Author Topic: Wallace to coach to at least 2009: Gary March  (Read 3525 times)

Little Jackie

Re: Wallace to coach to at least 2009: Gary March
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »
I have been saying this for the last 2 years.

Some people ( Jack ) just dont want to listen  :banghead :banghead

Ummmmmmmmmm another quality post by an imbecile ::)
read the arctilce, March says as far as " he is concerned"" . maybe it mighten be his concern, ;) Just because we show a bit of form over the past 3 weeks, they go and "'spin doctor "' to the media.
Also March says things going pear shaped.  Last weeks game with only 34 inside 50,s  is hardly much  a huge improvement( we didnt win the game either I might remind a few here),Freo and Bulldogs yes.

hilarious jack

If its not his concern you muppet, whose it gunna be.....yours?  :ROTFL

Who is up for re election this year ?

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 06:30:21 PM »
There is a long way to go before Wallace gets a new contract.

Lets just see how we go this season before we start making any bold statements about extending his contract.

The last 3 weeks have been an improvement on last year, lets just see how the rest of the season goes please.

If we continue to improve then Wallace deserves to stay, if not then we need to access where we are at.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 06:34:09 PM »
I know there is a long way to go but hypothetically speaking, say we make finals this yr and next yr, i would think he would get a 3 yr renuel if that happened

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 06:41:40 PM »
I know there is a long way to go but hypothetically speaking, say we make finals this yr and next yr, i would think he would get a 3 yr renuel if that happened

Youre probably right, hypothetically speaking  ;D

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 06:50:04 PM »
A cynic could argue that it’s only taken into TW’s fourth season for any perceptible change to take place, yet TW’s suddenly a marvel.  Amazing that RFC has added resources to the footy department, but TW is getting all the credit for any form so far.

"The time's not been right," March said. "All I wanted Terry to do this year was focus on coaching the side and not worry about all the other crap and get on with what I reckon he's good at, which is tactics and strategies and looking to improve our game style."

As long as they recognise what his strengths are, and ensure support in other areas, especially player development, where he doesn’t seem so strong, then that’s something.

At this stage, I'm reserving my judgement until there’s something to get carried away about – something like consistent, sustained and sustainable improvement.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 07:50:06 PM »
You wouldn't expect or realistically hope that a side which is redeveloping would preform in the first few years of the process. In fact I would argue that TW first years success was detremental to the club but this was largely due to our senior players at the time fighting for their careers rather than our first year recruits performing.

TW asked for a 5 year contract because he knew it would at least take that long before the redeveloped list would begin to perform. This has as more to do with their age and stage of development than it does with TW coaching ability.

TW is a great game day coach, strategist and media manipulator. Building up talented personal to support him and 'fill in the gaps' is what every successful club does. It has just taken us this long to gain a strong administration, coach, support staff and now (fingers crossed) playing list.

Ever single part of the club needs to be working if we have any hope of succeeding.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 07:56:51 PM »
I'm not sure why March needed to say anything. No one was questioning Terry's position anymore after the past 3 weeks. Why bring it up with at least 38 games still left on Plough's contract  ???.

I can think of more important things to speak publicly about like why are we playing our home game against a Dome tenant at the Dome  ::) and why do we continue to have to put up with poor stadia deals when we average crowds of 50k and are responsible for Foxtel's highest ratings. Where's our fair share of the money pie?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 08:06:43 PM »
You wouldn't expect or realistically hope that a side which is redeveloping would preform in the first few years of the process. In fact I would argue that TW first years success was detremental to the club but this was largely due to our senior players at the time fighting for their careers rather than our first year recruits performing.

TW asked for a 5 year contract because he knew it would at least take that long before the redeveloped list would begin to perform. This has as more to do with their age and stage of development than it does with TW coaching ability.

TW is a great game day coach, strategist and media manipulator. Building up talented personal to support him and 'fill in the gaps' is what every successful club does. It has just taken us this long to gain a strong administration, coach, support staff and now (fingers crossed) playing list.

Ever single part of the club needs to be working if we have any hope of succeeding.

Stripes

i love the bit u say tw asked for a 5 year contract because he knew it would take that long.
absolute crap. he asked for that purely and simply for the money and security. i think he underestimated how bad this list is/was, hence why his comments last year about the rfc list being a "train wreck"

funny i never heard him call our list a train wreck when he took over......
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »

Stripes
i love the bit u say tw asked for a 5 year contract because he knew it would take that long.
absolute crap. he asked for that purely and simply for the money and security. i think he underestimated how bad this list is/was, hence why his comments last year about the rfc list being a "train wreck"

:sleep

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 08:13:03 PM »
I agree MT, March should have just put a sock in it and see what unfolded.
No need to back Wallace into 2009 at round 6 with only 2.5 wins on the board on the back of a wooden spoon.
We set our sights incredibly low at our football club IMO.

Wallace said it best last year. There are no guarantees about anything in professional football.
Yet it seems on the back of a handful of encouraging performances, March has basically given him one.
Very odd comments from the Prez.

Little Jackie

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 09:06:19 PM »
Facts are that we have had one win, a draw and a honourable loss in which we went inside 50 in a game 32 times, hardly huge inprovement.
But the spin doctoring out of punt road has continued.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 09:12:45 PM »

Stripes

Whether you believe it or not it was the reality. Who would even attempt to rebuild our club when we have the worst reputation in the league for 'eating our own' and sacking our coach at the first sign of failure.

As supporters, until recently (we at least most of us anyway  :P), we have been impatient and  demanded instant success or we have called for blood. No Richmond coach has dared to try and rebuild because they knew unless they claimed instant success they were gone. As such they traded away draft picks, recruited reharshed players and played senior players over youth and who could blame them. With a short contract if they attempted to rebuild or play the youth, they were never going to see the rewards.

TW was an experienced coach. He knew the culture he was potentially placing himself at the mercy of, was volatile and if he was going to rebuild and possibly see any benefits from it, then he was going to need an extended contract.

We forget that TW was a much sought after coach at the time becuase everyone in the the Football world knows he can coach. He can not (as my Dad would say) 'make strawberry jam out of horse manure' and has had to work and wait for his young list to develop. We are now only just seeing the start of this development.

So when I say TW asked for a longer contract because he knew the redevelopment process would take a long time I am speaking with evidence. Did he also ask for a long contract for extra security and money - of course but that goes hand in hand with the risk and threat to his reputation.

Let TW see out his contract and then judge becasue at the very least he has given us potential for sustained success and that is more than we have had at this ship-wreck of a club for generations.

Stripes

Moi

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 09:23:56 PM »
And the negativity still continues here
First time in a couple of years there's something to feel positive about and this is all you can do?
Just so you can prove some miserable point that even if you were correct no-one will thank you for.
The club is moving on despite you, Jack  :thumbsup
Wallow in your misery!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »
will he wont he, just concentrate on winning the damn football matches, sorry March should have zipped the lips.

as for the other controversy  you'll hit the dart board soon. :shh

Little Jackie

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 10:19:21 PM »
And the negativity still continues here
First time in a couple of years there's something to feel positive about and this is all you can do?
Just so you can prove some miserable point that even if you were correct no-one will thank you for.
The club is moving on despite you, Jack  :thumbsup
Wallow in your misery!

You must be kidding. something positive, do tell, ?
Going inside F 50 32 times last weeks is hardly positive,
We have a long long way to go if yo havent noticed.
I am amazed that March has opened his mouth.