Author Topic: If there's one game I want us to win it is this week  (Read 4246 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: If there's one game I want us to win it is this week
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »
this is now a danger game, the saints have been belted from pillar to post in the media. typical in a week where they play us.

they will come out firing, so we have to kill any confidence they have by kiking a 10 goal to nothing 1st quarter

and while doint that, listen to sen and hear grany thomars try to explain that his  aints are still a better team lol
Another good test for us. It's alright to do well when the media have written you off but it'll be interesting to see how we respond now when the opposition is put under the pump. In the past we've been slow to react at the start of the game and just rolled over even to poor sides. Like you say X we need to hurt their confidence from the first bounce (10 goal to nothing 1st qtr might be a touch optmistic though lol).

As for Thomas, he's already said this is the first time in years he's been nervous about the Saints' chances before a Richmond game. He's never rated or respected us but mind you we've done nothing to change that. About time Saturday night we draw that proverbial line in the sand.

funny thing about Grant is that he isnt really respected amongst his peers. :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 10:33:01 PM »
what makes u say that. i cant stand him personally. him and dermie on sen are the 2 most biased people on radio at present.

thomas talks as if he is still at stkilda and dermie well the way he craps on about the hawks is pathetic
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 10:32:04 PM »
The last thing I want to do is on Saturday night have to listen to someone from the Bayside Suburbs which blonde bleached hair a pair of reading glasses light brown chinos a tartan rug a thermos of coffee a jacquard St Kilda scarf probably bought at Rebel Sport for $60 at Southland and a partner ie second or third marriage with a teenage stepchild most likely a girl talking amongst themselves that the Tiggers have played 2 finals series in 26 years because it was written in the season 2008 preview in The Age in March yet they are blissfully unaware that their pathetic mob have been the worst performed club in 111 because those morons who write in the paper still think this mythical thing called a premiership window is still in existence for them.

I cannot wait to fire up and cram my in your face home truths about the real pecking order in the football jungle and give these "new footy fans" if we can call them that something to really talk about with stunned workmates in the tea room on Monday morning shaking their heads. These guys are overrated in terms of talent and underrated in terms of apathy failure misappropriation lethargy and stupidity. Its a story that has been running for 111 years and its still going. Even in their success a kick off the side of the boot against a team that couldn't win a Grand Final if they ran out onto the ground 5 days before the opposition is something also a little forlorn. Its time to educate the ignorant and re educate the stupid who have forgotten their roots. A Richmond win will only add validity to my rant and instill fear in these 3 time a year football attendees.

:gotigers
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:56:02 PM by Hellenic Tiger 74 »

richmondrules

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 06:52:51 AM »
lol. Agree whole heartedly.  :thumbsup

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 07:25:07 AM »

We will do the saints Saturday, bet my ballz on it. :gotigers

Thats a risky bet! lol If the posters on this thread were playing on Saturday, theres no way we would lose! I hope the Tigers run out with the same confidence and passion.
This one is personal for me as well, been going to the Saints game for so long with Saints supporters and havent had anything to rub their noses in yet :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 10:53:59 AM »
I just don't want Carlton to leap frog over us.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 01:12:11 PM »
i dare say its all in the first 5 minutes.

ill know after that time if we have come to play...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 12:37:48 AM »
Tell us what you really think of the Saints HT74  :rollin.

Yep first to the footy and play in front.

The umps were red hot tonight with frees in the Blues Eagles game especially 50m penalties. Geischen has obviously told them to crack down on frees this weekend  ::) so we need to be hard at the footy yet disciplined as we have been the past 3 weeks.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2008, 06:47:31 AM »
Tell us what you really think of the Saints HT74  :rollin.

Yep first to the footy and play in front.

The umps were red hot tonight with frees in the Blues Eagles game especially 50m penalties. Geischen has obviously told them to crack down on frees this weekend  ::) so we need to be hard at the footy yet disciplined as we have been the past 3 weeks.
We usually tend to give an indicator in the first 5 minutes - its not hard to tell if we're 'on' or not quite quickly.  I'm typing this sitting in a train on my way to the airport - will be there with bells on tonight for my first game for the year - hanging out for it.

And you were dead right about the umps MT.  Let Gehrig have a brain snap and give away a couple of 50mt goals - that'll be a good start!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 03:59:50 PM »
what makes u say that. i cant stand him personally. him and dermie on sen are the 2 most biased people on radio at present.

thomas talks as if he is still at stkilda
Thomas was on SEN this morning mocking Wallace over his Clarkson cluster comments (ie. being forced wide). Thomas said there's nothing new about the tactics and he did it at St Kilda where it was called a full press so where has Plough been.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »
i cant stand him i really can't.
i would love no more to smash those saints and shut idiots like thomas up

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 10:58:09 PM »
I am spewing we lost to those pr!cks!!!!!

We should have won, anyway not to worry. I thought Kel's goal was through until it did a huge leg break and hit the post.

Not to mention Browny's snap that also hit the post, and did i mention the mark that wasnt paid to Sarge in the 3rd qtr :banghead :banghead

And then that little prick Milne goes and kicks 7 goals, i could spew  :chuck :chuck

Good effort by the Tigers though, we smashed them in the hard ball gets and really deserved to win. I suppose if we can play that type of footy and just fall short all year it will be a blessing in disguise with draft picks etc

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 11:06:17 PM »

We missed Polak

We were one big man short in forward line

Good effort by the boys, i thought we had it won twice in the last couple of minutes.

Pity jack didn't go for the torp.

:)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »
It was a great game, I was shattered, still am feeling a little blue....couldve done with Newmans huge kick going for that last shot at goal, but probably knowing our luck it woulve gone 80 metres out on the full  :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 11:56:34 AM »
na noot good enough. that game was ours and a stkilda team minus goose, reiwvoldt in the last term and we lose is not good enough.
newman has gone backwards this year and why the hell wasn't both he and kingy playing on milny.
its never worked for the rfc to play man on man with him so why not not play both on him. ross lyon won the coaching tactics last night...

these r the players who really need to step back to coburg.

newman
tuck
mcmahon

i would like some one on this forum to tell me that bowden is not a better footballer than mcmahon. give me a break