Author Topic: Tigers vs Cats  (Read 9300 times)

jackstar

Re: Tigers vs Cats
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2008, 08:16:35 AM »
Jordy & Ritchie are going well and bagging them is a joke and obviously an emotional assessment. Jordy's past month has been exceptional and his job is to provide run out of defence, thats why we play a loose back there to help out with his opponent.  The game showed me that we should chase Kerr and we need a big bodied midfielder (Couglan) up and firing to help out Foley.  Kerr for Raines and our 1st pick sounds fair to me. 

Do you actually go to the games.
Tambling in 3 instances stopped chasing behind play, McMahon likewise. :banghead :banghead
McMahon on Stokes was comical

jackstar

« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2008, 08:19:51 AM »

You're living in a different century.

Attacking football in modern footy starts from HB. McMahon is there to set up play. 

The post of the week! You actually didnt go to the game.
Stokes had a hand in 3 goals in the 2nd quarter. McMahon was diagraceful!  Was dragged on 2 occassions in the 2nd quarter.
Telll me something 1980, when we havent got possesion, what should McMahon do ? Stand in a zone in D50 and let Stokes get the ball without ANY PRESSURE!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2008, 08:26:35 AM »
I dont see how people can get on Tambling too much as at least he was one playing trying to MAKE the play happen while the rest of our players were mostly pretty passive.

However poor old Jordy last night had me tearing my hair out.  His worst performance of the year.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2008, 08:40:55 AM »
Foley did have Ling on him.  The world's ugliest man unfortunately likes to tear us to shreds every time he plays us.  Don't blame Foley for trying to get away from him.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2008, 09:21:23 AM »
Foley did have Ling on him.  The world's ugliest man unfortunately likes to tear us to shreds every time he plays us.  Don't blame Foley for trying to get away from him.

why couldnt foley use his pace to burn off ling? foley is lazy, he is a down hill skier and wont gut run when we are behind
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »

This week - Matthew Scarlett plays his 200th.

Every chance of getting Shane Crawford's 300th in a fortnight if he doesn't get up for next week.   :-\

bushranger

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »
I'm not the biggest fan of Tambling, but I still thought that he did a good job. So this is me eating my words on him. He's really starting to show what he is capable of, and this is a good thing and exciting if he stays with us.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2008, 11:03:46 AM »

why couldnt foley use his pace to burn off ling? foley is lazy, he is a down hill skier and wont gut run when we are behind

You're a fair dinkum idiot.  Wasnt it Foley who burnt out of the centre square last week more than once in the last quarter in the Brisbane comeback.  :shh

How is Foley meant to "burn off Ling" when Ling was all over him at every stoppage and Geelong as a team made sure they allowed him no space forward of centre, there was stuff all else he could do.  Geelong are a champion team and they made sure as a team Foley had no space to break free.
EAT EM ALIVE!

jackstar

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2008, 11:08:04 AM »
I'm not the biggest fan of Tambling, but I still thought that he did a good job. So this is me eating my words on him. He's really starting to show what he is capable of, and this is a good thing and exciting if he stays with us.

was terrible last night

Tigermonk

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2008, 11:49:59 AM »
well well preasure football, l have said it all before & l seen where we are truely at last night.
Geelong not at full strength raped us & turned us back to ugly football.
The major factor at punt road is lack of talk on the field from the leadership group & football awareness is pathetic & McMahon is not a footballers ass he got no defence side to his game & was raped.

Tigermonk

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2008, 11:51:21 AM »

was terrible last night

Tambling is a frozo when the preasure is on  ;D

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2008, 12:40:09 PM »

Attacking football in modern footy starts from HB. McMahon is there to set up play. 

Stokes had a hand in 3 goals in the 2nd quarter. McMahon was diagraceful!  Was dragged on 2 occassions in the 2nd quarter.
Telll me something 1980, when we havent got possesion, what should McMahon do ? Stand in a zone in D50 and let Stokes get the ball without ANY PRESSURE!

You prefer to watch Bowden slow it down and kick the ball sideways at HB?

McMahon needs to work on his defensive game, but thats a far cry from all this talk about him being a dud. He runs hard to get the ball and when he uses it well, we are inside 50 more often.

I went to the game, and unlike you, I was cheering for the Tigers  :P

jackstar

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »

You prefer to watch Bowden slow it down and kick the ball sideways at HB?

McMahon needs to work on his defensive game, but thats a far cry from all this talk about him being a dud. He runs hard to get the ball and when he uses it well, we are inside 50 more often.

I went to the game, and unlike you, I was cheering for the Tigers  :P

Actually was cheering for the tigers. What I seen was ""lightweights ""' been thrown around. There will be some very sore bodies at Punt Road this week.
McMahon is too light

Tigermonk

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2008, 04:08:01 PM »
Comparing Bowden to McMahon is joke of the century  :lol get real 1980 there is no comparison.
Bowden beats him in every asset of the game.

Tigermonk

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2008, 04:20:21 PM »
someone should have thrown a tiger jumper on Duncan & had him play for us  ;D he was doing more than some of our players  ;D