Author Topic: SEN mail: Huge name will be signed up off-field at Richmond for 2009  (Read 14542 times)

jackstar

Re: SEN mail: Huge name will be signed up off-field at Richmond for 2009
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2008, 04:54:24 PM »
As Dennis Cometti would say "We are making the ridiculous seem important." :lol This thread has the potential to become modern art masterpiece and should be treated accordingly by being locked in an airtight darkened room and only allowed to see the light of day when someone has something relevant and important to say.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2008, 07:52:03 AM »
Sorry jackstar, but it says you need excellent people skills
Clearly you are lacking

:lol Little do you know ;)

so you have a similar role in a company that turns over $60 million.

Considering your version of the truth is always screwed to say the least, I would say that would be consistent with all your past claims and assertions and predictions. ;)

Ramps

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2008, 10:02:02 AM »
I dont think this is as big as gossage made out, i believe its the acquisition of an assistant coach or changing the coach scenario

either scenario isnt something that would rock the afl especially if its only getting a new assistant coach.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2008, 06:07:09 PM »
I dont think this is as big as gossage made out, i believe its the acquisition of an assistant coach or changing the coach scenario

either scenario isnt something that would rock the afl especially if its only getting a new assistant coach.
Unless the assistant coach was going to be Ben Cousins.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2008, 03:55:11 AM »
If Gossage was alluding to the rumour/article about Miller and a couple assistant coaches potentially getting the flick, that's still hardly news to rock the footy world.

jackstar

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2008, 08:50:30 AM »
My mail is this.
If Tim Gossage broke this story, it wont have any credibility , unless Peter Sumich is involved.
As it is common knowledge the only friend in the world he has is Peter,, so there could be the answer,
Can safely say that none of the media outlets have any idea about this, usually there is a leak or a sighting of someone having a coffee with someone that they shouldnt be having a coffee with :lol, but not in this instantance

Mail says Peter Sumich ??

Ox

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2008, 08:51:46 AM »
why is he a huge name - LMAOOOOOO

As if.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2008, 01:32:12 PM »
Agree with Ox. Sumich is hardly a big name. Only Worsfold getting the sack at the Eagles and then joining the Richmond coaching staff would be big news. I can't see that happening as Worsfold and the Eagles want to finish down the bottom to get their hands on Rich.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2008, 01:30:17 PM »
Although Caro on Saturday said Gossage was talking crap, Robbo on SEN is saying Gossage obviously knew and he was right when he said the person didn't know it was coming. He also said this might be unfair but he knows March is good friends with Gossage.

Robbo said Sheedy can't run a footy department. He's a coach. He certainly won't be at Richmond as footy manager.

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2008, 04:15:34 PM »
Although Caro on Saturday said Gossage was talking crap, Robbo on SEN is saying Gossage obviously knew and he was right when he said the person didn't know it was coming. He also said this might be unfair but he knows March is good friends with Gossage.

Robbo said Sheedy can't run a footy department. He's a coach. He certainly won't be at Richmond as footy manager.

Listening to Robbo is like listening to some guy in a pub who knows exactly as much as you do. Gossage clearly said that the news was about an addition to the club, not a simple sacking. SEN are spinning it as if what Gossage has been saying has come to fruition when it clearly hasn't.

Robbo became very blustering when discussing Miller and among many thing he got wrong was demanding that the club lists the skills that Miller was lacking - as if any organisation would dump on somebody like that. He also ignored the bleeding obvious that if Miller wasn't up to the job he couldn't be replaced while he was on the board.

Putting him on the board was the fault of the members who voted for him.

The only thing RFC got wrong was some hero leaking the information - they have every right to make the decision now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2008, 05:36:11 PM »

Listening to Robbo is like listening to some guy in a pub who knows exactly as much as you do. Gossage clearly said that the news was about an addition to the club, not a simple sacking. SEN are spinning it as if what Gossage has been saying has come to fruition when it clearly hasn't.

Robbo became very blustering when discussing Miller and among many thing he got wrong was demanding that the club lists the skills that Miller was lacking - as if any organisation would dump on somebody like that. He also ignored the bleeding obvious that if Miller wasn't up to the job he couldn't be replaced while he was on the board.

