Author Topic: Caro guarantees Wallace won't be sacked midseason  (Read 5998 times)

Little Jackie

Re: Caro guarantees Wallace won't be sacked midseason
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2008, 11:22:43 AM »
one guess

You know I really like this site but the constant negative and even hateful banter is really energy sapping. I don't care if we have the worst coach in the history of history, why do we need to use every thread and every post to spear him, the players and the club.

We all know the strengths and weaknesses of our coach and playing list and we al know the predicament we are currently in so why not use the forum to discuss the issues at hand rather than revisiting the same banter day in day out?

I think it is normal to vent your frustration after a bad game or even a series of poor preformances by players and the coaching panel but when it becomes relentless you end up becoming worse than an opposition supporter - because you offer no hope or distribute no praise.

Shouldn't we be about celebrating the club we love. Discuss the issues yes but if you can not find even one positive in the club maybe its time to change teams.

We know the score...lets try and support the club to change it. Not everything needs to be about how bad TW is - please :pray

Stripes

fair call stripes :gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2008, 11:37:17 AM »
 :thumbsup

Onya stripes - Been getting a bit pizzed off about this myself of late.

Little Jackie

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2008, 11:45:05 AM »

if your peeed off , it should be directed at the club, not me, I dont coach or run the place.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »
Sometimes what ppl type gets misread, wasn't having a go directly at you Jack.

It's me! It's me!
Looks like he's saying, "Kiss me! Kiss me!"
Smart-ass motherfucker!  ROFL @ DC's av

Just the whole negative vibe from some that just never ends.

We have what we have - just would prefer people to me more productive in their critisim than just slaggin players, coaches, posters off consatantly.

:gotigers

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:52:20 PM by CUB »

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
Maybe Jack is right and Sheeds is coming to the Tigers after seeing him in those AquaMAX ads. After all, coaching the RFC and
hot water go hand in hand! :lol

Little Jackie

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2008, 12:31:21 PM »
Maybe Jack is right and Sheeds is coming to the Tigers after seeing him in those AquaMAX ads. After all, coaching the RFC and
hot water go hand in hand! :lol

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm  :shh

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »
Jack the more I think about Sheeds current association with AquaMAX the more I think he's preparing to coach us....
Our forward line is as mobile as a row of hot water services, We take too long to warm up, We blow a valve in high pressure situations and We go cold just when We need them to be running hot!  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »

Ditto

Good post Stripes

if your peeed off , it should be directed at the club, not me, I dont coach or run the place.

::) ::)

This isn't an attack on you Jack but an observation...

For just on 12 months now (yep 12 months) you have been going on and on about the same thing.

You even went as far last year to make predictions about Sheedy coming back to coach the RFC - it didn't happen but now 3 rounds into the the season you've started with it again. You may want him to coach Richmond but that doens't mean he is the right person to coach Richmond

You say you are not a disgruntled ex employee but whether you want to admit it or not your posts on anything Wallace comes across that way - after 12 long months that can happen.

We know you don't think he can coach, we know you don't like him or Miller but at times it just seems you are getting more pleasure these days out seeing us lose and other teams who most view as our enemies win.

That's why stripes post was such a goodin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 02:09:55 PM »
I don't believe this is a one off phenomia. In some threads people gets drawn up into the hate cycle and there can be 15 different posters all making extrodinary statements about how we need to clean out the whole place from president to new recruits!

It's not any one person but I think those people who are the most angry at our current situation can often be the most vocal which can intimidate those of us who still see some glimmer of hope there into not posting at all.

I think everyone gets disheartened by our results when nothing ever seems to change and it is much easier to find fault sometimes than cling to hope but I believe all this negativity only ultimately pulls us down and turns us into something we are not.

Who wants to spend all there time on this site finding faults - does that make you feel better? Even if people are proved right and we end up falling into a heap again - will you be happy?

I would rather try and find solutions, cling to some semblance of belief than fall the other way....even if I am eventually proved wrong.

Don't you come to this site because you are passionate about the Richmond Football club? Then why are you seeking to constantly pick over it and find fault.

I don't think there is a poster who visits this site who doesn't love the Tigers yet there is scores of people who get on this site and rubbish our club every day. Surely there is some thing there still to like....

Stripes

Tigermonk

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2008, 02:22:16 PM »
 ;D  :rollin :lol we come to vent cause we know the problems over the years & no-one is changing the faults

Little Jackie

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2008, 04:22:57 PM »

Ditto

Good post Stripes

::) ::)

This isn't an attack on you Jack but an observation...

