Author Topic: Tigers vs Freo  (Read 16411 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Freo
« on: April 09, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »
What's your initial thoughts? Anyone give us a chance?

We haven't won at Subiaco since 2001 against either WA side and lost the last 5 there against Freo.

Sportal saying Tarrant and McPharlin are doubtful although Harvey says McPharlin will play. Harvey hinted either Antoni Grover or Daniel Gilmore may be given the job of blanketing Richo to allow McPharlin to go forward.

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/tarrant-battling-fitness-46347

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Freo
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:25:35 PM »
What's your initial thoughts? Anyone give us a chance?

We haven't won at Subiaco since 2001 against either WA side and lost the last 5 there against Freo.

Sportal saying Tarrant and McPharlin are doubtful although Harvey says McPharlin will play. Harvey hinted either Antoni Grover or Daniel Gilmore may be given the job of blanketing Richo to allow McPharlin to go forward.

http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/tarrant-battling-fitness-46347
One- eyed, with the risk of sounding like i`m going bat- poo, i do give us a chance.
And i`m going to back that up with no stats, no reasoning and certainly no logic but i really think we can win. I liken freo to the tiges at times, it doesn`t matter how good the coach is, sometimes were just not meant to win and i think for once the tiges will run out and have some poo in them.

Tigermonk

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:30:16 PM »
only chance we have MT is that the sinking Anchors had a real tuff match on a real hard ground last week in very muggy heat.  The players were cramping at halftime.  l never seen anything like it before so that would be a bonus for us, considering we go there to play long direct football & make them run on that big ground,  we could run over the top of them it will be a hard challenge
Honestly l dont rate the sinking Anchors as a top side,  infact they topped up like we done & failed there for a few years.
Rhys Palmer looks like a good player & is rated better than his draft pick number 7 & the other new lad cant think of his name now but he had a very good debut was it Mayne not sure

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 07:36:05 PM »
Rhys Palmer looks like a good player & is rated better than his draft pick number 7 & the other new lad cant think of his name now but he had a very good debut was it Mayne not sure

Mark it in your diary TMonk :thumbsup we finally agree on an opposition player. Palmer looks very promising indeed

Do we have chance.....

Yeah - we actually play well against Subi. Last year we were right in that game until the final quarter - dodgy umpiring decision proved costly. I reckon we can out run the Dockers - it is our forward line set up that is the key IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:36:54 PM »
only chance we have MT is that the sinking Anchors had a real tuff match on a real hard ground last week in very muggy heat.  The players were cramping at halftime.  l never seen anything like it before so that would be a bonus for us, considering we go there to play long direct football & make them run on that big ground,  we could run over the top of them it will be a hard challenge
Honestly l dont rate the sinking Anchors as a top side,  infact they topped up like we done & failed there for a few years.

tell me about it. that rhys palmer will get me 100k on the super coach this week. a future gun in the making.

okay i think we will get smashed this week. absolutely smashed and i am even thin king of slapping a lazy $50 on mcpharline or tarrant to kick most goals in the match

we usually run some dud back into form. corey jones, medhurst whose next??
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:57:15 PM »
Many think holding Pavlich is the key I think guys like Pav will always take their 12 marks and kick 3 goals with 20 or so touches.
I think its those second and third tier show ponies and decent footballer wannabes like
Farmer Headland McPharlin Carr and co blokes who can go missing for 100 minutes and bob up for 10 or so minutes to tilt a game in their teams favour only to then believe the hype of their deeds and go missing fo the 3 subsequent weeks and end up going home in a police divvy van.
Through that logic some less logic that escapes me right now and some feeling I have inside me (no wait a minute that's dinner) we have a 1.39% chance of winning.
Hopefully if we are in front with 5 to go the umpires don't pluck out some home team frees as we have copped in the last 3 visits.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 08:17:24 PM »
of course we have a chance, its a 2 horse race

but will we win, likely not , most likely get thumped

des headland is the one we have to stop

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 01:27:49 AM »
I don't rate Freo at all.
Tiger win coming up.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 07:45:57 AM »
i dont rate freo either, but being in freo, and freo having 3 extra players (umpires) on the field, we are facing a major uphil battle

something tells me the players have lost faith in wallace, i hope im wrong , but the way we play this week, will confirm whether the team want terry or not

if e have a red hot go, win or lose, that means the boys want terry, if we get blown out of the park, then its plain obvious terry has lost the group

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »
Same old here
We have put in a couple of unacceptable efforts, a bit of pressure goes on, we fire up a bit but not enough to win over there Freo by 2 - 4 goals

Same old poop over and over and over and over - Getting really sick of it.

Ohh well no choice but to soldier on I spose  :banghead

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 12:31:12 PM »
i dont rate freo either, but being in freo, and freo having 3 extra players (umpires) on the field, we are facing a major uphil battle

something tells me the players have lost faith in wallace, i hope im wrong , but the way we play this week, will confirm whether the team want terry or not

if e have a red hot go, win or lose, that means the boys want terry, if we get blown out of the park, then its plain obvious terry has lost the group

Fremantle are the biggest pretenders going around.
They just got over the line against a West Coast team that is clearly struggling this season whereas the Pies are a very good side.
I think this game will be a heck of a lot closer than most people think.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »
As above - Think we can make it close, just sick of close  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 11:21:01 PM »
The last few times we've been over there we've been the better side in general for a half without putting it on the scoreboard and then got run over in the last on the bigger Subiaco. As TM said we've got to hope the derby and all the hoola that goes with it has taken some of the juice out of Freo.

If we go indirect and handball happy like last week then forget it as we'll get smashed. If we put Tarrant back into form I'll do this ->  :banghead.

Agree about watching out for Headland. Unaccountable and the biggest 'cheat' in the AFL and gets on the end of cheap goals when Freo has the momentum of the game. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »
TAB Sportsbet Odds

Head to Head

Fremantle   $1.12 
Richmond   $5.50 

Line

Fremantle  -37.5 Pts  $1.90 
Richmond +37.5 Pts  $1.90 

Margin

Fremantle Under 39.5 Pts  $2.40 
Fremantle Over 39.5 Pts    $1.98 

Richmond Under 39.5 Pts  $ 6.25 
Richmond Over 39.5 Pts    $23.00 

Draw  51.00

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 07:31:40 AM »
I've already put a little wager on us with a 37.5 headstart.

If we only lose to top 4 sides by 40, we shouldnt lose to the DOckers by more than 4 goals.
EAT EM ALIVE!