Author Topic: Tigers vs Cats  (Read 9301 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Cats
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2008, 09:46:07 PM »
Final Score

Richmond   2.2     4.6      6.9       10.11-71
Geelong      2.6     8.8    15.13    20.14-134

Goals: Richo 3, White 2, Bowden 2, Morton, Riewoldt, Schulz

Thanks Mt, Great job :clapping Lions lost lost i guess that may help us a little, then again roos won so that does not :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2008, 09:55:35 PM »
Nah no probs. The way Richo just took that leaping mark on the tv in the last quarter he looks fine.

Disappointing result but not a surprise either. The Cats are just so far ahead of everyone else and have so much depth it's not funny. No Chapman or Ablett and it doesn't affect them. We lose Browny and our whole forward line is out of whack with Cleve out also. Opposition finding it easy to shut down Jack and Morton without another tall down there. Mind you our disposal was abysmal tonight.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

bushranger

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2008, 09:59:10 PM »
One thing that did come out of the game was that Lids should get the nod for the next captain. I think so anyway.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2008, 10:01:08 PM »
Nah no probs. The way Richo just took that leaping mark on the tv in the last quarter he looks fine.

Disappointing result but not a surprise either. The Cats are just so far ahead of everyone else and have so much depth it's not funny. No Chapman or Ablett and it doesn't affect them. We lose Browny and our whole forward line is out of whack with Cleve out also. Opposition finding it easy to shut down Jack and Morton without another tall down there. Mind you our disposal was abysmal tonight.
I just hope it dosn't spark another sack Wallace session :lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2008, 10:11:01 PM »
The game showed that we are competitive to a degree but we are still 60 points away from winning a Grand Final. The cats bigger bodies and individual runners like Mackie & Selwood really tore us apart. Still I did see some positives for us but we have to be more direct and reduce our turnovers if we are to be any real threat come future september's.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2008, 10:12:56 PM »
Lions lost lost i guess that may help us a little, then again roos won so that does not :-\
At least results have gone as expected. We'll still be only half a game out and we've got this game we expected to lose out of the way. Although there'll be some sick and sore Tigers after tonight. Hopefully we don't drop our heads and realise most other sides are closer to our level than Geelong's.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2008, 10:21:30 PM »
One thing that did come out of the game was that Lids should get the nod for the next captain. I think so anyway.
Agree bushy. Lids got plenty of it and coped with Geelong's pressure and his disposal in the main was crisp and clean unlike his teammates.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2008, 10:33:55 PM »
We had 65 clangers to 36 and they had 50 more possessions  :P. That sums up why we lost. We matched them in most other stats including contested possies and we had 9 more tackles. Just simply outclassed like the 14 other clubs in the comp.

Richo had ice on his right knee in the rooms after the game but hopefully it's just a knock. They said we thankfully copped no injuries.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2008, 10:40:14 PM »
Newy on 3aw after the game

* Last 3 quarters - disposal let us down. Geelong's pressure wore us down in the end and we shot ourselves in the foot.

* Newy played on Steve Johnson last time with some limited success. Had to be on his game again today. Daniher had Newy as our best player on the night.

* Geelong's strength is you hold one down and another pops up. Makes them unpredictable to chop out.

* Geelong's backline is the best and our disposal didn't help our forwards line Jack and Morton. But they've been good previous weeks.

* Thanked Blingers to helping him in defence chopping out. Coming good now.

* Jacko did well containing Bartel in the second half.

* Daniher thought our tackling was the best he's seen us do. One positive. Newy said it was a focus as Geelong are such a skillful side. We let ourselves down with our disposal.

* Daniher told Newy your one of the leaders so you need to get the boys going again next week.

* Newy said Scarlett's hit was a good one. He didn't see it coming.

* Your sore after every game and Geelong plays such a physical game. We've got a decent break to get right.

* No injuries from tonight. Only Browny with the virus.

jackstar

« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2008, 12:35:44 AM »
1/ Pathetic effort by Richmond supporters to attend tonights game. If you going to follow the tigers, go and buy and Adult 18 ticket and go to the games. 42,000 tonight, terrible turnout considering there seemed to be 35,000 cats supporters there. :banghead

2/ Terry Wallace.  What on earth were you thinking playing Jake King out of a forward pocket ::) Harley took him and was way too good and tall for him.