For just on 12 months now (yep 12 months) you have been going on and on about the same thing.

You even went as far last year to make predictions about Sheedy coming back to coach the RFC - it didn't happen but now 3 rounds into the the season you've started with it again. You may want him to coach Richmond but that doens't mean he is the right person to coach Richmond

You say you are not a disgruntled ex employee but whether you want to admit it or not your posts on anything Wallace comes across that way - after 12 long months that can happen.

We know you don't think he can coach, we know you don't like him or Miller but at times it just seems you are getting more pleasure these days out seeing us lose and other teams who most view as our enemies win.

That's why stripes post was such a goodin

I tell you the problem I have.
Both Miller and Wallace left other clubs to come to punt road and left the clubs they were at in a mess , FACT .no argument there.
The RFC is heading in the wrong direction (football wise) because of these two clowns, nothing personal, but neither can do there job with much efficentancy.
Recruiting has been a disgrace. game plans and set ups on match day ,ordinary  . You all take pot shots at me, I am neither the recuiter or the coach.
WP , you say I dont think he can coach, I know he cant coach, if anyone on here knows that, I should have some idea sitting with him on most weeks for 2 years  ::)

Little Jackie

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2008, 04:27:12 PM »
And further WP. Danny Frawley has more idea than Terry Wallace

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2008, 05:01:10 PM »
On a serious note, lets say that

1) Terry has the backing of the board and they believe in continuity so much that he has until the end of next season, no matter what.
2) The board realise we are not going to make the finals before then

What new performance indicators can you set for Terry so that we get a list with the max upside and avoid a Spud-style trading of draft picks to try and get some short term success? If you aren't going to sack him, how do you prepare for the possibility of life after him, make sure the club ends up in a decent position end 2009 whilst all the time giving Terry the thought that he might just yet get a contract extension if he does well in developing a young list.

I mean in an ideal world you sack a coach who isn't getting results (and I mean individual player skill improvements and gameplan development as much as ladder position) but the club seems to want to project an image of unity at the moment.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2008, 05:13:46 PM »
I should have some idea sitting with him on most weeks for 2 years  ::)

Many bag Wallace, a lot of close friends do, I have tried to stick by him but the way we are going this year could be the final straw.
Those that bag him have many differing views some you can agree with some you don't, just depends on which way you interpret footy, after all one certain way is not allways the right way.

Can you answer me one ?

With Richo whether or not the players are intructed to bomb it to him or they just do it when they lose the plot.

Has Wallace ever instructed a player or players to shadow Richo and tell them to get front and square whenever he leads out.
Tiger fans can bag Richo but if he is the only guy demanding the ball and 2 or 3 defenders are ready to get it too ground and rebound why cant we have the crumbers there to negate this tactic or win the ball themselves.

Does he do this or players just do not listen, what suggestions did you ever make and what responses did Wallace give.

I would get someone like Tambling this week and tell him he is never to be more than 20 metres from Richo for the day and when he takes off for a lead Tambling is there at every contest, at least this will get Tambling to the ball more often as well as in normal play and we may see what he is made (RT) of.

Not real sure of what wallaces philosophy is, but me being as simple as I am would like to see some kiddy stuff.

Build a spine have your smalls supoorting your talls down the middle and if in doubt kick the Stuff out of the thing, at least it will be 50 metres down the field in a 50/50 contest instead of 10 handballs round in a circle and turnover from exactly the same spot as 10 Possies ago.

If it results in a 20 point loss scoring 20 odd goals at least I will be able see some type of plan evolving.

Said I would not comment on individuals until round 10, but I firmly beleive the cattle "recuiting" hasn't been as bad as some make out and it is just the mental problem upstairs that is causing us problems atm. Where that is coming from well meh .....

Little Jackie

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2008, 06:01:35 PM »
I will answer the Richo  question for you.
They ""usually "play the ""hit up"" forwards high to allow room to move up the ground.
The problem with Richo is that Terry always wants to stand a Schulz or a Hughes/pattison down with Richo.
They are instructed to kick to the top of the square, problem is that they all take each others space. Thats why you nearly always see a third man up against Richo . he is never isolated one out. ::)
Team mates fault and coaches fault.
Richo is at fault also for demanding the ball wide, who,s fault, thats the coaches.  Should drag him every time ge goes wide.
Can tell you a few years ago Wallet had a rule for Richo, if he plays on inside 50 from a mark, he was automatically dragged, doesnt do it any more it seems, Wallet gone soft