Author Topic: Should one of our rookies be now promoted?  (Read 4892 times)

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Should one of our rookies be now promoted?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 06:56:59 AM »
Ooh did you sat patto is struggling??

according to some on here he is doing a marvellous job and simmo doesn't need to be rested.

some of you on here, MCMLXV and smokey stripes included, need to get your patto goggles off and see the real picture and that is we are getting smashed out of the centre with tapouts going directly to the oppostion.

This just proves what an idiot you are.

Show me where I have even mentioned Patto in my posts.

:wallywink

in my short time on here, i find i get miss quoted a fair bit. says plenty about the intelligence of many posters on here
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 06:59:28 AM »

according to some on here he is doing a marvellous job and simmo doesn't need to be rested.

some of you on here, MCMLXV and smokey stripes included, need to get your patto goggles off and see the real picture and that is we are getting smashed out of the centre with tapouts going directly to the oppostion.

in my short time on here, i find i get miss quoted a fair bit. says plenty about the intelligence of many posters on here

Pure deflection.

Is that you Terry?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 07:43:41 AM »

some of you on here, MCMLXV and smokey stripes included, need to get your patto goggles off and see the real picture

Reread my post.  (Gee, I seem to have to say that an awful lot to you).

I said that Patto was our best option at the moment.  We had no big man injured for Cartledge to be promoted, Graham was nowhere near ready, and Patto was 'fairly' competitive as a 2nd ruck.

Fast forward to today - Polak is injured so Cartledge can be promoted, Graham has started to show improvement, and Patto is still 'fairly' competitive.  Now we have options.

I think promoting Cartledge for Polak will be the best idea - it will unbalance our structure to replace him with a mid/small.  I would also play him in the seniors for a couple of weeks for a few reasons and possible benefits - he gets a chance to show if he is worth a spot on the list going forward, Graham gets a chance to step up to #1 at Coburg with all the learning and responsibility that goes with it, and Patto gets a chance to go back and play 4 full quarters in other roles (KPP) that will benefit his development - remember, he is only the same age as Lids, Tambling etc.  I think Graham still needs a few weeks of time and improvement at Coburg before he will be anywhere near ready.

So how about you take your Smokey goggles off and actually read what I post instead of going off half-cocked like usual. 

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 08:56:39 AM »
We don't need a big slow full back with Moore & Thursfield holding down the fort plus McGuane on his way back
Howat is a known quantity and probably the least accountable player on our list
Collard has plenty of time to make it and can be rookied for another year
Cartledge has 7 rounds to prove himself as he can't be rookied next year. Give the bloke a go and see what he's got.

Bang - On the money.

Particularly because Angus Graham is still an unknown / unproven quantity, and the Warnock trade rumours are very, very strong out West Joondalup way.

warnock will end up at the demons.
and munday may end up a tiger.
silvester will most likely be elevated,we already have a ruckman in graham who needs game time.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 09:05:13 AM »
We don't need a big slow full back with Moore & Thursfield holding down the fort plus McGuane on his way back
Cartledge has 7 rounds to prove himself as he can't be rookied next year. Give the bloke a go and see what he's got.

Bang - On the money.

Particularly because Angus Graham is still an unknown / unproven quantity, and the Warnock trade rumours are very, very strong out West Joondalup way.

silvester will most likely be elevated,we already have a ruckman in graham who needs game time.

Are you foreel dereel?? You already know for certain that Warnock is going to the Demons this far out?? Are you his manager or something?? Drawing a pretty long bow there with that prediciton if you ask me.

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 09:11:27 AM »

Bang - On the money.

Are you foreel dereel?? You already know for certain that Warnock is going to the Demons this far out?? Are you his manager or something?? Drawing a pretty long bow there with that prediciton if you ask me.

the demons are in a better position draft wise than we are.
and of course he would want to play footy with his brother,that would be his preference before richmond.
munday fits into our team alot better,and hes a proven player .

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 09:44:36 AM »
Why on earth would we elevate Silvester and trade for Munday?
No on both counts please

Warnock could very easily want to come to Richmond as he know he'd not be far off the #1 ruck spot and being in the same city as his brother would likely be enough

Offline dereel-tiger

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 09:58:54 AM »
Why on earth would we elevate Silvester and trade for Munday?
No on both counts please

Warnock could very easily want to come to Richmond as he know he'd not be far off the #1 ruck spot and being in the same city as his brother would likely be enough

for one we already have a ruckman in graham,so if we elevate cartledge we might as well tell graham his career at richmonds over.and graham has been alright lately.
collards not ready yet for elevation and howat we dont really need.
as the tigers have a need for more height or kp type players why not try out silvester.
btw infamy have you ever been to any coburg games or are you a armchair expert.
as for munday,l guess you will just have to wait and see what happens trade week.

