Author Topic: Cogs' injury update  (Read 6702 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Cogs' injury update
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 05:22:08 PM »
dont lay your politcal Dictionary rubbish on me
l seen this type of stuff from being involved at a capacity of football for 30+ years as player & coaching
l seen it from past dealing of Richmond holding onto injured players in the past & it does not work
it hold the club back financial & rewards nothing & cost the spot of rising talent to be unleashed
you can beleive all the stuff you like but his body at 25 is not recuperating cause its effing shot  :lol  what part of that dont you understand his body is not upto league football anymore its SHOT  :thumbsup so offload him like Gasper, pay him out & promote a rookie at at years end its a free spot for the next younger Coughlan to be breed.

Mate, you really are a tosser.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 07:15:09 PM »
l seen this type of stuff from being involved at a capacity of football for 30+ years as player & coaching
l seen it from past dealing of Richmond holding onto injured players in the past & it does not work
it hold the club back financial & rewards nothing & cost the spot of rising talent to be unleashed
you can beleive all the stuff you like but his body at 25 is not recuperating cause its effing shot  :lol  what part of that dont you understand his body is not upto league football anymore its SHOT  :thumbsup so offload him like Gasper, pay him out & promote a rookie at at years end its a free spot for the next younger Coughlan to be breed.
He's still on our list, is one of our best players, is in the age bracket we are sadly deficient in, is recovering from 1 injury, and has not been tested senior level yet to know if he is still up to it or not.  What part of that don't you understand?

And don't lay your experience on me, penis envy is a very shallow and futile exercise that gets trotted out when you have no basis of fact on which to argue.  You the only person in the world with 30+ years experience hey?

he is still on our list

HE WAS ONE OF OUR BETTER PLAYER

draga had better skills than cogs and was much more classier but 2 knees finished him.

cogs will never come good, 2 knees means 2 hamstring tendons have been removed and grafted to his knee joint, hence the hammy troubles he is having now.

cogs will struggle as we have better younger fitter faster players coming through

shaould have let him go when he had trade value as soon as he won the jd medal we should have used him to gain better players.

b4 ppl jump on my back, he was never as good and polished as he appeared and the rfc have failed to capitise on players like him in th epast by trading them when they had value to better our club. bowden, tivendale, daffy. naish etc etc

should have traded pettifer last yr also

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 09:15:55 PM »
He's still on our list, is one of our best players, is in the age bracket we are sadly deficient in, is recovering from 1 injury, and has not been tested senior level yet to know if he is still up to it or not.  What part of that don't you understand?

And don't lay your experience on me, penis envy is a very shallow and futile exercise that gets trotted out when you have no basis of fact on which to argue.  You the only person in the world with 30+ years experience hey?

he is still on our list

draga had better skills than cogs and was much more classier but 2 knees finished him.

Oh my God...  :P

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 10:06:45 PM »
u have no idea and are a know all punce bentoveresqe

only if u saw draga through all his junior career u would know what im on about

so fo figjam

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 10:30:02 PM »
he is still on our list
Fact
Opinion
Opinion
cogs will never come good, 2 knees means 2 hamstring tendons have been removed and grafted to his knee joint, hence the hammy troubles he is having now.
Opinion
cogs will struggle as we have better younger fitter faster players coming through
Opinion
shaould have let him go when he had trade value as soon as he won the jd medal we should have used him to gain better players.
Hindsight/Opinion
b4 ppl jump on my back, he was never as good and polished as he appeared and the rfc have failed to capitise on players like him in th epast by trading them when they had value to better our club. bowden, tivendale, daffy. naish etc etc
Hindsight/Opinion
should have traded pettifer last yr also
Pointless opinion.

So the only fact you could present to back up your point was that he is still on our list.  Wow, convinced me!

