Author Topic: Thank god that's over  (Read 1663 times)

froars

Thank god that's over
« on: August 28, 2004, 08:27:10 PM »
Never so glad to see the end of a footy season – the season from hell.

But forgetting the game, was great to catch up with a few more OERers today and great to meet for the first time 2JD and kids, and Bully.  Really terrific to get to know the people on the other side of a nick and have a good old bitch about the state of affairs of this club and other things  ;)

The day started off good with a luncheon and a few reds with Sir Ronald and Jackstar, both charming the pants :P off my good self, my daughter and her friend.  Did I contain myself Ronnie lol?  :P

And then the footy which was the most ordinary game I’ve seen in a while for a long time from both sides.  Great to see the end of some careers at this club – including the coach.  Just looking forward to seeing a new group of players next year and seeing Wallace make this group of girls into something that will see us winning a flag in a few years time.

Rainesy and Cogs came back to the social club for an interview and chat, and that was a nice perv… errr, listening to these kids who are our future.  Rainesy is as good looking as his dad – hope he plays like him as well.  Exciting times ahead.

Disappointing that, as usual, Casey decided not to show.  Would have been a good opportunity to say something to the supporters, but that’s never going to happen with him.  Hmmm, one of my beefs with him is how he’s been so quiet when the poo has hit the fan.  Miller was there and Rob Turner, so that was something.  The club has to lift it’s game in this regard in the future and I will be putting pen to paper to whoever is in charge next year to make sure there is more club representation back at the club after a game.

Too tired to kick on, so I left Jackstar hobnobbing with the who’s who of the RFC.  I hope to get some good PMs in the coming weeks.  He’s a movie star  :bow Jackstar lol – knows everyone.  Just a shame he’s such a lousy gambler who loves to share his stupid tips lol. 

And then to top off a nice off-field day, I run into Jimmy Malone playing kick to kick in the car park.  I luv Jimmy – one of the nicest people ever to be at our club.  He came over from Perth to see the Tiges play.  Good on ya Jimmy, great to see you still luv the Tiges. 

Bring on 2005 quick so we can all catch up again.  Will keep on working on some others to meet up with us next year – that’s if we’re all still talking lol.  Ya just never know hahaha!  Pretty feisty lot we are, but that’s what makes them special to me – never a dull moment.  And thanks for the phone call “you know who” lol in the middle of the 2nd quarter to tell me what a great day it was – dickkhead lol.  Onya Aka lol

2JD

Re: Thank god that's over
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 03:05:39 PM »
ditto to "thank god its over" froars, altho i had a good day, it was good to meet you and ronnie and bulluss, jackstar shall forever remain an unknown  enigma  in white shoes lol. The last two weeks of the season certainly had me watching the game from 2 totally different perspectives. The game V hawks from behind glass in the corporate box, and V swans  from the middle of the Tiger Army. I much preferred the Army (once a feral always a feral lol) Time to take a deep breath and look forward to 2005 with a little bit of hope  :cheers

froars

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 03:29:41 PM »
Tell us about Eddie in with the ferals 2JD

Bulluss

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 05:59:44 PM »
I left Jackstar hobnobbing with the who’s who of the RFC

it think he may change his name to Jackstar McGuire!!! ;D

While everyone was glad to see the end of the season, you could sense the excitement already brewing for next season with a wave of change about to run through the club.

Go Tigers

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004, 10:21:09 AM »
Tell us about Eddie in with the ferals 2JD

How funny was that? I was laughing my ass off....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

froars

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2004, 11:01:40 AM »
Well, for those of us who had our arsses  ;) higher up than you, can you tell us what happened lol

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 11:23:20 AM »
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=759.0

Chucked it in with the Grog Squad thread considering thats where the antics were happenign.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 05:57:45 PM »
Thank god that's over - bring on the sunshine and cricket !
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?