Author Topic: Wallace to coach to at least 2009: Gary March  (Read 3524 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Wallace to coach to at least 2009: Gary March
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »
You must be kidding. something positive, do tell, ?
Going inside F 50 32 times last weeks is hardly positive,
We have a long long way to go if yo havent noticed.
I am amazed that March has opened his mouth.

:banghead :banghead

I can see it ....

Nah in the last 3 weeks there's been nothing positive

We've played crapped, got belted and we are a basket case

There's nothin absolutely nuffin

Please give me a break

Seriously  ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 11:24:40 PM »
Some say spin doctoring, I say good PR - HTF are we supposed to build the membership base if we are showing positive signs on the field but say nothing.

C'mon Jack ur smarter than that  :wallywink

At he end of the day so far it is still only 2.5 wins, so work still to do ....

Said from the start Wallace had to have his 5 years, god knows he needed it, after the Collingwood game if we continued in that vein I was just about to swing  :shh

So many false dawns, but I just see something different this time around. :gotigers

Little Jackie

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 05:17:06 AM »
You must be kidding. something positive, do tell, ?
Going inside F 50 32 times last weeks is hardly positive,
We have a long long way to go if yo havent noticed.
I am amazed that March has opened his mouth.

:banghead :banghead

I can see it ....

Nah in the last 3 weeks there's been nothing positive

We've played crapped, got belted and we are a basket case

There's nothin absolutely nuffin

Please give me a break

Seriously  ::)

I will be brutually honest here.
If its wasnt for a handful of players, nothing has changed.
We have seen the following improvement.   King,Tambling, Morton, Foley, Richardson. Johnson, -these players have been fantastic with there efforts.
Have seen no improvment out of Lids, Polak ::) Newman,Hyde,Tuck,Pattison
Players who have gone backwards, Jackson, Bowden , Pettifer, Tivendale, Connors,JON,Hughes,

Thats the thing with the RFC and supporters, win a game, get a draw,have an honourable loss( scoreboard wise) and everything is looking good. ::)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 05:52:06 AM »
Do an analysis of anyones list bar the cats and hawks atm and you will probably come up with the same type of thing.
Just look at the eagles a couple of players gone and what happens BAM.
Never said we have turned the corner yet but there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel after the collingwood effort.
Just hope 'and don't think' it is a train .....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 05:35:29 PM »
I will be brutually honest here.
If its wasnt for a handful of players, nothing has changed.
We have seen the following improvement.   King,Tambling, Morton, Foley, Richardson. Johnson, -these players have been fantastic with there efforts.
Have seen no improvment out of Lids, Polak ::) Newman,Hyde,Tuck,Pattison
Players who have gone backwards, Jackson, Bowden , Pettifer, Tivendale, Connors,JON,Hughes,

Thats the thing with the RFC and supporters, win a game, get a draw,have an honourable loss( scoreboard wise) and everything is looking good. ::)
No one is saying we are anywhere near good yet  ::). There's still a long way to go but there's been a complete turnaround in attitude and application over past 3 weeks and it has been consistent irrespective of the score and (superior) class of the opponent. You can't argue with that.

How has Connors gone backwards? A bit hard to perform at your best with no preseason behind you  ::).

Jack you criticize supporters yet you've overrated above a number of players by saying they have either gone backwards or shown no improvement.

Bowden is 30 and lost a yard of pace. He's on the downside of his career.
Tivs is Tivs and ageing also and was limited as a footballer anyway.
Petts - the game has changed and Petts as a non-defensive type didn't/can't adapt.
Hyde is a limited footballer.
Tuck is a limited footballer although he's getting the best out of himself under Wallace. Spud wouldn't play him.
I'm not sure how JON has gone backwards as we didn't think much of him as a footballer to begin with  :wallywink.

Seriously Jack, supporters are just more confident they can go to games now and see the side which is still mostly young and inexperienced give a contest. I would add Thursty, Moore and even possibly Jack as improvers too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 11:41:46 PM »
I will be brutally honest...

things are getting better.... are they right yet no but to think we can

In the last 3 weeks there have been improvements - there is still a helluva long way to go. But the fact that we stayed in the game last week against the Hawks for me showed improvement because kept fighting rather dropping heads and getting belted.

I don't think it would matter if we were 6-0 some people wouldn't be happy because it is easier not to be and serves a purpose to them and thats is to be critical. And that is being brutally honest
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 07:11:02 AM »
I don't think it would matter if we were 6-0 some people wouldn't be happy because it is easier not to be and serves a purpose to them and thats is to be critical. And that is being brutally honest
And exactly right!  :thumbsup

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2008, 07:20:16 AM »
the only reason we did not get more inside 50's v the hawks was because we struggled at first to work through their game plan, the now famous clrakos cluster.

but terry did tweek things on game day and the facts are, we didnt get inside 5o as often as we would like but every time we did, we looked damaging and scored. our inside 50 efficiency was better than the hawks, soi we must give some credit to our fwd coaches and structures.

if we beat the saints , and put in a good competive effort v the cats (regardless the result) we will make the 8 full stop.

our list is good enough  and finally starting to gel

jack has said some players have not improved this yr, well in that case the cats are doomed as mostof their players have dropped on last yrs form lol

but players like lids will come good, its a matter of time and when he does , watch out. all he has to do is take the game on and believe in himself