Author Topic: Who would you play on Judd?  (Read 3665 times)

Re: Who would you play on Judd?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 09:15:16 PM »
my left testy would have a better chance of stopping judd than our captain.

he is not even worthy of a starting 22 let alone to play on judd

2 testes, 1 testis

Goodness me, where did you go to school?

You might feel a little testy (as in irritated, impatient, or exasperated).

:cheers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 09:35:24 PM »

He's done it before.
Judd has missed a lot of footy, I'd definately at least start the skipper on him.
I think it'll be a two man job though.

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 09:46:51 PM »

We will be needing Daniel's right one as well then.

:outtahere

Offline 3121

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 10:32:14 PM »
No one needs to tag Carrazzo.  He never does any real damage, didnt last year anyway.  Lots of possessions, lack of impact.

Carrazo was one of the players that burnt us after half time.  I clearly remember, from where I was sitting I could see him in the middle with no opponent, he was the link man out of the middle.  He would start on the wing and then run to the other side at HF just outside 50 where he received many balls.  I wouldn't undestimate Carroza, he is a below average player that plays well when the opposition, like Richmond, are playing as if they are brain dead.

Little Jackie

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 10:40:11 PM »
Tiges usually "' sit on"' Kade Simpson

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 12:07:20 AM »

He's done it before.
Judd has missed a lot of footy, I'd definately at least start the skipper on him.
Yep Sugar always tagged Judd when he was at the Eagles and usually kept him quiet. Kerr, Cousins and Fletcher were the ones that would always destroy us. The only game I can think of where Judd hurt us was when Phil Matera kicked 6 that day at the 'G when we lost by about a kick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 12:39:26 AM »
Rebecca Twigley :lol

Ah  the romantic in you shines through, what would we do without women :thumbsup
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 07:52:53 AM »
No one needs to tag Carrazzo.  He never does any real damage, didnt last year anyway.  Lots of possessions, lack of impact.

Carrazo was one of the players that burnt us after half time.  I clearly remember, from where I was sitting I could see him in the middle with no opponent, he was the link man out of the middle.  He would start on the wing and then run to the other side at HF just outside 50 where he received many balls.  I wouldn't undestimate Carroza, he is a below average player that plays well when the opposition, like Richmond, are playing as if they are brain dead.

lol.  :lol  :thumbsup

Yeah that;s what I mean though, he's crap at almost everything except running to receive the ball.  All he needs is an accountable player on him who can get touches and make contests with him and he'll be shut down.  He doesnt deserve a tagger to focus on him, that would be a waste he just needs a player who doesnt forget about his man in his own search of the ball.  ACCOUNTABILITY.  :banghead  SOmething we desparately lack.  :whistle
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »

Yeah that;s what I mean though, he's crap at almost everything except running to receive the ball.  All he needs is an accountable player on him who can get touches and make contests with him and he'll be shut down.  He doesnt deserve a tagger to focus on him, that would be a waste he just needs a player who doesnt forget about his man in his own search of the ball.  ACCOUNTABILITY.  :banghead  SOmething we desparately lack.  :whistle

ACCOUNTABILITY is the key word here so tell me whose fault is it that we are the worst in the league at it.
is it the coach? according to some of u it isn't so can someone tell me why we are so pathetic at it
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »

ACCOUNTABILITY is the key word here so tell me whose fault is it that we are the worst in the league at it.
is it the coach? according to some of u it isn't so can someone tell me why we are so pathetic at it

I cant single it out.  If the players cant execute it I'd call it the entire clubs fault.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 06:56:23 PM »
Who would you ppls play on Judd - Sugar or someone else?

Captain Kane Johnson will be the man handed the job of marking Chris Judd in his first serious game for Carlton - Link.

I think we should leave Judd and worry about getting the ball ourselves!! We should play a quick group of players in the middle and tell them to play on at all costs and get the ball quickly to the forward line. I also think that the time has come to get rid of this loose man in defence crap and back ourselves in.

The whole game plan should focus on using our leg speed to advantage- play on at all costs and get it quick to pre-determined spots in the forward zone, BUT NOT wide to the flanks. That way, even poor thinkers (like JON) on the field know what is expected of them and they will move it on quickly or get dropped. They cannot prop and stop, which is when they get into trouble!

Honestly, I am totally sick of this chippy chippy backwards and sideways crap we have seen for the last year or so, and by the time we do actually get it forward (or turn it over), a wall has been built by the opposition (see the St Kilda NAB Cup gameplan for us) in front of our forwards. Time to beat the stop Richo tactics. Hell, even Cleve and Schulzy can lead to pre-determined spots away from Richo and be a strong chance of getting the footy IF we move it fast!!!

I am of the opinion that Tambling, Foley and Deledio should be played on ball, along with Tucky and Cogs when fit. Speed to getaway from clearances is the key and fast movement of the footy is what we should build our game plan on, not this possession rubbish we have been sitting through. I guess the aforementioned players have to be good enough to get the ball at clearance type situations, but I believe that Tambo, Foley Cogs and Tucky certainly are and read ball-ups well, Deledio will be too, as will Connors and Edwards and Cotchin. Even Joel could play in there as he has the nouse to find the footy in traffic and use it to advantage to the speedsters. We have to play to our strengths and using speed is it. I also think our forward line is potent enough, if we get it in there quickly.

Time to back ourselves in, and get away from tagging. Let them have to worry about tagging our players.

Little Jackie

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 07:10:35 PM »
Put ten men on him, still wont stop him

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 08:35:29 PM »
Not that I want any player to get injured but when there's as much hype like there is around Judd then there's always the chance he'll do a hammy early on in the game being underdone like Cousins was when he came back last year and it'll be the biggest anti-climax in history.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 08:43:09 PM »
Tigerfan 1961 your spot on
Tigers should play to there own gameplan & if Judd is cutting us up a nice old fashion shirt front will be the call of the day
something tells me its going to happen  :thumbsup

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 08:46:19 PM »
i think wllace as silly as i think he is i think he has some plan for the blues.
we cant go out there expecting them to run the show, cause we will lose.
i have this feeling we are going to be so pumped for this game and show real aggression at the footy and the MAN.
i just hope it lasts 120 minutes and not the first 5 mins.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.