The only thing RFC got wrong was some hero leaking the information - they have every right to make the decision now.
They had no right to do it now. The footy team comes first before everything else and for our own president to create off-field drama just when the team has a chance to make the finals and is on a winning streak is sheer stupidity and incompetence. It's a disgrace :banghead. Miller left the board 2 months ago so they had their chance then to sack him midseason when the team had just 3.5 wins after round 12 if it was only his board position stopping them. Nah they pick a board meeting after the team had just won 4 games from 5 and with a crucial game against Brisbane coming up to do it. Seriously how moronic can you get! Were March and co. still that naive that something like this wouldn't leak after seeing what happened to Sheedy last year at Essendon. I agree with Robbo on this instance - we are once again a laughing stock. 

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2008, 07:25:21 PM »

They had no right to do it now. The footy team comes first before everything else and for our own president to create off-field drama just when the team has a chance to make the finals and is on a winning streak is sheer stupidity and incompetence. It's a disgrace :banghead. Miller left the board 2 months ago so they had their chance then to sack him midseason when the team had just 3.5 wins after round 12 if it was only his board position stopping them. Nah they pick a board meeting after the team had just won 4 games from 5 and with a crucial game against Brisbane coming up to do it. Seriously how moronic can you get! Were March and co. still that naive that something like this wouldn't leak after seeing what happened to Sheedy last year at Essendon. I agree with Robbo on this instance - we are once again a laughing stock. 

a bit sensitive there mt

just would like to know why do u say they has NO RIGHT TO DO IT NOW.  Just a little curious as to why and how you know more than march and the board when the right time is.

march is correct about what he did, and who cares if it leaked, we are talking about miller here. he is a nobody . he is not a fav son of ours, he is not a dyer, bartlett, hart, .... for christs sake, its just miller. when we sack players like gaspar, chubba, etc , less noise is made byut the medis and idiot supporters who think they know it all.

we all knew that wallce and miller had a argy bargy after the geelong thumping last year. march from what i am aware of , took wallaces side and way back then basically told miller to pull his head in and lift his game. this has not happened over night, as march said, its been on the cards for ages.

we dont and will never really know how much miller was screwing up. maybe he was chasing players and willing to trade for these players that the club were not in fav of, we will never know, but he has interests in other nth melb, and has a finger in their pie and ours.

i cant believe the amount of love and respect some supporters have for miller because they believed his bs and spin.  and how many time shas miller offended us supporters in the media in the past with his spin

thank god he is gone

so if you can they had no right to sack him now

i then can say THEY HAD EVERY RIGHT TO SACK HIM NOW!

DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »
just would like to know why do u say they has NO RIGHT TO DO IT NOW.  Just a little curious as to why and how you know more than march and the board when the right time is.

Question - what is the most important thing happening at Richmond right now?

One would hope that it is challenging for a place in the 8, which whether people want to face it or not is where the RFC finds itself. On Saturday night our only focus should have been the game and our finals chances, it should still be our only focus but it isn't.

As I said this "decision" whether it is right or wrong is not the issue to me it is the botched way has been handled took that focus away from the biggest game of our season so far and that's wrong.

We witnessed a great win on Saturday and are people talking about it?

Nope they are talking about something that could have waited until the end of the season, or at least if it was handled in a more decent manner should have not hit the press until after the season...

march is correct about what he did, and who cares if it leaked, we are talking about miller here. he is a nobody . he is not a fav son of ours, he is not a dyer, bartlett, hart, .... for christs sake, its just miller. when we sack players like gaspar, chubba, etc , less noise is made byut the medis and idiot supporters who think they know it all.

We should care it was leaked .... it's digraceful. Forget the personalities involved, there are right and wrong ways of doing things and conduct yourself through the media via "leaks" aint the way to run a business

we all knew that wallce and miller had a argy bargy after the geelong thumping last year. march from what i am aware of , took wallaces side and way back then basically told miller to pull his head in and lift his game. this has not happened over night, as march said, its been on the cards for ages.

::) ::)

"We all knew" did we... who told you that? Another rumour that was just that a rumour...

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »

Question - what is the most important thing happening at Richmond right now?

Sorry W-Pee but the most important thing is setting us for the next flag.

A close second is ensuring the club stays in business so my grandchildren (yet to come) can follow the tradition of being mad passionate supporters of one of the greatest football clubs in the world.

:gotigers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2008, 09:14:12 PM »

Sorry W-Pee but the most important thing is setting us for the next flag.

A close second is ensuring the club stays in business so my grandchildren (yet to come) can follow the tradition of being mad passionate supporters of one of the greatest football clubs in the world.

:gotigers

Yeah and making the finals and giving our kids a taste of finals footy would certainly be a great stepping stone for that next flag
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)