Author Topic: Changes for next week vs Saints?  (Read 3494 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes for next week vs Saints?
« on: April 27, 2008, 08:39:18 PM »
What, if any, changes would you make for the Saints game next week?

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week vs Saints?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:43:42 PM »
out hyde  and white
in connors/collins and cotchin/jackson

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:38:39 PM »
Out: Polak, White (if inj)
In:  Cleve, Collins/Bowden (only b/c I think Joel will come in)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »
Out McMahon, Newman, Polak,

In Bowden, Hughes, Cotchin

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »
polak competed well and was good imo

newman is a serial offender.........should be trade bait

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:45:44 PM »
I just hope that Terry and the match commitee dont take a backward step and revert back to players of the ilk and character of Bowden, Pettifer and Tivendal now that we have  terms of player development application committment in the last three weeks and going back to those type of blokes will only hinder this improvement.
We need to have faith in the kids now that Terry is giving them the opportunity.

Out Hyde
In Cotchin or Connors

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:47:12 PM »
Those who think Collins is close to a game, think again.

He is a long way off AFL. He needs to be in the best for Coburg seniors atleast, he is currently play Coburg reserves.

Same goes for Connors.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:55:53 PM »
I just hope that Terry and the match commitee dont take a backward step and revert back to players of the ilk and character of Bowden, Pettifer and Tivendal now that we have  terms of player development application committment in the last three weeks and going back to those type of blokes will only hinder this improvement.
We need to have faith in the kids now that Terry is giving them the opportunity.

Out Hyde
In Cotchin or Connors

Kidding me right?  I am an absolute Hyde hater but he did a blanket job on Bateman that was first rate.

He isnt going anywhere.

And suggest Cotchin or Connors to come in when Cotchin cant even run out a VFL game yet and Connors can only flash in and out of games still.

Baffled.  :-\

EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 09:59:54 PM »
I just hope that Terry and the match commitee dont take a backward step and revert back to players of the ilk and character of Bowden, Pettifer and Tivendal now that we have  terms of player development application committment in the last three weeks and going back to those type of blokes will only hinder this improvement.

Out Hyde
In Cotchin or Connors

Kidding me right?  I am an absolute Hyde hater but he did a blanket job on Bateman that was first rate.

He isnt going anywhere.

And suggest Cotchin or Connors to come in when Cotchin cant even run out a VFL game yet and Connors can only flash in and out of games still.

your right l only said Cotchin cause l couldnot think of anyone else  ;D
Conners wont get a look in

Hughes & Bowden for sure

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 10:04:37 PM »

Out Hyde
In Cotchin or Connors

He isnt going anywhere.

Ok I just think Hyde is too one sided towards his left and it catches him out on occassions.
Knew that about Connors and Cotchin but just getting ahead of myself and trying to formulate a dream Richmond starting 22 in my mind. If anything McMahon needs to be dropped. :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 09:37:54 AM »

He is a long way off AFL. He needs to be in the best for Coburg seniors atleast, he is currently play Coburg reserves.
Not a fair comment on Collins at all.  He has been playing Coburg seniors, and well enough to be named emergency for Richmond.  He would have played if the weather had been wet (as predicted) and by the time this decision was made it was too late to play Coburg seniors.  He still needed to play somewhere and Coburg ressies was the only option left.  He is much closer to an RFC senior game than you are giving him credit for and he will give it a fair crack when he does.  He shows all the attributes of being a more than handy player and I'm comfortable in sticking my neck out by predicting he will be more reliable and play more games in his career than Connors, Polo, Meyer, JON and other much higher draft picks.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2008, 07:42:22 PM »

I think you will find he is very close indeed  ;) Chutney reckons was on standby for yesterday's game, hence why he played for Coburg ressies this week

So keeping this in mind I reckon...

If Matty White's knee doesn't come up

In: Collins & Bowden

Out: White & Edwards (Shane didn't have a good one this week)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 08:12:43 PM »
out - mcmahom
in  - bowden

im sorry 27 possy's and 6 clangers just doesn't cut it 4 me.

adding to that he failed to lay a tackle from where i was sitting so should be sent back to coburg
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »

I think you will find he is very close indeed  ;) Chutney reckons was on standby for yesterday's game, hence why he played for Coburg ressies this week

So keeping this in mind I reckon...

If Matty White's knee doesn't come up

In: Collins & Bowden

Out: White & Edwards (Shane didn't have a good one this week)

reckon you are spot on there WP, lets hope he doesnt end up like the Collins class subs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 09:41:16 PM »
One of the Saints' weaknesses is their their lack of pace. Hopefully Whitey's jarred knee comes up but if not I was looking for someone who could provide some zip rather than bringing back the same old faces. I didn't think Collins was too far away either.  It won't surprise me if Joel comes back in though.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd