Author Topic: SEN mail: Huge name will be signed up off-field at Richmond for 2009  (Read 14450 times)

jackstar

Re: SEN mail: Huge name will be signed up off-field at Richmond for 2009
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2008, 09:20:15 PM »
Although Caro on Saturday said Gossage was talking crap, Robbo on SEN is saying Gossage obviously knew and he was right when he said the person didn't know it was coming. He also said this might be unfair but he knows March is good friends with Gossage.

Robbo said Sheedy can't run a footy department. He's a coach. He certainly won't be at Richmond as footy manager.

Listening to Robbo is like listening to some guy in a pub who knows exactly as much as you do. Gossage clearly said that the news was about an addition to the club, not a simple sacking. SEN are spinning it as if what Gossage has been saying has come to fruition when it clearly hasn't.

Robbo became very blustering when discussing Miller and among many thing he got wrong was demanding that the club lists the skills that Miller was lacking - as if any organisation would dump on somebody like that. He also ignored the bleeding obvious that if Miller wasn't up to the job he couldn't be replaced while he was on the board.

Putting him on the board was the fault of the members who voted for him.

The only thing RFC got wrong was some hero leaking the information - they have every right to make the decision now.
They had no right to do it now. The footy team comes first before everything else and for our own president to create off-field drama just when the team has a chance to make the finals and is on a winning streak is sheer stupidity and incompetence. It's a disgrace :banghead. Miller left the board 2 months ago so they had their chance then to sack him midseason when the team had just 3.5 wins after round 12 if it was only his board position stopping them. Nah they pick a board meeting after the team had just won 4 games from 5 and with a crucial game against Brisbane coming up to do it. Seriously how moronic can you get! Were March and co. still that naive that something like this wouldn't leak after seeing what happened to Sheedy last year at Essendon. I agree with Robbo on this instance - we are once again a laughing stock. 

Dont know why your upset MT, been telling you for ages what a laughing stock we are.
He had to get the chop . Lucky we have been winning, as someone else was out he door as well ;)

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2008, 03:33:46 PM »
How close were Gaspa and Freezer ?

Darren Gaspar

Financial Adviser

Darren graduated with a Bachelor of Business degree from the Australian Catholic University Melbourne majoring in Marketing and Management in 1997. Upon completion he worked with the high profile advertising agency M & C Saatchi, Melbourne before entering the finance industry.

After a stint at Goldamn Sachs JB Were Melbourne he then moved to the Melbourne Based Funds Manager, Portfolio Partners. 

Darren worked closely with the funds managers/analysts in the daily tasks of stock selection and company valuation. Whilst working with Portfolio Partners he successfully completed the Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment with the Securities Institute.

In 2007 he completed the Graduate Diploma of Financial Planning from Finsia. Concurrently Darren spent fourteen years as a professional sportsperson in the AFL with Sydney and Richmond Football Clubs.

He brings a wealth of investment and analytical experience to Concentric Wealth Management.

http://www.concentricgroup.com.au/profiles.html

Would that "Rock the Football World ?"

>:( :gobdrop :banghead :chuck

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2008, 08:35:33 PM »

Surely Buckley was the name.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2008, 11:13:12 PM »
Although Caro on Saturday said Gossage was talking crap, Robbo on SEN is saying Gossage obviously knew and he was right when he said the person didn't know it was coming. He also said this might be unfair but he knows March is good friends with Gossage.

Robbo said Sheedy can't run a footy department. He's a coach. He certainly won't be at Richmond as footy manager.

Listening to Robbo is like listening to some guy in a pub who knows exactly as much as you do. Gossage clearly said that the news was about an addition to the club, not a simple sacking. SEN are spinning it as if what Gossage has been saying has come to fruition when it clearly hasn't.

Robbo became very blustering when discussing Miller and among many thing he got wrong was demanding that the club lists the skills that Miller was lacking - as if any organisation would dump on somebody like that. He also ignored the bleeding obvious that if Miller wasn't up to the job he couldn't be replaced while he was on the board.

Putting him on the board was the fault of the members who voted for him.

The only thing RFC got wrong was some hero leaking the information - they have every right to make the decision now.
They had no right to do it now. The footy team comes first before everything else and for our own president to create off-field drama just when the team has a chance to make the finals and is on a winning streak is sheer stupidity and incompetence. It's a disgrace :banghead. Miller left the board 2 months ago so they had their chance then to sack him midseason when the team had just 3.5 wins after round 12 if it was only his board position stopping them. Nah they pick a board meeting after the team had just won 4 games from 5 and with a crucial game against Brisbane coming up to do it. Seriously how moronic can you get! Were March and co. still that naive that something like this wouldn't leak after seeing what happened to Sheedy last year at Essendon. I agree with Robbo on this instance - we are once again a laughing stock. 

Dont know why your upset MT, been telling you for ages what a laughing stock we are.
He had to get the chop . Lucky we have been winning, as someone else was out he door as well ;)
As I said before Jack I don't have a problem with the actual decision as it's been on the cards since Miller stepped down/pushed off the board. I wouldn't have a problem if we brought in a new assistant coach or two. Nothing's wrong with change if it's done properly and it improves the team. It's the timing of the decision which makes us a laughing stock. March and the board putting themselves before the team. For March's sake thankfully the team still won on Saturday night.

Wallace was always going to coach in 2009. It's no luck we are winning either. No one we've played in the past 6 weeks was better (class-wise) than us. Had our chances to beat Carlton if we/Browny had kicked straight in the first half but bad kicking is bad footy. Joel showed on the weekend nailing those gettable goals  :thumbsup makes all the difference when two sides are fairly even. A massive step up in class this week though even with Geelong's outs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2008, 11:18:22 PM »
How close were Gaspa and Freezer ?
Would that "Rock the Football World ?"

>:( :gobdrop :banghead :chuck
They were only at Richmond together in 96. That year Freezer played just one game. His comeback from the knee failed  :(.

Only a massive name like a Hird or Buckley as y&b said would rock the footy world. Voss would've been as well huge news if he hadn't already decided on the Eagles over the Gold Coast.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
Well Gossage was right about one thing - a story involving Richmond did "rock the football world" and those involved were unaware it was going to happen when he said it mid-year lol.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »
Neil Balme was the man ...oh well, interstingly sheeds wanted him at essendon a couple of years ago before he went onto geelong ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
Balmey signing a new 2-year deal with Geelong mid-year ended any chance of him coming back to Tigerland.