Offline wilba

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2008, 10:06:57 AM »
just wandering with rookies if another club wants them are they allowed to go?

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2008, 11:53:03 AM »
I have the feeling that Warnock will be a Tiger. Greg seems to be very good at enticing Freo players to Tigerland but the dreaded 4 year contract may be offered to do so.  3rd round draft pick to Freo plus one or both of Pettifer or JON. 

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2008, 11:56:03 AM »
I have the feeling that Warnock will be a Tiger. Greg seems to be very good at enticing Freo players to Tigerland but the dreaded 4 year contract may be offered to do so.  3rd round draft pick to Freo plus one or both of Pettifer or JON. 

I could live with that, would prefer Pettifer to go.

I just get the feeling that after all the backlash Freo get over taking on older players, they might have a big cull and start a youth policy.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

richmondrules

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 12:10:30 PM »

Pure deflection.

Is that you Terry?

I think shannon was sympathising with you. Or did you think it was daniel161 who replied?  :-\

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 12:32:25 PM »

some of you on here, MCMLXV and smokey stripes included, need to get your patto goggles off and see the real picture

Reread my post.  (Gee, I seem to have to say that an awful lot to you).

I said that Patto was our best option at the moment.  We had no big man injured for Cartledge to be promoted, Graham was nowhere near ready, and Patto was 'fairly' competitive as a 2nd ruck.

Fast forward to today - Polak is injured so Cartledge can be promoted, Graham has started to show improvement, and Patto is still 'fairly' competitive.  Now we have options.

I think promoting Cartledge for Polak will be the best idea - it will unbalance our structure to replace him with a mid/small.  I would also play him in the seniors for a couple of weeks for a few reasons and possible benefits - he gets a chance to show if he is worth a spot on the list going forward, Graham gets a chance to step up to #1 at Coburg with all the learning and responsibility that goes with it, and Patto gets a chance to go back and play 4 full quarters in other roles (KPP) that will benefit his development - remember, he is only the same age as Lids, Tambling etc.  I think Graham still needs a few weeks of time and improvement at Coburg before he will be anywhere near ready.

So how about you take your Smokey goggles off and actually read what I post instead of going off half-cocked like usual. 

no need to read your posts dawson, my understanding is that you are more than happy with patto and simmo running himself into the ground and now all of a sudden you have changed your tune.

understand this. Patto is a very average footballer. FACT. Simmo needs to be rested. FACT.

we should have made this call a long long time ago but no not at punt road.

we continue to run players into the ground. (eg richo) and this is just another example of mismanagement
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »
I voted for Cartlidge as I do agree that Patto is not doing so well. To me (I have said this before) Patto is a footballer without a position to play and untill we find or teach him that postion he will stuggle.

I would be a little concerned the signals it sends to young Angus is we promote a Rookie in his position to play seniors ahead of him.

From what I have read Jarrod Silvester has been doing a good job down back for Coburg and would realy be the only other option for promotion. Do we need a bigger body down back ? Who have we got comming up that would be good match up for him ?  Do we need to give him a go at this level to see if he would make it ?  These are questions that should be asked too.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »
for one we already have a ruckman in graham,so if we elevate cartledge we might as well tell graham his career at richmonds over.and graham has been alright lately.
collards not ready yet for elevation and howat we dont really need.
as the tigers have a need for more height or kp type players why not try out silvester.
btw infamy have you ever been to any coburg games or are you a armchair expert.
as for munday,l guess you will just have to wait and see what happens trade week.
Graham is a young developing ruckman and Cartledge has another 2-3 years of age on him. He's played at AFL level before so he can step in and carry a significant workload. Angus could offer us nothing more than a minor support role at this stage and would offer far less around the ground. Cartledge can only be on our list for another 7 rounds, either we elevate him or cut him. Graham is already on the senior list and will likely be given another year to show his wares after recovering from his broken ankle this year. In a nutshell, Cartledge's time is running out far quicker than Graham's so he should be given the opportunity to prove himself. Most side have around 4-5 rucks their list so theres room for both if they are both up to it, but it'd be pretty harsh to cut a bloke without giving them a chance, especially when they were a reasonably promising junior.

As for Mundy, we already have Thursfield, Moore, McGuane & Rance as the tall-medium sized defenders. Mundy is slow but runs hard and has good disposal. Sorry but I can't see him filling a need, we already have plenty of his type, if we trade for him it will be just like the McMahon trade, giving up a good pick for a player who we already have plenty of his type. Warnock fills a need, Mundy doesn't.