Author Topic: We need to fine-tune: Wallace  (Read 14616 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: We need to fine-tune: Wallace
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2008, 10:38:54 PM »
Too say its just a NAB game is the lameless excuse of all time.
We cant win any game, we struggle for membership.
Can tell you that they had a real red hot go against the saints.
We have a losing culture mentality and to say its only a nab cup game just shows why the tiges are on the bottom.

Big difference between the tops clubs and the losers, as Geelong showed on friday nite, every opportunity to squash opposition teams, jsut squash them

So Paul Roos has a losing culture mentality  ???.

Geelong are reigning premiers who won the GF by a record 20 goals and are about to go back-to-back and we are reigning wooden spooners. Now that Geelong practice game was taken seriously but the huge gap doesn't bridge in just 6 months. Before last year they were soft too.

Btw we are on our way to another record membership and we did win 2 preseason games although they're meaningless too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 10:39:41 PM »
Jackstar,

I normally refrain from
a) reading your posts, and
b) responding,

but hey, it's Sunday morning the Force just got knocked off and I'm a little steamed up.

But your last two posts are just plain rubbish.  MT posts lists, comparative ages etc. and you come out with sweeping statements and no fact.  You exhibit no knowledge about football, building something and developing people.

If other clubs are so good at developing kids and so many of them.  Name them.  Hiding behind a statment "at least other clubs produce kids that CAN play"  is just so much BS.  Name them.

If anything that is the one thing that has improved out of sight since TW came to the RFC we are developing footballers.

A quick list would be:
- Luke McGuane,
- Daniel Jackson,
- Adam Pattison,
- Dean Polo,
- Will Thursfield,
- Nathan Foley

Marginal:
- Kel Moore

I've left out the first rounders as they're expected to make the grade.  That's just a quick list of players that have improved, "developed" at the Tiges.  And I'd take all of them ahead of any other clubs players.  (And yes that's an emotive statement not a logical one, but that's what being a fan is about.)

yeah, some haven't kicked on, some will take an extra year or two, Casserley, JON etc.  That's called development.  It's how it works and all clubs do it.

I am glad you read my posts H/Tiger, its better than the dribble than comes out of ploughs mouth :lol
I laugh when you say I exhbit no knowledge of football, thats comedy at its best :lol
The quick list of players you have listed.
Only Thursfield and Foley would be the only players I would keep, long term.
Dont think McGaune is up too against teams that would play finals football, imagine playing him on a Juston Koschitzke type player, especially when you would ahve Gehrig and Riewoldt up there as well, just an example. or Luke McGaune on Scott Lucas, good luck!

Wouldnt think that Daniel Jackson wouldnt get a game at another club on a regular basis either

Patterson, jury is out there as well, not good below his knees and got flogged against experience rucks in NAB cup.( Have a look at game against the saints against Steven King, note his positioning at centre bounces, might as well conceded the contest)
Not a rap for Polo, bit of a weird character.,also got injury problems which arent good.

JON will never make it, why ? he cant kick , pure and simple

One thing is for certain that richmond havent developed there younger players.
Where is Danny Meyer?  Tambling, oh yeah, he has really developed hasnt he, NOT!
And Carl Peterson, it was all too hard.

Anyway, you should of watched the NAB cup last night, seen a star in the making, Kurt Tippett. I actually watched him play at Southport 2 years ago. My memory he didnt play any junior football and played basketball instead.?? Told the powers at punt road, only to fall on deaf ears, we took Reiwoldt and Edwards, I know who will be the better player between Reiwoldt and Tippett. Considering Tippett was injured for most of last year. :banghead. By the way , Tippet is 10cm taller

Mate, I could pick 2 players from every club that have shown up in the NAB cup games, tell me any young player the tiges have pushed up and played well ??? No one.  And there playing our best youngster at Coburg-Edwards,who will be a star I might add.

You should learn to read.  I don't read your posts.

So now from all clubs you've named one player.  Kurt Tippet.  Guess what, he was high on our agenda to recruit as well, but we only get one pick in 16 so we can't get every good player.  (Given the couple of posts in between have added this note:  Guess what we get one pick in 16.  Other clubs get to pick good players as well.)

As stated numerous times by others and you continue to ignore, Shane Edwards has been injured and is being nursed back.

But hey bring up a pick 70 odd as proof of lack of development. Actually I hear it was more proof of establishing discipline.  It doesn't matter if Jackson and McGuane don't make it.  The discussion was on development, of which you claimed the RFC did none.  The fact that both those players played pivotal roles in an RFC victory last year indicates that at least once in their careers they did it.  They have developed.

So from the sweeping statement of all clubs your provide one (out of 640 odd that must be tough) and promise to nname two per club.  Well we've got more than two.  You acknowledge two and I can build a case for at least two more.

