Author Topic: Caro thinks Terry is safe  (Read 5005 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Caro thinks Terry is safe
« on: March 11, 2008, 06:49:24 PM »
Caro was just on 3aw.

She said "Most people think if a coach is in his second last year of his contract and the side has a bad year they won't see out their last year and the club will pay them out..... I can't see that happening to Terry."
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

Re: Caro thinks Terry is safe
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 06:53:02 PM »
I think she's right.
We probably won't make the eight, but we'll have a better year this year, and if we're showing improvement means Terry's plans have gone okay.
If not, he's in trouble.  But too early to go there yet  :-*

Little Jackie

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 07:36:54 PM »
Caro was just on 3aw.

She said "Most people think if a coach is in his second last year of his contract and the side has a bad year they won't see out their last year and the club will pay them out..... I can't see that happening to Terry."

How stupid are the public or more importantly how stupid does Caro think the supporters are.
maybe just maybe caro will stop catching up with Terry for there weekly coffee ::) ::) ::)
Caro, get off the Wallace bandwagon .

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 07:38:49 PM »

Not for some people :rollin

maybe just maybe caro will stop catching up with Terry for there weekly coffee ::) ::) ::)

12 months ago you said Caro had weekly coffees with GMiller now it's Tezza .... I am confused :-\

:rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 07:44:46 PM »
maybe shes a big coffee drinker  :lol

Little Jackie

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »

12 months ago you said Caro had weekly coffees with GMiller now it's Tezza .... I am confused :-\

Facts of the matter that BOTH catch up with Caro, regularly!    Why dont you ask precious Greg or Solarium Terry.

Little Jackie

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 07:51:08 PM »
And you would be more surprised that how close the ""media"" are too certain people at punt road,  :shh  and you know I am on the money with that ;)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 07:55:19 PM »
the rfc is that stupid that maybe she is right and terry and greg are safe.

u can talk about rebuilding all you like, the fact remains he has changed nothing since he arrived.
if he was after youth, what the hell are these old duds like tivers still on the list and why did he pick up jordy and not a 18 year old. i hate repeating the same old lines but when the spin doctor is concerned, what choice do i have.
Miller and wallace have brough this club to its worst position on the field since the 80's, thats a fact
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Moi

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »

Facts of the matter that BOTH catch up with Caro, regularly!    Why dont you ask precious Greg or Solarium Terry.
I would imagine she catches up with people from all clubs.  What's the big deal?  Nothing, just being a drama queen again  :rollin

Little Jackie

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »
If you want Moi, i tell you where they meet, you might want to join them

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »
No need.  We all rely on your 'independent' observer for our facts.   :shh

Moi

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 08:47:04 PM »

Little Jackie

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 09:05:18 PM »

Tell you anything you want to know , smarty

Little Jackie

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 09:14:20 PM »
I believe that Caro's statement is probably true, but still, a very brave assumption to make, even though she uses the word "thinks" which gives her an out.

Here are the facts (as i see them, others may have more data)

1. Richmond created a reputation in the past of burning its coaches.
2. Richmond has lost the opportunity in the past to hire the particular coaches that it desired because of the reputation it created in point 1.
3. The club recognizing the reputation it itself had created and the negative impact that it was creating on the club through the eyes of the administrative world, decided on a course of action that would revert and cause to change the public and administrative reputation of how it handles its coaches.
4. The decision was made to honor the contracts that the club entered into with its coaches.
5. The richmond football club stuck to its guns in the implementation of this new policy, witness Danny Frawley and by actually doing so did in fact gain some renewed credibility both publically and administratively.
6. The world of football administration (AFL, club level) in most cases will have a different reality on a scene than what its supporters (the mob) will have.
7. As much as supporters probably hate to admit it "the mob" is generally 90% wrong in most cases.

Taking into consideration the above points it's fair to say that, on the balance of all probability Wallace's position is safe for the duration of his contract. However, I might add that there is a point where following along a certain line of think can become more destructive than constructive. There is a time and a place for pretty much all types of decisions one can't blind themselves to ALL probable options because of the percieved and real mistakes of the past.

Richmond's position in respect to its contractural arrangements is admirable but it must realise it is a two way street and that the other side of the contract has a responsibility too.

Dont chain yourself into a line of think that you can't escape from.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.