Author Topic: WTF, our fwd line  (Read 4318 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: WTF, our fwd line
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2008, 08:59:04 PM »
Polak's goalkicking is iffy but he was very good today otherwise. He presented the option that allowed Richo to be freed up further up the ground and he marked nearly everything in sight that came his way.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2008, 09:06:42 PM »
Like many others, I have been harping on about how we need Richo playing up the ground and using his speed, motor and marking ability to expose the opposition while also giving more space in the forwardline and making us far less predictable.

It worked beautifully and I believe it would work just as well on the MCG. I'm not sure how it would work on the smaller grounds though but I hope we get to see it tried.

Great game Richo! :clapping

Stripes

Tigermonk

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 09:07:52 PM »
Confidence is the key now, as long as the players keep their heads after a win & Wallet moves the side around alot more so that it confuses other sides Polak with them big hands will be a winner if his kicking goals & gets his confidence up
l'm concerned Johnson cant kick 45 metres at present but this could be his last year which gives Cotchin a huge task ahead

Tigermonk

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2008, 09:09:59 PM »
Like many others, I have been harping on about how we need Richo playing up the ground and using his speed, motor and marking ability to expose the opposition while also giving more space in the forwardline and making us far less predictable.

It worked beautifully and I believe it would work just as well on the MCG. I'm not sure how it would work on the smaller grounds though but I hope we get to see it tried.

Stripes

smaller grounds would be better for him as his engine would last longer & see more ground time

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »
 :clapping :clapping :clapping Congratulations to RFC today and also special congratulations to Terry Wallet for some very clever rotations which completely threw the Fremantle pre game plan. Richo on the wing is something as other people have said was long overdue, other rotations in the forward line worked a treat and we actually looked dangerous every time the ball came into the 50 metre zone. On a negative i would just like to say that we need a new goalkicking coach if indeed we have one. Graham Polak was abysmal with his kicking today, his marking was sensational and if he was to learn how to kick straight there is no reason he couldnt average 3-4 goals per game. Why does he constantly look for passing options while he is coming in to shoot goal? I think someone needs to take him aside and maybe provide Richo type instructions and that is when he takes a mark inside 50 to settle and just fully focus on kicking the goal. By rights we should of killed off Fremantle by half time if our goal kicking was up to scratch. Anyway hate to end on a negative so would like to wrap up with a big positive and that was the form of young Tambo, he has taken on alot of criticism of late for his lack of participation but today i think was an important milestone in his career, big pat on the back, great to see, keep it up :clapping

Tigermonk

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 09:21:51 PM »
Polak should be put at CHF & left there with Cleve Hughes taking the FF position
Cleve would have to play against the dogs after his efforts
with polak l would adopt a quick kick from the centre bouce at times with the midfielders feeding off him running into goals, using him to break the pattern heading into goals & also from the halfback attack to forward 50

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »

Stripes

smaller grounds would be better for him as his engine would last longer & see more ground time

Harder to run opponents off though!

Tigermonk

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2008, 09:37:30 PM »
you put him there to be used from attacking back 50 into the forward then lay off midfielders like Tambling & Foley even Hyde who can get long goals just use him to mark the ball & kick the odd goals within 40m

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 10:57:23 PM »
Just keep the opposition guessing.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 09:18:52 AM »
 :clapping :bow :thumbsup :clapping
What a comeback from the game against Collingwood, i had many people telling me over the last week that they liked Richmond soley because they made tipping easy, well i bet they are all  :banghead now.  Ok so i was wrong about dropping Richo (big enough man to admit when im wrong), although he was moved out of the forward line which mixed things up. White, taking on players time after time just needs to settle a little more when having the shot i think. Polak, Great hands poor kicking what more is there to say. Edwards goal in the last quater which resulted from multiple efforts. Tambling, Foley, Hyde, Delidio, etc all chipped in with goals but more importently they not only got the ball in thick and fast, they helped hold it in when it came to ground something that has been missing over the last few weeks and what prompted this post.   :woohoo :congrats