Mate, I am on going to go through 50 reports from last years games just to prove to you who are the players from other clubs, Port have about 5-6 players, Westoff, Boak, Krakouer etc. Davey from Essendon . I could go on and on
For whats is worth, I actually watched 4 games around last year , every round and can tell you we are "" miles"" off the pace.

I liken the RFC to a racehorse, you cant win a melbourne cup with a horse with three legs :lol

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2008, 10:44:06 PM »
then your telling me that since being drafted that these players are duds in their first years

Adam Cooney
Nick Del Santo
Nick Rewoldt
Justin Koschitzke
Chris Judd
Burgoynes bros
Cornes bros
Brendan Goddard
Brett Ebert
Daneil Wells
Jarred McViegh
Brett Stanton
Alan Didak
Luke Hodge
Lance Franklin
Jordan Lewis
Abletts bros
James Bartel
Bryce Gibbs
Grant Birchall
Dale Thomas
Scott Pendlebury
Daneil Kerr
Marc Murphy

l could add 100 players to this list who progressed from lower level to solidate spots in there clubs top 22
must be all duds cause they had no problems after being drafted from there lower levels & are the league pass setters
notice none of them are Tigers cause our devolopment is so far off the rest & our skills have never got any better
we still turnover the ball like we got a team of Fiora's still & shriek away from hard contests like he did

Richmonds great drafts over recent years
Deledio - proven but not played by his coach properly TW thinks his a FF  :lol :rollin :rollin
Tambling - tribal runner - runs around does nothing
Hughes - not given the chances
JON - given chances he dont deserve another DUD first pick 8 2005  :rollin :rollin hand full of nothing games great selection
Polak - can play but coach dont know how to play him his wasting away ?? his a backman not a forward
Travis Casserly - never played one game draft 2005 wtf another time waster
Jack Rewoldt - namesake dummy first pick 2006 a hand full of games sets the world on fire
Shane Edwards - exciting & wasting away whos fault
Clayton Collard - ???? ex freo draft no good so we took him in to comfort him
Daneil Conners - look at me  :lol look at me  :lol great team player not
Andrew Collins - drafted 2006 for Coburg
Dean Polo - has class but breaks easy l know this lad but how will his coach play him ? cause l think his better than Tambling
Danny Meyer - gets a good game rap on a injured Wanganeen & where is he now pfft why we keep him BROKEN
Mitch Morton - Father /son West Coast draft same year as Deledio played 2 handful of afl games
Dean Limbach - wtf never played a game delisted
Luke McGuane -  floppy jumper lad been broken
Thursfield - floppy jumper lad been broken
Shultz - what can l say the coaching has destroyed him should have traded long ago
Tim Fleming had mongrel we get rid of him for some girl size players
Billy Nicholls cant forget him  :rollin
David Rodan - 2 time Morrish medalist had something to give & we delisted him how FFS
Pettifer - first pick sets the league on fire :rollin
Tivendale - class recruit ruined by coaching
Richo - l would have dropped him till he pulled his kicking together
Sipthorp ??????? who why what
Coughlan - always broken would have traded him to WA team for several players when we could cause he will leave
Tom Roach - name sake
Nathan Brown - broken - mentaly broken from wooden spoons
Andrew Raines should have left with his brother  :rollin great recruiting
Marty McGrath - hmm ruined by bad coaching
Krakouer - ruined to many dinners at Frawleys house to close to coach
Chris Hyde - ruined by coaching & head injuries he had something to offer
nearly forgot Captain Kane Johnson  :rollin getting the captaincy destroyed him
Jake King - performer has balls & skill
Chris Newman - Next Captain best recruit better than Deledio has Balls
l know l have forgotten some but hey

and last of all for memories David Bourke - floppy jumper  :rollin always broken wings  :rollin badly developed & under nourished  :lol you think RFC would learn from that with Thursfield & McGuane & bulk them up while they injured & in the Gym how pathetic

and Richmonds biggest mistake of all them years is they have not made up a solid backline & brought duds for midfield & forward when it was the backline all the time that needed fixing  :rollin :rollin

l just taken this off the top of my head but our recruiting no matter who was doing it has recruited some good players but they get damaged by our poor coaching & development & cant produce a counter attack or defence gameplan once his gameplan blows up nice job TW

Great post,  Name all first round players (Most are top 5 picks and use that as proof).  Guess what our top 5 picks are doing OK as well.

I should give up watching the Super 14's.  Crap refereeing peees me off, and then I read this dribble and I stay fired up.

Instead of naming 20 top 5 players from 5 drafts, name more than 5 players from one club in one three year period, who immediately after being drafted become significant contributors.  And leave out the top ten picks.  You'll probably find one maybe two clubs.  Then you'll find fourteen others that take as long to develop their kids as the RFC do.

