Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton match thread [merged]  (Read 12400 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond vs Carlton match thread [merged]
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2008, 07:45:57 AM »
Can you feel it, can you feel it, can you feel it........ C'mon bring it on!!!! :clapping :pray  :cheers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2008, 08:37:44 AM »
Your good folks early thoughts on how we'll go against the bluebaggers and who will play?
I don`t know if i get excited about the season coming around or wait with trepadition. The most optimistic time of the year is about now and i really hope we knock the baggers off. The only thing i hope for is that we win the winnable games and maybe score an upset or two. Oh, and no 157 point floggings either. Oh, and Richo to kick a hundred, oh and Delidio to win a Brownlow, oh and......

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2008, 08:37:57 AM »
One more sleep!

Are we getting excited about the game?  :thumbsup
BRING IT ON!!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »
Something is exciting me.  Must be this  ;D

:gotigers
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2008, 01:01:59 PM »
Something is exciting me.  Must be this  ;D

:gotigers

Might be that avatar of yours Fluffy.

Somebody get me a cold spoon!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2008, 03:09:11 PM »
Ratten is worried about the Blues being caught short in the ruck and defence.

Hampson, Kreuzer, Ackland and Aisake O'hAilpin won't play. Leaves Cameron Cloke and Setanta O'hAilpin as their only alternatives and O'hAilpin may have to be used in defence on Richo or Polak.

Stevens and Hadley are playing. One debutant Jake Edwards. Judd will play 80% gametime.

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/blues-risk-being-caught-short-45141

Ramps

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
Ratten is worried about the Blues being caught short in the ruck and defence.

Hampson, Kreuzer, Ackland and Aisake O'hAilpin won't play. Leaves Cameron Cloke and Setanta O'hAilpin as their only alternatives and O'hAilpin may have to be used in defence on Richo or Polak.

Stevens and Hadley are playing. One debutant Jake Edwards. Judd will play 80% gametime.

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/blues-risk-being-caught-short-45141

This was a good chance to give a kid like Rance an early game allowing someone like Polak to go forward and stretch the blues further. I think our squad is very average, it would have been good to see a new kid or two who havent played league footy get a chance.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2008, 04:06:42 PM »
Just over 24 hours to go. Bring it on!  :thumbsup

This was a good chance to give a kid like Rance an early game allowing someone like Polak to go forward and stretch the blues further. I think our squad is very average, it would have been good to see a new kid or two who havent played league footy get a chance.
I think because Rance missed a few weeks with that ankle they've been cautious with him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
I think our squad is very average, it would have been good to see a new kid or two who havent played league footy get a chance.
I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your assessment of our squad but I like that this helps promote a culture of 'earning a spot'.  And before I get howled down by all those with a hatred of Johnson, Tivendale, Howat et al, I think this is the first year in our renaissance that we have anything approaching a list of some depth that will allow us this luxury of growing such a culture (ie playing the 'big boys' game).  The whole club (not just the players) is still on a huge learning curve and every little step like this that we are able to make gets us closer to where a successful club needs to be.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2008, 06:36:09 PM »
24 degrees and windy tomorrow with a afternoon change plus a shower or two around 3pm. Let's hope it's all blown over by 6.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2008, 07:12:33 PM »
Blues, Tigers set to grab centre stage
March 19, 2008 - 6:19PM

For the Tigers, they simply must perform, with Terry Wallace entering his fourth year in charge under intense pressure.

Richmond president Gary March has done nothing to ease that, by publicly declaring the club needs to see some results of patient rebuilding over the past three seasons.

There is not much faith from outside the club, bookmakers having installed them as wooden spoon favourites.

Skipper Kane Johnson, likely to line up on Judd on Thursday night, admits everyone at Tigerland is feeling the heat ahead of what will be a "finals-like" clash.

"Any team that wins three games (last season) there's going to be pressure on everyone at the club, it's not just Terry," Johnson said.

While the Judd deal overshadowed other trades of the summer, a new Tiger, ex-Bulldog Jordan McMahon, will don the yellow and black for the first time.

"I'm really looking forward to putting on the famous yellow sash ... the crowd is also a big issue for me," McMahon said.

"I played before 84,000 once for the Bulldogs in the final against Collingwood in 2006 and it will be really interesting to play in front of a crowd like that in a home and away game. It will feel like a final."

http://news.theage.com.au/blues-tigers-set-to-grab-centre-stage/20080319-20hb.html

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2008, 09:35:08 PM »
 after watching tonites news if juddies performance on the field is determined by how twigs is looking then he is going to smash us
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2008, 09:35:48 PM »
howatt and not rance or a tall.
am i missing something?

we should be stretching those cheats with another tall not howatt.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2008, 10:09:04 PM »
Not even Mitch Morton got named in the 22. Im sorry but you know ... the guy did ok in the preseason, can kick goals, Morton should of been picked. I hope we win tomorrow coz its gonna a very long week otherwise.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 01:16:25 AM »
From the Age:
Martin Boulton and Nick Sheridan | March 20, 2008

Richmond assistant coach Brian Royal said the Blues were competitive throughout the pre-season competition and "obviously very hungry" heading into the first round.

"Every team they've played over the pre-season they've made a game of it, whether they've won or lost, so they're very competitive," he said.

"Their dominance is probably their midfield, so it's important the individuals in (our) midfield do their roles."

Mark Coughlan will not play, but Royal said the 2003 best and fairest winner was on track to return after two knee reconstructions.

"He's missed a lot of footy over the last two years and still needs match fitness," Royal said. "We believe he's fully over his knee, it's now about game fitness and the more he can play the better he's going to be when he comes back to AFL level."

Former Bulldogs defender Jordan McMahon makes his debut for the Tigers and Nathan Foley and Jay Schulz both play their 50th game.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/blues-ace-to-play-solid-hand/2008/03/19/1205602483655.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1