Author Topic: Wallace's aftermatch media conference  (Read 2317 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace's aftermatch media conference
« on: April 27, 2008, 08:08:28 PM »
A snippet from Plough's press conference from SEN

* We were more prepared than last year for the way they played compare to last year. However Plan A fell apart pretty quickly and it looked like we would get blown away by 100 points. So we used then plan B and C and got back into the game.

* Hawthorn have been able to play every game on their terms. Watched their Adelaide and they won comfortably.

* Hawthorn were the better side on the night and far more advanced than us but in saying that our boys stayed in it to their credit.

* Mentioned the contest in the last quarter on our half-forward line when we were a kick down where there could have been 6 frees but there wasn't and the Hawks ran it down for the sealing goal.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Wallace's aftermatch media conference
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:18:47 PM »
they kicked poor thats their fault

but there is no excuse why the umpires week in week out crucify us

i hate these maggot mutha fudigng bastards

they may not wear white anymore but they are still rotten maggots

Little Jackie

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »
Over 20 more inside F 50 you will find.
That says it all

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »
Bad kicking is bad football and that can be attributed to our defenders learning how to force the forwards to lead into the pocket. They're getting smarter.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:07:24 PM »
Over 20 more inside F 50 you will find.
That says it all

no it dosnt, i recall many games in teh passed where we had heaps more inside 50;s and still got thumped or beaten.

wayne carey has always said, and i agree with him that inside 50 stats are useless, mean nothing.

we let them inside 50, but as TA said we forced them wide and made them kick from low perentage spots, hence the score line

in the end cyrils arse goal, the bs goals they got form bs free kicks that were not there, and the sealer they kicked cos umpires again cant do their job had a mojor influence on the result

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:16:21 PM »

I havent looked at the stats, but i thought we had a great run with the umpires tonight and got a lot of frees we shouldnt have.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:24:14 PM »

I havent looked at the stats, but i thought we had a great run with the umpires tonight and got a lot of frees we shouldnt have.
A bit dissappointed that the umpys don`t reward solid tackles. It seems that if you get the ball out of a tackle it doesnt matter how it was disposed of as long as you get it out. Terrys right about that exchange in the forward line, they just let the ball roll from their hands every time they got touched and never got penalised.

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »
X is right it was umpire #10  >:(  his a bastard of the AFL, he was totaly against us.
The umpires could have given them a few free kicks in the goal square but that umpire was equaling up for his bad offsider
If you had a stats sheet on the 3 field umpires it would clearly show umpire #10 was clearly against the RFC

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 09:38:48 PM »
as for Wallace saying they were the better team l disagree l reckon we were in it all day
stop protecting that Mcmahon he is a offender & Newman over the weeks has turned to poo

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 09:40:30 PM »

stats mean nothing, its the soft non existant frees they gave to them, and they heaps they missed for us

we tackled hard and unrewarded, many of them did 360s, dropped the ball threw the ball or were given an eternity  to get rid of it

many times they chopped our arms, pushed in the back or hit our players over the shoulder and we got nothing

and they got heaps of goals as a result of a free that wasnt there or was real soft or from frees that were missed for us which they inturn got it fwd and goaled

even on sen, and ex umpire called in and said that the umpiring was bad and hurt the tigers

for an umpire and geelong supporter to bag the umpires and say on air that they fav the hawks , i must be right

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 10:06:08 PM »
Umpire #10 X the biggest cheating bastard, he started it from early 1st quarter
dont worry cousin Geishien will be getting a phone call this week the fat prick

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 10:13:45 PM »
just shoot him monk

Tigermonk

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
put it this way X the next family outing l maybe reported  :lol  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 10:44:12 PM »
What frustrates supporters with umpiring is inconsistency. I have no probs with the whistle being put away during good contest after good contest (I prefer it actually) but it should be done over the whole games. No use paying technical soft incendental frees in the first quarter that gift players goalscoring opportunites and then late in the game just flap your arms like a lunatic and let it all go. The state and stage of the game shouldn't make a difference to umpiring decisions.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 11:14:06 PM »
Wallace: Hawks the best side in six years
richmondfc.com.au
Russell Holmesby
 9:22 PM Sun 27 April, 2008

RICHMOND coach Terry Wallace believes that Hawthorn is the best drilled side he has seen since Sydney emerged as a force six years ago.

Speaking after his side’s 12 point loss, Wallace said that the Hawks played a different style to any other team in the competition.

"I think they have taken the game to another level and it is a credit to their coaching staff and to the playing group. Probably this time last year we weren't that ready for it but this time around we knew how they were going to play it," Wallace said.

"We had Plan A in place and it fell apart very quickly and it looked like we were going to get beaten by a dozen goals if we kept going down that pathway."

Wallace said that by the time he deployed his third alternative plan the Tigers were able to get the game played on their terms rather than Hawthorn’s.

Wallace was referring to the difficulties of penetrating Hawthorn’s "rolling zone".

"I watched Adelaide get beaten by them a couple of weeks ago and they just beat (Adelaide) quite comfortably and people got frustrated by either kicking down a line and having it pushed very wide or by taking them on through the middle of the ground where their handball action comes into the game."

Wallace said that he felt the game was in the balance when there was a succession of tackles in front of the members’ stand half way through the last quarter.

"There could have been six different free kicks paid at any time and I had the feeling that whichever way it went, it was going to be pretty big in the result. It spilled out and went their way and they kicked a goal and sealed the game."

Wallace paid tribute to Matthew Richardson’s indomitable running capacity, both working back into defence and up forward later in the day.

Wallace refuted the suggestion by his opposite number Alistair Clarkson that he had dropped an extra man back all day.

"We played Matthew Richardson in the wing and Matthew plays the game pushing forward and working behind the ball at times. We never, ever lined up with one bloke sitting in the back half of the ground. If it did it was from a rollover of someone not picking someone up."

Wallace said that no side had managed to have more than 50 entries into the forward 50 zone this year.

"We couldn’t control the corridor like we have controlled the corridor in other games, couldn’t get our play-ons going, or our running bounces going.”

Wallace said the Hawthorn tactics were "fascinating stuff" and the "next generation of footy".

"No wonder he (Alistair Clarkson) wants lockout sessions because he’s doing things that other people are not doing at the moment. I don’t think I’ve seen a side do it any better than Hawthorn, ever. That's a pretty reasonable rap, I suppose.

"What they are trying to do is get you to kick the ball wide and then keep you wide and not get any sort of play back in the centre corridor at all."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=58618