Author Topic: Coburg vs Geelong (ABC TV game)  (Read 9634 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs Geelong (ABC TV game)
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »
Gang tackling and putting their bodies on the line. Great to see.
And that, more than anything, is what I hope is becoming endemic and 2nd nature in our club.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2008, 11:14:36 PM »
Possies

Tivs 10
Morton 7
White 6
Connors 5
Collins 5
Cartledge 6
Riewoldt 3

OMG  Collins is absolute silk ;D

good pick up blaisee. :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2008, 11:52:15 PM »
Good to see the Richmond players perform to good standard
infact it was a great team effort in those wet conditions & heavy ground which was not very flash at all
not much of a crowd there which shows VFL footy is not good as everyone makes out
Good performance from Tivendale he run hard all day & kicked goals one very nice one on the run. A few more games like that he be pushing for his spot back  :clapping :clapping :clapping  :gotigers

Ramps

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2008, 12:38:57 AM »
Morton should be playing senior footy at Richmond.

Jack Riewoldt got the goals but theres still something missing.

Conners is going to be ok

Edwards was disappointing

Collins I liked.

Matt White is a squad player for mine. Somewhere between 28 and 35 on a list.

Cartledge was competitive at this level today, hes a decent 4th ruckman on a list.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2008, 02:03:16 AM »
Morton should be playing senior footy at Richmond.

Jack Riewoldt got the goals but theres still something missing.

Conners is going to be ok

Edwards was disappointing

Collins I liked.

Matt White is a squad player for mine. Somewhere between 28 and 35 on a list.Not sure Edwards is Fit. Seemed to only play the last 10 mins of each 1/4 and explains why he wasn`t picked in the ones

Cartledge was competitive at this level today, hes a decent 4th ruckman on a list.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2008, 02:05:25 AM »

Try again ,edwards not fit for mind otherwise he would be playing ones

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2008, 03:39:08 AM »
2008 VFL Seniors

Coburg Tigers   8.4  15.10  22.11  27.16 (178)
Geelong            2.2   5.3    11.5    16.7 (103)

GOALS:
Coburg Tigers: Morton 7 Riewoldt 6 Tivendale 4 Caruso 3 White 2 Lynch 2 Edwards  Liddle  Cartledge
Geelong: Barnes 3 Simpson 3 Simpkin 2 McTaggart  Urie  Hogan  McKenna  Lonergan  Moles  Mumford  Prismall

BEST:
Coburg Tigers: Tivendale Morton White Riewoldt Horne Cartledge
Geelong: Prismall Hogan Laidler Lonergan Simpkin Barnes

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=8&pg=1&a=MR_

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers turn tables on champion (The Age)
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2008, 03:41:15 AM »
Tigers turn tables on champion
Carley Jellett | March 30, 2008 | The Age

THE Coburg Tigers turned the tables on Geelong after a 74-point grand final loss last season, beating the premier by 75 points at ABD Stadium yesterday.

First-time coach Jade Rawlings was pleased with Coburg's win but said it had nothing to do with revenge. "We didn't speak about it at all," he said. "We spoke about how we want to be perceived going forward. Whatever happened today was never going to exact any revenge from last year because the damage was done in September last year."

Mitch Morton and Jack Riewoldt put their hands up to be selected for Richmond, kicked seven and six goals respectively. But Rawlings said their efforts in doing the team thing, as opposed to focusing on getting recruited to the seniors, was a key to the victory.

"One of the really good things with the Richmond-listed players today was they played the game as it should have been played instead of looking for results and what might happen if they played well.

"They actually just went and played and those guys have put performances out there that will be very competitive this week."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tigers-turn-tables-on-champion/2008/03/29/1206207499854.html

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2008, 08:05:28 AM »
Interesting the the differences in stats.

I read this morning that Tiv only had 25 touches.

Coburg's stats say he had 40 with 25 in the first half and 4 goals on top of that!!!

He musnt have showered yesterday coz no one went close to him all day.

blx

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2008, 08:09:55 AM »
i second john morris. this kid really imprssed me and has determination in spades.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2008, 11:15:50 AM »
JON, anyone here who thinks he played a good game must of been watching SBS the afternoon and not the ABC ::)
FFS, he has little idea. ::)

AFTER pumping the reigning premiers by 12 goals all you have to say is to bag jon

get a life you miserable prick

Another quality post by Blaisee, keep up the quality posts.
For what its worth, I was talking to my contact at the burgers and they are thrilled with the younger players they have.
Actually I really like Caruso :thumbsup
Reminder Blaisee, if Tivs can look like an absolute champion playing at the burgers, I wouldnt get to carried away you ""quality tool ""
Actually you should win tool of the week for your quality internet posts :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

jack,

you are a disgrace

you prove it time and time again.

The performance yeasterday was just outstanding. Mathew White, Morton, riewalt, connors collins were sensational.

to lament on the performance of JON when he improved after half time, is just inaccurate and sad.

Get on board and support this developing young team instead of sniping it at every opprtunity.

Your comments are not those of a ricmond fan.They are the comments of a disgruntled ex employee with an agenda against his old boss.

Grow up, build a bridge, and get over it.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2008, 11:41:44 AM »
Was stuck at a wedding, anyone know if this will be replayed during the week at all?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2008, 11:45:48 AM »
let's say, if we don't perform today there is plenty that put their hands up and are waiting to pounce :thumbsup  :gotigers

Little Jackie

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
JON, anyone here who thinks he played a good game must of been watching SBS the afternoon and not the ABC ::)
FFS, he has little idea. ::)

AFTER pumping the reigning premiers by 12 goals all you have to say is to bag jon

get a life you miserable prick

Another quality post by Blaisee, keep up the quality posts.
For what its worth, I was talking to my contact at the burgers and they are thrilled with the younger players they have.
Actually I really like Caruso :thumbsup
Reminder Blaisee, if Tivs can look like an absolute champion playing at the burgers, I wouldnt get to carried away you ""quality tool ""
Actually you should win tool of the week for your quality internet posts :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping

jack,

you are a disgrace

you prove it time and time again.

The performance yeasterday was just outstanding. Mathew White, Morton, riewalt, connors collins were sensational.

to lament on the performance of JON when he improved after half time, is just inaccurate and sad.

Get on board and support this developing young team instead of sniping it at every opprtunity.

Your comments are not those of a ricmond fan.They are the comments of a disgruntled ex employee with an agenda against his old boss.

Grow up, build a bridge, and get over it.

Another quality post Blaisee. The way you post you have the arrogance of someone who supports a team who has won back to back flags, you are a complete tool. The difference between VFL and AFL is huge, maybe you should go to a few games ::)
Fact is  that Matty White struggles at AFL level.
Connors was ok
I liked Mortons game.
Reiwoldt, has to improve in certain areas and in his handful of games at AFL hasnt done much
Dont let reality get in the way of some tool who wants to post crap on the internet ::) ::) :banghead :banghead :banghead

Little Jackie

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »
let's say, if we don't perform today there is plenty that put their hands up and are waiting to pounce :thumbsup  :gotigers

You obvisously didnt watch the blues last night.
 ::)
At least one thing, there are at least two team worse than the tiges at present. Carlton and Melbourne