Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton match thread [merged]  (Read 12372 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond vs Carlton match thread [merged]
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2008, 07:10:56 AM »
A Good win against an undermanned Carlton who were missing some very decent players. A wins a win however and our Membership campaign for 2008 has been saved. I didnt take notes just doing this from memory of the game.

Jake King- Excellent after initial error, guts, spirit, competitive. 8/10
Will Thursfield- Good Job tonight considering the Carlton capability to deliver inside 50 to key fwds- 7/10
Joel Bowden- Average, first half poor, second half better - 5/10
Chris Newman- Average, I expect better from Chris- 5/10
Graham Polak- Below Average Performance for mine, Needs to do more 4/10
Kelvin Moore- Good performance from Kelvin I thought 6/10
Richard Tambling- Showing signs, showing abit of hardness at the contest, good in 2nd half - 6/10
Shane Tuck- Very Good tonight I thought, Didnt turn it over as much from what I saw - 7/10
Andrew Raines- Ok performace, still wants to be a he man, didnt cost us this time - 6/10
Kayne Pettifer- Average performance from Kayne, can play alot better - 5/10
Matthew Richardson- Richo is Richo - 7/10. A Good Performance.
Jordan McMahon- Poor in the first half, better in the 2nd, Average overall 5/10
Brett Deledio- Below Average tonight, 2 goals gets him a 5/10, If he hadnt kicked 2 Id give him a fail.
Jay Schulz- Tried very hard but it was Average Performance for mine, 5/10
Nathan Brown- Excellent when he went onto the ball. A Class Player, can do more though - 7/10
Troy Simmonds- Battled hard, Carlton had very average Rucks - 5/10
Kane Johnson- Was Good tonight- 6/10
Nathan Foley- Another Very Good Performance from RFC's No 1 midfielder 7/10
Daniel Jackson- I thought Dan did Ok tonight, showed enourmous courage on occassions 6/10
Cleve Hughes- One great effort, seems to have lost some mobility needs to play games. Needs time.
Adam Pattison- Ok performace- 5/10
Cam Howat- I thought he went ok, got lots of it but I prefer others in the role 6/10 for what he produces

Pretty good summary Ramps. Just a couple of changes for mine.

Blingers might as well have been the mascot in the first half. Some very soft disappointing efforts. Much better in the second half. Especially continually chasing down and putting pressure on Carlton ball carriers. Good to see. Started to put his body on the line and even copped a weggie for his troubles which is what he got the free for to kick the last goal. I'd give him a 5.

I thought Jordy was very good from midway through the 3rd quarter onwards. He was really damaging with his linking runs into space and then threading the ball through to teammates who could then pass inside 50. Not something that would be seen it on tv. He was still running hard late in the game too. A 6 from me.

Browny was great once he went into the middle but up forward he kept trying to wait for the ball to come to him and was outmarked by Thorton most times.

I would have given Simmo at least a 6. A key part in us having more clearances IMO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2008, 07:38:32 AM »
i dont know from where i was sitting i like blingers game.
 i saw him take the man a few times and run the lines. was happy.

sugar did a good job.

all in all great job.

schulz should surely go back to coburg though..cleve to stay every week till he gets it right.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2008, 07:48:01 AM »
I have to agree to MT on Blingers, i have given this kid all the time in the world and havent bagged him. But up until half time last night he was a disgrace and looked scared and out of place.

He must have been given a rocket at half time as he turned it around.

Also what was with some of our kicking out from full back??

kicking to players like Tambling and Howat in contested situations was a disgrace.

Polak, Simmonds, Patto, Cleve, Shultz should be the targets surely.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2008, 07:59:10 AM »

sugar did a good job.

all in all great job.

schulz should surely go back to coburg though..cleve to stay every week till he gets it right.

Naa Schulz looked at home down back and I thought Plough shouldve left him there.

He was average everywhere else.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Rex

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2008, 08:01:09 AM »

sugar did a good job.

all in all great job.

Disagree daniel, I thought Sarge did good,dont forget he is playing a new role. An Adam Hunter type role for me. He needs a few games in that role to gain some confidence IMHO. Cleve on the other hand, still disappoints me

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2008, 08:25:05 AM »

To walk away from this game with a win, will be akin to popping a methane gas filled ballon the size of Jupiter.

Sick of all this Carltank this, Judd that - time to end it on Thursday Tigers.

Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa Judd Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa Kruezer Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa Draft picks Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa laaa Blaaa Midfield Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa Judd again Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa BANG :rollin and  :rollin some more

I enjoyed myself last night  :thumbsup :gotigers

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2008, 08:41:23 AM »
mjs, u obv were blinking when blingers was hard at it and getting a quickfire release from a conjested pack. tambling s an inside player with great skills. showed alot more last night than deledio and gibbs

Little Jackie

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2008, 08:46:31 AM »
I have to agree to MT on Blingers, i have given this kid all the time in the world and havent bagged him. But up until half time last night he was a disgrace and looked scared and out of place.

kicking to players like Tambling and Howat in contested situations was a disgrace.

The incident before half time where Blingers went ""half hearted"" when Thornton marked inside 50 was a disgrace. All he had to do was put his body on the line and put his fist in the air.
His efforts in the second half showed he can play.
Needs to show some consistency from now on,

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2008, 08:52:42 AM »
i thought blingers was very gutsy, took a veru gutsy mark with richo running straight at him a 220km/h

gees jack, blingers maybe made one mistake, so did jake king, richo missed 3 easy goals , should have had 8 but still was gr8

u cant bag blingers for a quiet 1st half and one mistake, maybe he was quiet cos thats how it panned out or how terry was playing him, preserving and managing our on ballers.

deledio was our no1 pick and he was not good at all last night but i know he will be a gr8 player for many yrs as  will tambling

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2008, 09:33:33 AM »

The incident before half time where Blingers went ""half hearted"" when Thornton marked inside 50 was a disgrace. All he had to do was put his body on the line and put his fist in the air.
His efforts in the second half showed he can play.
Needs to show some consistency from now on,

agree Jackstar, really disappointed with that effort.

richmondrules

« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2008, 10:21:47 AM »
Agree Tambo was crap in the first half. Was very disappointed at half time. Thought I was watching the Tambo from 2006. They must have several out the back because I think they worked out they had accidentally wheeled out the wrong model. I think the 2008 model was on display in the second half.

Hopefully it's just a case of confidence with Bling because I saw the improvement over last year that I was expecting from him this year in the second half. I don't believe he is timid or gutless, just a bit clueless at times.

Sorry X, his first half was BAAAAD imho.

Ramps

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2008, 10:37:28 AM »
Just on Clever, he looked very slow last night. He looked much more mobile in games previously.

richmondrules

« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2008, 10:46:29 AM »
Clever is still very underdone going from last nights game. The one thing I was happy about was the courage he showed at times. My biggest complaint about him last year was he appeared to do the easy thing last year rather than put his body on the line. Last night gave me a bit of hope for old Hughes. Still think he looks like Ottens, the human wet blanket. I'm sure he's a very nice fellow really.

Ramps

« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2008, 11:08:54 AM »
this game needs to be moved to Good Friday. Richmond v Carlton needs to become an annual blockbuster on Good Friday.

Give the hospital $1 per admission ticket and allow fundraising outside the game and make it part of the whole day.

This would be a spectacular annual event.