were:

1269  lal
 defeated 1255  Shatts
 First Preliminary Final
1105  Harkess
 lost to 1265  Wacho
 Second Preliminary Final

The results for the Footy Rocks Semi finals were:

1137  Wacho
 defeated 1130  Fluffy Tiger
 First Semi Final
1072  mightytiges
 lost to 1093  Shatts
 Second Semi Final

The results for the first week of Footy Rocks finals were:

1322  lal
 defeated 1195  Wacho
 First Qualifying Final
1065  mightytiges
 lost to 1268  Harkess
 Second Qualifying Final
1181  BlueBaggers
 lost to 1258  Fluffy Tiger
 First Elimination Final
0000  Mike Freame
 lost to 1077  Shatts
 Second Elimination Final

The Footy Rocks Brownlow Medal
We used to do this before the real one but it's proven to be completely useless as a betting aide.  The rules for the Footy Rocks Brownlow Medal are simple.  Suspended players are eligible because any award which disqualifies Chris Grant and Corey McKernan but can be still won by Tony Lockett, Greg Williams, Robert DiPierdomenico and Tony Liberatore is a joke.  Chris Judd actually has to do something more than turn up and spell his name correctly to get votes.  Fair dinkum he's like Lisa McCune at the logies.  Back-chatting the umpires is allowed because they're idiots who don't know much about footy anyway.

We give 3,2,1 votes for each game based on the Footy Rocks scores.  It's simple.  If the umpires can use a stats sheet to help them decide then so can we.  Except that we don't leave out key position players on purpose because they are big and scary.

So the winner of the Footy Rocks Brownlow Medal for 2007 was...

A TIE!  Matthew Pavlich (fr) and Kane Cornes (pp)

Both got 27 votes to just edge out Chad Cornes (pp) on 25.  The other players to poll 20 votes or more were Jimmy Bartel (ge) on 23 votes, Dean Cox (wc) with 21, Jonathan Brown (br) and Brent Harvey (ka) with 20.  Click here for more details about the voting.

The Footy Rocks All Australian Team
We've got a Collingwood player in ours!  Actually, we've got THREE.  This team is worked out by the number of times each player was selected by you in each position.  Note that we leave out any selections by people who submit 22 players from the same team.  For some reason this year selecting the team was pretty easy.  Almost every player who made it was streets ahead of their nearest opponent.  The most popular player was Dean Cox (wc), closely followed by Dane Swan (co).  That makes Cox our All Australian captain and Swan the vice captain.  Click here if you want to see the raw numbers used to pick the team.

Here is the Footy Rocks All Australian Team for 2007...

BP: Darren Milburn (ge) FB: Brian Harris (wb) BP: Tarkyn Lockyer (co)
HBF: Heath Scotland (ca) CHB: Chad Cornes (pp) HBF: Heath Shaw (co)
W: Joel Corey (ge) C: James Bartel (ge) W: Kane Cornes (pp)
HFF: Paul Chapman (ge) CHF: Brad Johnson (wb) HFF: Cameron Bruce (me)
FP: Dane Swan (co) FF: Barry Hall (sy) FP: Gary Ablett (ge)
R: Dean Cox (wc) OB: Chris Judd (wc) OB: Scott West (mb)
I: Joel Bowden (ri) I: Daniel Cross (wb) I: Matthew Pavlich (fr)
I: Corey Enright (ge) I: Brent Harvey (ka) I: Luke Hodge (ha)

Who are we?
Footy Rocks is an AFL-based dreamteam competition.  Unlike other dreamteams we don't muck about with player values and salary caps.  We keep it simple yet challenging.  Each week you simply pick a team of players IN POSITION.  Pick anybody you want but you can only have one full forward, two wings, one ruck, and so on just like a real AFL team.  Each player gets points for kicks, marks, goals and other stats which we add up to tell you your team's score at the end of the round.  It's easy and it's fun.  Check out our FAQ for more!

The Footy Rocks Team
http://www.footyrocks.net