Opinions are like sphincters - we all have one - and basing your case to sack or trade Coughlan on 1 fact and 6 points of opinion makes me very thankful you have no say in the day to day running of our club.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »

so fo figjam
And I'm sure Anthony Banik, Ezra Poyas, Alex Gilmour, Scott Homewood, Jarryd Oakley-Nicholls and the multitude of other draftees that didn't or won't make it were also very gifted juniors - that's most likely how they got noticed and drafted in the first place.  None of it means they will be great or even good AFL players for any number of reasons.  I owned a racehorse once that had impeccable breeding, good trainer, trialled well, and ran into a running rail during a gallop one morning - had to be put down.  Might have been a champion one day but ended up dog meat and the reality is - that's all it was worth.  Dragacevic?  Might have been the greatest guy going around and should have been a triple Brownlow Medallist.  Reality?  Dog meat.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 10:53:59 PM »

so fo figjam

Cry me a river women.

Rodan won two best on ground in grand finals in juniors. Rodan was traded because he wasnt up to it.

Cogs wont be traded. Proven top shelf.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2008, 10:59:45 PM »

so fo figjam

Cry me a river women.

Rodan won two best on ground in grand finals in juniors. Rodan was traded because he wasnt up to it.

Cogs wont be traded. Proven top shelf.

You are right Bentleigh Cogs will not be traded............................................. Watch this space.

Tigermonk

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2008, 11:14:34 PM »

your a born tosser pal, Coughlan has missed 3 years of football what part of that dont you understand. your defending a broken player who has not even recovered from the first knee & he did it in again without even getting on the field then pulls hammys haha when in the last 3 years has he played a great game

ZERO

Tigermonk

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2008, 11:19:13 PM »

Mate, you really are a tosser.

No l speak the facts we got a footballer who is on good money for 3 years & no service
stop living in 2003, this is 2008 his broken finished face the facts 2008 l reckon he wont make the senior side
call me what you want but reality is on my side. His given no service is 3 years how the stuff do you know how good he is
Polo will push him our the door

Tigermonk

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2008, 11:23:37 PM »
Pop Coughlan

Cotchin has just taken his spot you think cog will push this yourngster out of the team dont think so
heard his Special  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
No l speak the facts we got a footballer who is on good money for 3 years & no service
stop living in 2003, this is 2008 his broken finished face the facts 2008 l reckon he wont make the senior side
call me what you want but reality is on my side. His given no service is 3 years how the eff do you know how good he is
Polo will push him our the door
You actually haven't spoken one fact at all, not one.  Coughlan has missed 18 months, not 3 years.  Round 12 2006 vs Hawthorn - remember?  Up to then he had averaged 21.9 disposals in 11 games, 36 tackles at 3.3 per game.  Previous season he played all 22 games averaging over 22 disposals per game, 99 tackles at 4.5 per game, 10 Brownlow votes.  All of this within your much vaunted last 3 years.  A deeper look at his career shows that he played 5 games in his first year at senior level (2001), 3 more early in 2002 then broke back in for round 10 and didn't miss a game for the rest of the season.  Won the Jack Dyer medal in 2003 playing in every game.  Played the first 5 games in 2004 then missed 14 straight with OP until round 21.  Played the rest of that season, all of 2005 and every game in 2006 until his knee in round 12.  So the FACT is he has a very good record of durability, is a club Best & Fairest winner, has scored 29 Brownlow votes in his career, and has only injured his knee ONCE playing football - he had the 2nd operation because the 1st one wasn't a success, nothing whatsoever to do with football.

You asked the question "how the eff do you know how good he is" - and that's my exact point - no-one knows, certainly not you or me!  But the worst thing we can do as a club is to make a hasty ill-thought out decision regarding the future of a proven big time player who has a lot to offer the team if he recovers fully.  Applying your theory we should have traded Richo back in 1995?  And again, applying your theory we did the correct thing in trading Roden?  Brisbane should have traded Bradshaw?  Collingwood should have traded Rhyce Shaw?  Bulldogs should have traded Murphy and Giansiracusa?  Adelaide should have traded Shaun Rehn?  I'll bet he's glad your theory didn't apply at Adelaide - he played in 2 winning grand finals after doing 2 separate knee's.  And played another 49 games in 3 seasons after doing his 3rd.  Heaven help anyone at Richmond that does a knee then.