3/ The following players WILL NOT win Richmond games in the finals in the future.
Schulz. Jackson, King, and Tambling. And lets dont forget Patto, lol Comical tonight, About time we gave Angus a game.
Richie can try as hard as he likes but he hasnt the skills to deliver the ball, Continually missed targets all night when under pressure.

4/  McMahon, Oh dear. Stokes had a hand in there first 3 goals, you guessed, Well done Jordy ::)
You have to play ACCOUNTABLE football when you havent got possesion, Tonight he was found out and you could see why the Western Bulldogs wanted him out.

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2008, 12:52:21 AM »
1/ Pathetic effort by Richmond supporters to attend tonights game. If you going to follow the tigers, go and buy and Adult 18 ticket and go to the games. 42,000 tonight, terrible turnout considering there seemed to be 35,000 cats supporters there. :banghead

2/ Terry Wallace.  What on earth were you thinking playing Jake King out of a forward pocket ::) Harley took him and was way too good and tall for him.

3/ The following players WILL NOT win Richmond games in the finals in the future.
Schulz. Jackson, King, and Tambling. And lets dont forget Patto, lol Comical tonight, About time we gave Angus a game.
Richie can try as hard as he likes but he hasnt the skills to deliver the ball, Continually missed targets all night when under pressure.

4/  McMahon, Oh dear. Stokes had a hand in there first 3 goals, you guessed, Well done Jordy ::)
You have to play ACCOUNTABLE football when you havent got possesion, Tonight he was found out and you could see why the Western Bulldogs wanted him out.

point 1/ i agree, so many tiger fans say they are supporters but only support by watching tv and sitting by a keyboard. at least i know i attend every game in victoria and at least 2 interstate

point 2/ king is a joke, and cant believe he played for browny when we could have played connors or polo or anyone. king is not a gem, king is just crap

point3/ritchie is progressing ok, and patto wasnt as bad as simmonds. simmonds was a disgrace tonight, stuffed nearly every disposal, rucked like an amateur and fumbled like a nervous wreck.  king schulz and should go, jackson i reckon can develop

point 4/jordan is our attacking rebound defender , i feel he has been pretty good in that role this year

tonight also proved that foley is a lazy player. he was towelled up and when geelong had the ball , foley was always 30 metres away from his man. the guy is weak in the mind , this is proven by the fact that he cannot shake a tag, we all know he is very quick, quicker than all geelongs mids, but he never gut runs like a judd to break a tag, just sooks  and hopes the game will end soon, tuck may not have foleys speed, but he has a much better and harder work ethic. newman, see foley, weak in the mind. i cannot believe these 2 players are next in line for captain. Deledio should be handed the captaincy next yr, johnson should announce his retirement effective immediately tomorrow. he is a joke also as a leader.  newman makes some very stupid errors for a senior player and we should trade him and foley while they have currency. that is what smart teams do, recognise players on their list that are overrated and cash in on them.

deledio should be announced captain for next year and tuck should be his vice captain. tambling and moore dep v c.
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

jackstar

« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2008, 01:15:54 AM »
Just watching the replay on Foxtel.
Voss having a decent swipe at McMahon, for not chasing  Stokes, very unaccountable and lazy said Voss

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2008, 01:22:37 AM »
Just watching the replay on Foxtel.
Voss having a decent swipe at McMahon, for not chasing  Stokes, very unaccountable and lazy said Voss

just saw that, i wonder if terry will treat jordan like he did bowden and drop him for his lack of defensive efforts. no wonder joel is not happy atm. i like jordan as a rebounding attacker, but i guess u r right jackstar, the primary role for a backman is to defend and be accountable. if terry does not drop jordan , it just shows he is a hypocrite and has his favourites. maybe a month in coburb will toughen and wisen jordan up!
he embarrasses joel who is a tiger through and through, but wont embarrass sanchez
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2008, 02:22:21 AM »

You're living in a different century.

Attacking football in modern footy starts from HB. McMahon is there to set up play. 

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2008, 05:42:27 AM »
Jordy & Ritchie are going well and bagging them is a joke and obviously an emotional assessment. Jordy's past month has been exceptional and his job is to provide run out of defence, thats why we play a loose back there to help out with his opponent.  The game showed me that we should chase Kerr and we need a big bodied midfielder (Couglan) up and firing to help out Foley.  Kerr for Raines and our 1st pick sounds fair to me.