Author Topic: Will this draw be considered a part of our forward momentum?  (Read 1962 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Will this draw be considered a part of our forward momentum?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 10:26:56 PM »
Does anyone think Bowden's experience would have changed things today as the Bulldogs kept coming

The way he is playing at the moment ...NO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 10:44:07 PM »
Does anyone think Bowden's experience would have changed things today as the Bulldogs kept coming

No

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 03:19:25 PM »
This week is a test of the team's mentality. Be disappointed yesterday but chins back up today. It's not the end of the world. Better to choke in round 5 of a development year and learn from it than do it in a final in 3-4 years time. We did still get 2 points (a loss would've been shattering) so we still got something out of yesterday's game to carry on some momentum. It's up to the boys and coaching staff to have a glass half full attitude and come out firing on Sunday and give it a red hot go.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 03:23:03 PM »

No

Agree, I know it's only 1 player put of 22 but I dont even know if we would've been in a winning position with Bowden wasting one of spots on the paddock.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 06:45:44 PM »
Exactly MT young teams developing will make mistakes and sometimes crucial ones. Although the point that King rushed through at 130-112 had the kick in reached Richo on the full in the back pocket we would have been talking about winning the 4 points not losing 2 as that error forced Richo to kick awkwardly to King who got it on to Foley who was pinned for the Cross goal. Hopefully they learn from this makes them feel like poo after all the effort they put in and gives them a steely resolve to go one better in the next match and subsequent matches. The look in the players eyes was one of frustration and anger at the end of the game not head lowered with tail between their legs and where to from here. Many positives draw could be a blessing in disguise.