Author Topic: Loss Isnt Bad...Its how it had to be!  (Read 6558 times)

PuntRdRoar

Loss Isnt Bad...Its how it had to be!
« on: August 22, 2004, 05:18:44 PM »
I know people wanted us to win today...but imho todays result was in the best long term interests of the RFC. We now have atleast 2 of the top 5 picks and maybe 2 of the top 4 depending on how things go! I know people dont want the spoon...but again its in our interests next week to get pumped by 120 points .... not because of the national draft but just to give Greg Miller the opportunity of getting a gun player in the PSD. In the end, i think this will be worth it. We can look forward to 2005 with some new hope...and the knowledge that come national draft time...we will take two of the outstanding youngsters in the nation! :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Loss Isnt Bad...Its how it had to be!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 05:45:51 PM »
This will be our third spoon in 17 years and our worst losing streak in one season. That's a disgrace and should never be tolerated. We now have more spoons that the dogs  :o

Not having a go at you TigersRoar and I know where you coming from and history may show you to be absolutely correct but I don't see much difference between picks 1 & 4 and picks 2 & 5. One pick ahead provides no guarantees. Hodge, Goddard, Fraser, Riewoldt were first picks while Judd, Wells, Koschitzke, Ball were 2nd picks.

Just heard if the Hawks lose by 4 goals more than us next week then they can still get the spoon. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 05:57:53 PM »
I agree MT - how any true Richmond supporter can get a positive out of a wooden spoon beats me.  :(

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 06:10:42 PM »
This is the best thing that could have happened to us for no other reason than that it reveals the truth: we are the worst team in the competition.

We have finally hit rock bottom.

froars

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2004, 06:11:42 PM »
Yep, i'm ecstatic about it John lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 06:20:03 PM »
I think we already knew we were crap before 2.10pm today  :-\.

Richmond under Frawley and the Australian male soccer team - the two worst and softest sporting teams I have ever seen.

We need to get rid of this sickening "I can't give a stuff" culture. Feel sorry for the minority in our side that do bust their guts out yet for no reward because of their mentally soft teammates.   

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 07:19:13 PM »
If that doesn't hurt, then I don't know what to say... :banghead
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

2JD

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 08:02:12 PM »
this was truly rock bottom even viewed through a few chardys in a corporate box. What got into Ty, I have never seen anger like that on a footy field, and it was pure lose control anger, what has the smart arse shotgun done to make him and the others so angry? A few of our players saw fit to give him a shove on the way past, Campbell being one of them. I mean I know the guys a wanker but to make so many so angry??? And what the ??? with the hairdos of the hawks? Is Crawford so high profile that some of the others have to go the mohawk or the mad max reject desert rat to get a little attention, and then to get beaten by the show ponies!!!! :banghead

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 08:14:52 PM »
LMFAOOOOO@Ty Zantuck trying to show his masculinity by taking on shotgun Williams. At least pick on some one your own size Ty. Fancy getting reported over a useless wimp like Williams.

froars

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2004, 08:21:39 PM »
It was like he was shaking a gollywog lol
I actually enjoyed seeing him go psycho - amusing.  How many weeks you reckon?

2JD

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2004, 08:24:30 PM »
got no problem with the size issue, little people can be the biggest smart alecs, ala libba, just because they small doesnt mean they can get get away with it. Perhaps Ty could be a little more "subtle" next time :P
I also had absolutely NO problem with him showing his masculinity, none at all lol. i reckon maybe 3 weeks

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2004, 08:34:27 PM »
Getting agitated by a hack like Williams is just plain sad. But then, Ty's a hack himself so he probably saw it as a fitting challenge.

Will get 1-2 weeks max if past incidents of jumper punching are anything to go by.

2JD

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2004, 08:42:20 PM »
He's not a hack

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2004, 09:01:15 PM »
Not justifying his actions but I'd reckon it was a couple of dodgy umpiring decisions in Hawthorn's forward line that resulted in goals that got to Ty. A couple of Hawks were play-acting for frees and the umpires got sucked in.

Sam on MMM was going off at the umpiring and blamed them for inflaming the niggles in the game. He wanted a royal commission into the standard of umpiring. 

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2004, 09:54:15 PM »
the reason why these losses are good is not only the draft but the fact that wallace has seen how much crap he has to get rid off...in past seasons players have played 2 or 3 good games near the end of the year and survived the cut...now the truth has been well and truly revealed. for me another massive pumping of the team should occur...and when we finish last...miller should find out who is the best uncontracted player and push him into the draft...finally i can see light at the end of the punt rd tunnel!

and ps...danny frawley...only you could have managed this so brilliantly...to lose 14 straight and get us the early picks...take a  :bow mr frawley :scream