Author Topic: WTF, our fwd line  (Read 4317 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: WTF, our fwd line
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
::) BANG BANG you just got shot fluffy rabbit  ;D

l can tell you Richo was very let down in the forward line yesterday
he does all the hard work making the contest against several defenders flying with him yet no-one is at his feet collecting the ball when it hits the ground,  so his still got 1 defender fending him off for his second effort while the other one clears the ball

Forward coach is where the blame lays  :banghead

richo let the team down, missed easy scoring opportunites again whwn it counted and also had some neautifil deliveries lace out and kept dropping and fumbling marks, then stmble over and let pie nathan brown run off him

richo is laughable

hey monk , ur boy tiv played very well lol

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 02:14:11 PM »
As much as I would hate to watch that game again I wish I had recorded it. I would love to document everytime he got the ball and the result. I would love to be proven wrong but I would say that 50% of the time he got it it resulted in a turn over or a point. Just becasue he puts in a effort to get to and make contests dont mean he playing winning football.  Effort is great but I am looking for results. Time for the new breed and I said on this board when they signed him for two more years it was a mistake. New breed, new plan, lets see what the future holds please.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »
i have said it b4
richo is 100% effort = 0 reward

he is a liability and a joke

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 02:24:22 PM »
I think Tigermonk is right about not blaming Richo for our loss against either the Roos or Woods. He had no support, be they tall forwards or most importantly crumbers, and was allowed to be triple teamed when the ball was bombed into him from near the centre line.

Our midfielders are as much to blame as our coaches though. Thye just couldn't break the lines and the opposition midfielders and half forwards did exactly to us what I hoped we would do to them and that is to cut off the space between the centre circle and F50 arch. Without being able to move into this are we were forced to bomb it and could not spear it onto a lead. We also couldn't get a clear shot at goal.

I also liked Jackstars idea in retrospect about tagging the Shaws. This would have clogged up their run from the back half and through the centre.

What I do agree with you abour fluffytiger (besides our taste in women ;)) is Richos future. He gives his all and has eyes only for the ball but he doesn't know how to work with other forwards to create space, block out their defenders, dummy lead or pull out of a contest to allow a team mate a better chance of getting the ball.

For the best chance of a strong Forward Team we need our young forwards to learn how to work together to create goals. We need a good spread of goal kickers and we need an unpredictable collection of targets to choose from.

Richo bleeds yellow and black but for our best chance of future success we need a change.

Stripes

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »
I think Tigermonk is right about not blaming Richo for our loss against either the Roos or Woods. He had no support, be they tall forwards or most importantly crumbers, and was allowed to be triple teamed when the ball was bombed into him from near the centre line.

Our midfielders are as much to blame as our coaches though. Thye just couldn't break the lines and the opposition midfielders and half forwards did exactly to us what I hoped we would do to them and that is to cut off the space between the centre circle and F50 arch. Without being able to move into this are we were forced to bomb it and could not spear it onto a lead. We also couldn't get a clear shot at goal.

I also liked Jackstars idea in retrospect about tagging the Shaws. This would have clogged up their run from the back half and through the centre.

What I do agree with you abour fluffytiger (besides our taste in women ;)) is Richos future. He gives his all and has eyes only for the ball but he doesn't know how to work with other forwards to create space, block out their defenders, dummy lead or pull out of a contest to allow a team mate a better chance of getting the ball.

For the best chance of a strong Forward Team we need our young forwards to learn how to work together to create goals. We need a good spread of goal kickers and we need an unpredictable collection of targets to choose from.

Richo bleeds yellow and black but for our best chance of future success we need a change.

Stripes

I would never blame Richo for the loss, it took a lot of poor players to produce such a result. I can how ever say that that the current foward line structure and the delivery to that structure sucks. Why is that so, well I believe the big guy is a huge part of it. He demands the ball but when it gets to him it a waste more times than not. With the way teams can spin the ball up the other side so fast everytime he turns it over or we try to kick to him in when out numbered or he misses a goal, well those things result in goals to the opp. The coaching over that 15 years also must take some of the blame for this. But the guy plays the way he does and I believe he is basicly uncoachable nowdays.

