Author Topic: If there's one game I want us to win it is this week  (Read 4247 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
If there's one game I want us to win it is this week
« on: April 29, 2008, 05:45:43 PM »
The Saints have pretty much owned us for the past 5 years since Thomas made his "we're still the better side" comment. Even when they've been struggling we've put them back into form  :P. Even in the NAB Cup we made them look like stars  :scream.

I would love nothing better than shutting their phoney premiership window for good on Saturday Night as well as seeing their once cocky supporters walk out at the end to the tune of 'Oh We're from Tigerland'  :thumbsup.

We owe them and this game is as much as test as the Dogs and Hawks. Roll over without even a whimper like we have in the past against the Saints and we'll spoil all the improvement we've made over the past 3 weeks.

Bring on Saturday night!   :gotigers
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

Re: If there's one game I want us to win it is this week
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 06:40:07 PM »
Even when they've been struggling we've put them back into form  :P.

I can't count the number of times we have played this roles for teams. The last time I can remember is a certain team that went on to win the 2007 premiership. As far as I am concerned it stops now. I am so sick of kick starting a teams season. Go somewhere else you pricks, RFC is closed for that sort of business.

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 06:44:06 PM »
 :clapping
Well said Mighty.

For some reason I've been really hurt by our losses to the Saints this decade. Dunno if it's because of what Thomas said, which was true, but extremely arrogant, for a side that really hasn't fulfilled it's potential. Or it could just be that I hate getting flogged by ten goals which is the norm with us and them.
Either way, it's a great time for us to pounce on their misfortunes, lets rub their face in it too! 
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 06:56:46 PM »

I have no problem with the Saints or the Dogs.

When was their last flag?

Feel sorry for them.

;)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 07:02:16 PM »

Yeah I used to think that MCM but then the Saints have inflicted some horrible damage on the Tiges in the last few years, which to me puts them on the same pedestal as the successful clubs that we all hate, Carlscum, Essendung and Collingpoo.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 08:41:09 PM »

Feel sorry for them.

;)

i had an issue with them till thomas got the flick. cant stand that prick.

saints yeah well u can out the cats in that category and i dont hate them.

in saying that id love to smash them. i love it how 3 weeks ago it was "here come the saints for the flag" hahaha makes me laugh what a bunch of pretenders.

saints supporters at the dome make a lot of noise but the bottom line is flags, thats what u play for and they have one..hahahahahaha

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 08:46:15 PM »
Would be so sweet to win this game.

Aints are getting desperate. I hope we rub there noses in it.

I think we can & will. 8)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:07:21 PM »
Can't stand St Kilda and their cocky supporters and over rated players. Don't care what anyones says they are the  most over rated team in Victoria, the most over rated in league is Freo

:pray :pray

I want a win.

To beat the Saints is almost as sweet as beating the Bombers.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 10:29:13 PM »
The only thing I have ever been able to say at these games when they are heaping krap on us is 26 spoons 1 flag.
Enough of that, stops now.  ish

Been saying for a while we don't have as bad a list a some(most) have been making out, just needed to find that mental switch above the shoulders and put it into the on position.

Was absolutely stoked with the Freo win, yeah Iv'e heard all the talk and don't care - not many if any teams will go over there and beat them by 10 goals as evidenced by the Geelong game.

Just a gut feel and evidenced by the last couple of weeks something has been triggered and we are on our way. Things wont happen overnight but they will happen.

I just have a different feeling going to the footy at the moment, a feeling I haven't had for too long. Win lose or draw I am going to have something to get excited and cheer about. We only have 2 points from the last 2 games but I have had a sore throat the next morning those 2 weeks. In the past I would not have.

We will do the saints Saturday, bet my ballz on it. :gotigers

Man I am really looking forward to the rest of this year. Bring on 2009 and beyond

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 11:01:34 PM »
The only thing I have ever been able to say at these games when they are heaping krap on us is 26 spoons 1 flag.
It shut them up though lol. 1 flag in over 100 years wannabees.

The media are doing their best to put them under the pump all week so there'll be no excuses if we win on their home turf. I hope we stick it up 'em. It'll be sweet as  :thumbsup.

Mind you there are still some who think St Kilda "will come good" like Gerard Healy tonight. Russell silenced him though by saying "we've been saying that for the past 8 years" lol.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 11:14:45 PM »
On SEN they were saying Gehrig is in contention because of his good record against us.
Do it please Saints, those days are over if Gehrig comes in Thursy will towell him.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 08:02:24 AM »
this is now a danger game, the saints have been belted from pillar to post in the media. typical in a week where they play us.

they will come out firing, so we have to kill any confidence they have by kiking a 10 goal to nothing 1st quarter

and while doint that, listen to sen and hear grany thomars try to explain that his  aints are still a better team lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »
the more i think about the saints the more i want to smash them.
a loss here is unnaceptable we should nail them to the wall this week.

i wouldn't rule out dud fiora playing this week either.

yep the g train and fiora in the side wouldnt surprise
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Snatch

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 01:55:53 PM »
This is one game i want to win big time.We haven't won against the Saints since Geez was a boy!
Nervous like you wouldn't believe.....Where's the Mylanta? :gotigers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 08:15:15 PM »
this is now a danger game, the saints have been belted from pillar to post in the media. typical in a week where they play us.

they will come out firing, so we have to kill any confidence they have by kiking a 10 goal to nothing 1st quarter

and while doint that, listen to sen and hear grany thomars try to explain that his  aints are still a better team lol
Another good test for us. It's alright to do well when the media have written you off but it'll be interesting to see how we respond now when the opposition is put under the pump. In the past we've been slow to react at the start of the game and just rolled over even to poor sides. Like you say X we need to hurt their confidence from the first bounce (10 goal to nothing 1st qtr might be a touch optmistic though lol).

As for Thomas, he's already said this is the first time in years he's been nervous about the Saints' chances before a Richmond game. He's never rated or respected us but mind you we've done nothing to change that. About time Saturday night we draw that proverbial line in the sand.