Tigermonk

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2008, 10:46:22 PM »
I liken the RFC to a racehorse, you cant win a melbourne cup with a horse with three legs :lol

and the whip is a wooden spoon  :thumbsup

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2008, 10:50:30 PM »

Mate, I am on going to go through 50 reports from last years games just to prove to you who are the players from other clubs, Port have about 5-6 players, Westoff, Boak, Krakouer etc. Davey from Essendon . I could go on and on
For whats is worth, I actually watched 4 games around last year , every round and can tell you we are "" miles"" off the pace.

Now three from one club, including a top ten pick.  Who was taken before Joel Selwood.  He'd want to be good wouldn't he.  Top ten picks are expected to be good.  It's the others.  The discussion, which you started, is on development.

Krakoeur I'll accept.  Wasn't Westhoff mature aged and had good development in the SANFL.  Guess what we got Jake King.  That's recruiting not development.  Get your arguments straight.

Little Jackie

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2008, 11:19:59 PM »
We replaced Tim Flemming with Jake King

By the way, Westoff turned 21 before Xmas.
Was a gun at Central Districts.

Seen alot of Boak., at Geelong under 18,s and at Port last year. GUN!
What about Goldsack at Collingwood. Pick 60 something by memory, ahhhh thats right we picked Carl Peterson before him , we were told dont go there, and guess what, we did

I could argue all nite but cant be bothered, measuring stick is the we are on the bottom, get beat round 1 by the Blue Boys and watch out

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2008, 11:39:53 PM »
Lets see who has shown something

Selwood-Superstar in the making Agree. 21 games averaging almost 20 possies.
Everitt - 8 games. Showed something but played towards the end of the year when the dogs were in freefall.
Djerrkura - He didn't play a game. You mean Varcoe who was drafted in 2005  :wallywink
Jetta - 4 games at 6 disposals per game. Hardly.
Tippett - Looked very good in the NAB Cup although he hasn't played a real game yet and his kicking is iffy (shows he was a basketballer). You could add Sellar in the same boat
Davey - he's not a kid. He's 23 y.o. Might as well include Jake King then.
Tom hawkins - Starred against the bottom 3 clubs but didn't do much else
Goldsack - I forgot him too. 17 games
Westhoff( You forgot about him MT ) ;) No I didn't you blind dope  :rollin.
Gibbs - Hard a poor patch midyear but improved towards the end of the year when the Blues were in tank mode. Played back pocket so was protected.
Boak - I did forget him. Agree
Nathan Krakouer( he is a gun) - 11 games at 9 disposals. Had a terrific game against Geelong at the Cattery but that's about it. Only played 2 games in the 2nd half of the year.
So I'll give you Selwood, Westhoff, Boak, Goldsack and maybe Gibbs and Everitt. Add Leuenberger at the Lions too. Only Port has more than one.

Our Edwards played 16 games so he didn't disgrace himself either.  

8 kids out of 80 showing something in their first year shows it's hardly a good criteria to write kids on/off. Only 4 of those above are top 20 picks btw.

Moi

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2008, 11:46:41 PM »
What about Goldsack at Collingwood. Pick 60 something by memory, ahhhh thats right we picked Carl Peterson before him , we were told dont go there, and guess what, we did
Who told them not to go there?
You just pull statements out of your bum lol

Little Jackie

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2008, 11:47:48 PM »
Edwards will be a star.
Krakouer is one gifted player.
Yes, I meant Varcoe(its late you know)
Everitt at the dogs is extremely good.

As for other clubs having two or more, you might want to look a bit closer. ;)

Little Jackie

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2008, 11:49:11 PM »

Fact.,you know that I was involved so whats the point.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »
Facts! :banghead :banghead

I think they should be abolished - Fact
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Little Jackie

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2008, 11:55:34 PM »

::)

Moi

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2008, 11:57:33 PM »
As for other clubs having two or more, you might want to look a bit closer. ;)
And your winks are very annoying also lol

Little Jackie

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2008, 11:58:11 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2008, 12:04:04 AM »
5 hits from 19 pics b/w 2003-2006 drafts for the Pies and 2 of them fell in their lap as father-sons. Rusling is still a maybe.

2006: Ben Reid, Nathan Brown, Chris Dawes, Brad Dick (knee), Goldsack
2005: Thomas, Pendlebury, Danny Stanley, Ryan Cook, John Anthony
2004: Chris Egan, Sean Rusling, Travis Cloke (F/S), Adam Iacobucci
2003: Billy Morrison, Brayden Shaw, Brent Hall, Heath Shaw (F/S), Julian Rowe

Then their rookie and trade successes b/w 2003-2006

Rookies: Maxwell, Martin Clarke
Trades: Medhurst

Hardly puts the RFC to shame. Shows the Pies still depend on the senior core that played in the 2002-3 GFs.