Author Topic: Tigers set to look outside Victoria for Gun Picks  (Read 2406 times)

PuntRdRoar

Tigers set to look outside Victoria for Gun Picks
« on: August 17, 2004, 01:56:48 PM »
Maybe some of you in the know may be able to confirm this...Jacko- Where are ya mate!... but I understand the tigers like quite afew interstaters this year...whilst I dont have a definitive list yet... I believe the names under serious consideration this year include...

Brett Deledio (TAC Cup)- Midfielder
Jaryd Roughead (TAC Cup)- CHF/CHB
Richard Tambling (NT)- Midfielder
Ryan Griffin (SANFL)-Midfield/HBF/HFF
Angus Monfries (SANFL)- Midfielder
Ben Eckermann (SANFL)- Midfielder
Chad Gibson (SANFL)- Key Forward
Lance Franklin (WAFL)-Key Position

Also look for Sam Robertson to be taken around 50 if he hasnt been selected!

As u can see most come from outside Victoria...for me...I understand Wallace likes Tambling alot...but imho...i think hes a risk at Richmond- could be another fiora- very skinny kid but amazing talent- still i wouldnt take tambling

Also look for a couple of trades which sees us have more than 2 picks in the top 10 so we can get access  to atleast 1 or maybe 2 of extra players from the list above...

Now maybe Jacko or someone wants to confirm, or maybe not...and dont bring up my thread on hodge because I was asking the question if people had heard the rumours...this is my information...i just wanna know if it has legs!

froars

Re: Tigers set to look outside Victoria for Gun Picks
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 02:06:45 PM »
i think Jackster mentioned that on another thread a few days ago, but i don't remember which one.
Where is the guru when you need him lol

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 02:10:39 PM »
We would only get 2 extra picks etc if we traded richo AND ottens. IMO i wouldnt do it its not worth it.

Anyway tambling would be a huge risk yes he does have talent but i remember johnny barnes saying something about krakouer and if we drafted another aboriginal player he would really settle down and play really good father. Also with his father coming out of prison over summer it will guide him better and make him play better footy.

Good news about that list it looks good.

I would go

First pick: Griffen or Deledio- Hands down these 2 are the best talents going around inside and outside players but deledio has more strings to his bow and is stronger and taller. Bigger kick also. And its beleived that griffen was stretchered off the ground in SA the other day after doing damage to his knee so you would expect that would lower his chances of top 3 now that the draft camp is coming up. I remember teh eagles still took judd after hurting his shoulder but a knee is certainly a different thing.

2nd pick would take a key position
Deluca/Roughead

Its so important to get it right and take the best available but since this years draft isnt too far apart its pretty even you can take what position you need to fill IMO.

I will have more when i know what picks we will have.
wrenny

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 02:13:49 PM »
I think you can add Cameron Wood from SA to the list of players being looked at ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 02:30:48 PM »
i think Jackster mentioned that on another thread a few days ago, but i don't remember which one.
Where is the guru when you need him lol

You're correct froars about Jackstar mentioning a few days ago about us going for interstate (esp. SA) players:
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=674.0#msg6229
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 02:57:04 PM »
Deledio will go #1 so if we win on the weekend we can kiss him goodbye to Hawthorn.

Like wrenny I really liked Ryan Griffen. He has a number of senior games for South Adelaide this year working his way up from the U19's. He has a slight cartilage tear in his left knee (happened this weekend) which has put him out for the season.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Top draft tip out for season
The Adelaide Advertiser
By WARREN PARTLAND
17aug04

AFL recruitment personnel have had their final chance to watch outstanding South Adelaide prospect Ryan Griffen in action before the national draft.

The talented teenager will miss the Panthers' final two minor round matches after damaging his knee in the loss to Glenelg on Saturday.
Griffen was carried from the field in the last quarter and there were fears he had suffered major damage.

But tests revealed a slight cartilage tear in his left knee and he will undergo surgery today.

"I've had problems with the knee on and off for a few months," he said. "It is not bad though and I'll have a minor operation."

Griffen is tipped to be picked up early in the draft in November after impressing as state captain in the national under-18 championships in Melbourne.

A product of South Adelaide's juniors, he has made nine league appearances for the Panthers and shown enormous potential.

The loss of Griffen further hinders the Panthers' slim chances of qualifying for the finals. They have lost their past six matches to slip to seventh place.

South has a bye this week and then fronts Sturt and North Adelaide in the last two rounds.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/footy03/story_page/0,8747,10469152%255E24395,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 03:21:39 PM »
They are going to hate us in S.A. :o

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 10:54:13 AM »
Jack I have had a look at the tapes, and I am very tempted to go Franklin at No1

He is going to fill out into a monster and has that absolute superstar class about him.

Deledio and Griffen and good solid players but not game breakers. Franklin has that ability and I reckon we should take the risk

Blaisee

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 11:22:57 AM »
A few more to add: Willetts from SA  Delmenico from WA Hammil from Qld  Earl Shaw from NSW(I think!)

Tentative top 5
1 Delidio
2 Griffen
3 Tambling
4 Franklin
5 Monfries or Roughead

Smoky Jordan Lewis
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 01:37:32 PM »
We'll get picks 1,4, 20.

Here's 20 players..I'd be suprised if our 3 picks aren't in this group...there are some u18 all Australians not in here

Mids
Brett Deledio (TAC Cup)- Midfielder
Richard Tambling (NT)- Midfielder
Ryan Griffin (SANFL)-Midfield/HBF/HFF
Angus Monfries (SANFL)- Midfielder
Ben Eckermann (SANFL)- Midfielder
Jordan lewis
Stribling
Ryan Jackson

Keys
Chad Gibson (SANFL)- Key Forward
Lance Franklin (WAFL)-Key Position
Jaryd Roughead (TAC Cup)- CHF/CHB
Willits CHF
Grundy
Kirkby
Drum
Toovey

Rucks
DeLuca
Wood
Meeson
Lynch

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 01:40:17 PM »
I reckon Wood from SA is show if he's available by pick 20

We have to draft a young ruckman
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 02:39:41 PM »
wood at 20...wouldn't that be nice.

Griffen, Deledio, tambling, Franklin are all mentioned as worthy no.1 picks
I'll eat my hat if we don't choose two of these...and they'll all go top 4.

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 02:45:36 PM »
No way we can get franklin with pick 1. He is way to much of a risk. Its definatly deledio or griffen pick 1 then pick 4 one of tambling, roughhead or franklin.

Pick 20 best ruckman available. I would expect de luca to be gone by now so one of meeson, wood or shaw
wrenny