I would love to see our new forwards there. I want to see your future not our 15 years of loosing past.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »

hey monk , ur boy tiv played very well lol

;D  :thumbsup knew you bring that one up  ;D seen him get some nice passes off to tell you the truth things were getting a little blurry in the box we made pigs of ourselves  :thumbsup l aint watched the replay yet might just do that now

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 03:08:51 PM »
l also want to see our future at the helm of the forward line Fluffy Tiger
l have wanted change for a longtime. What l been talking about Richo is that his not to blame,  he had no support the last few weeks
he demands the ball cause his the only one at many times of the game in the 50 metre arc

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »
l also want to see our future at the helm of the forward line Fluffy Tiger
l have wanted change for a longtime. What l been talking about Richo is that his not to blame,  he had no support the last few weeks
he demands the ball cause his the only one at many times of the game in the 50 metre arc

Im not saying Richo is soley to blame for the loss as our whole team/game plan was under pressure right from the start, This post however is about the fwd line, and ours hasnt changed in a dozen years or so and is easily stopped on most occassions.I honestly think it would do us good to see Richo dropped for a few weeks. 

1st, It will make the other forwards HAVE to step up and make themselves more accountable. 
2nd The mid feild will HAVE to start lifting their eyes and not simply look for the big fella bomming it to him allowing 2-3 opposition players to spoil him and tag him out of the contest.
3rd our rucks should be doing more to help around the area as well, thinking back to when we were in contention for finals we had rucks that would move fwd and help out (Ottens, Stafford, Gale, Etc).

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 09:24:02 AM »
simple answer is to play Richo down field on the wing or HFF & play through him with a small player at his feet & then rest him at FF.
This would cause teams great concern because we have other options then to use the corridor or other wing, There is no way in this world l would drop a ball magnet like Richo his got the best hands & great kick on the move why on earth would you drop a player who can gather 10-15 marks at times & can kick long goals, why you think he runs down the field to help out often getting the ball because everyone down the back are stuffing it up turning it over & using the wrong option
Richo is too good a player to think of droping, otherwise coaches would have done it long ago if he was the problem.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 11:22:47 AM »
Finally someone talking sense!!! :clapping

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 02:22:37 PM »
Lets see how good a player Richo is when we stop mucking around with the ball at HB and get into the fwd 50 quickly.

Richo in a 1 on 1 contest will win it 9 times out of 10

Takes us forever to move the ball from HB. Giving plenty of time for opponents to flood back and man up.

Richo is not to blame. Its our ball movement and rebound footy.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »
simple answer is to play Richo down field on the wing or HFF & play through him with a small player at his feet & then rest him at FF.
This would cause teams great concern because we have other options then to use the corridor or other wing, There is no way in this world l would drop a ball magnet like Richo his got the best hands & great kick on the move why on earth would you drop a player who can gather 10-15 marks at times & can kick long goals, why you think he runs down the field to help out often getting the ball because everyone down the back are stuffing it up turning it over & using the wrong option
Richo is too good a player to think of droping, otherwise coaches would have done it long ago if he was the problem.

We have a winner!

Offline Rex

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 08:35:04 PM »
i have said it b4
richo is 100% effort = 0 reward

he is a liability and a joke

{X} what did you think of him today ????????????????????/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 09:02:04 PM by one-eyed »

Tigermonk

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »

l would say that you all read this post again it explains what happened with Richo today
is Wallat reading what l write  ??? na surely not its just that times have started to change for RFC
its great to see a different game plan & also strengthens my idea Richo serves us better in a greater role down the ground while the cubs are breed playing senior football now bring on Cleve Hughes

Tigermonk

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 08:50:50 PM »

We have a winner!

& the winner is Richmond our football club  :thumbsup  ;D  :clapping  & my sad mates in WA that will transfer thier money this week into my bank account as will sportsbet for my crazy betting  :lol :lol  :thumbsup