Maybe its you who needs to stop living within the boundaries of your own prejudices and open your mind.  And as for being a tosser?  Most girls I know stopped the name calling while still at school - might be time for you to grow up and do the same.

Tigermonk

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2008, 10:33:57 AM »
You actually haven't spoken one fact at all, not one.  Coughlan has missed 18 months, not 3 years.  Round 12 2006 vs Hawthorn - remember?  Up to then he had averaged 21.9 disposals in 11 games, 36 tackles at 3.3 per game.  Previous season he played all 22 games averaging over 22 disposals per game, 99 tackles at 4.5 per game, 10 Brownlow votes.  All of this within your much vaunted last 3 years.  A deeper look at his career shows that he played 5 games in his first year at senior level (2001), 3 more early in 2002 then broke back in for round 10 and didn't miss a game for the rest of the season.  Won the Jack Dyer medal in 2003 playing in every game.  Played the first 5 games in 2004 then missed 14 straight with OP until round 21.  Played the rest of that season, all of 2005 and every game in 2006 until his knee in round 12.  So the FACT is he has a very good record of durability, is a club Best & Fairest winner, has scored 29 Brownlow votes in his career, and has only injured his knee ONCE playing football - he had the 2nd operation because the 1st one wasn't a success, nothing whatsoever to do with football.

thats right Coughlan didnot do his knee in football the second time, he did it in the shower accident, as you said his a Superfit player well where is he cause l dont see him playing  :lol  not even in the Coburg seconds cause his broken, & whats is the real reason his not playing  ;D cause his so superfit from what you say  :lol his breaking down all the time. Superfit is someone l call Robert Harvey who gets injured often, but returns to dominate games & his a old man  :rollin had more injuries than Coughlan yet is still giving his club valued service what a champion. there goes your theory of being young & recuperating from injury better cause if a superfit old man recovers better than a young Coughlan than that tells me his body cannot cope with AFL preasure, Same applies to the likes of Judd he gives a service while being injured, oh within them 3 years l should say 3 bad seasons his played not much foorball counting this year as well so you look at it how you want. go around help him recover cause if he dont play this year thats it  ;D
Richmond dont learn by its mistakes, holding onto injured players really has had thier revenge on the club over the years & gives other clubs the upper edge in development. have you not noticed the stand the club has taken on players giving any service they get cut cause the supporters have been venting for years now about our sad list & poor recruiting times are changing

but Coughlan is GAWN he will be fighting the likes of Tambling, Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, & l dont rate his chances these guys are in there playing & others are sitting waiting for them to get injured  ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2008, 11:05:11 AM »
So the FACT is he has a very good record of durability

That's not a fact, it's hilarious.
Cogs would be one of the most injury prone players to ever pull on a Richmond jumper.
He's missed a shedload of football and will find it extremely hard to get back. That's a fact.

Equally as comical.
4 or 5 years ago, pre his countless injury woes Cogs was going to be an absolute jet.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but no way on the planet would the club have traded Mark.
In fact he likely would have been the next Richmond Captain had injuries not gotten the better of him. :(

Tigermonk

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
oh by the way dont ever think that l dont admire Cogs as a footballer for RFC & his great skills & ability cause l do.
l like every supporter here want him to return & prove me wrong l would glady state l got it wrong
But the promises of his ready, no his not & what l know his got alot ahead of him & alot of work that only a mental toughness will get him through like a Robert Harvey with a never give up attitude & desire to except the pain that goes with being a elite player
RFC as a football club to rise needs all its players to be giving a service,  not sitting in the stands watching every season.

PS, l have used Robert Harvey as a example cause of his age & what his body has been through, 20 years of hard hitting league football. He still has the ability to recover & giving a valued service & proving old men can recover from injuries with the right people around him, Hence Richmond dont have that  :lol

:shh