Author Topic: Craig Cameron is our new footy manager [merged]  (Read 23708 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: A race down to two for RFC footy chief: Pelchen or Corcoran
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2008, 06:47:33 PM »
Mike on 3aw just said Pelchen won't be going to Richmond and chastised Russell for saying Pelchen put Hawthorn's list together when 75% of that list was already at Hawthorn prior to Pelchen arriving there. Most of the credit at Hawthorn should go to Buckenara and Turnball now in Perth.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2008, 06:58:15 PM »
For those that are ignorant on these matters - ME lol - can you tell me why you'd go for Corcoran over the Pelican?
Do you know enough to tell me the good points about him and Pelican so we can weigh up the options?

My opinion Moi is based on the fact that he held this type of position at both Essendon and Melbourne. From what has been written and what has been said he did well at both Clubs. Another thing that I like is that he went from Essendon who've never been short of $$$$ to Melb who have always struggled for $$$. So he has seen both sides as they say.

Then there is his currently role at Athletics Australia, which is pretty far removed from football but involved dealing with bureaucrats, politicans, sponsors and anyone else who wants to to stick their nose in ;). I'm also assuming this means he has had exposure to other countries methods, structures and procedures in running a sporting organisation.

I just think he ticks the right boxes when they talk about needing to be "contemporary" (whatever that is supposed to mean and represent)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »
we need to get the best.....whoever TF that is......

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2008, 07:32:48 PM »
2 blokes down 8 to go. :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2008, 07:42:07 PM »
For those that are ignorant on these matters - ME lol - can you tell me why you'd go for Corcoran over the Pelican?
Do you know enough to tell me the good points about him and Pelican so we can weigh up the options?

My opinion Moi is based on the fact that he held this type of position at both Essendon and Melbourne. From what has been written and what has been said he did well at both Clubs. Another thing that I like is that he went from Essendon who've never been short of $$$$ to Melb who have always struggled for $$$. So he has seen both sides as they say.

Then there is his currently role at Athletics Australia, which is pretty far removed from football but involved dealing with bureaucrats, politicans, sponsors and anyone else who wants to to stick their nose in ;). I'm also assuming this means he has had exposure to other countries methods, structures and procedures in running a sporting organisation.

I just think he ticks the right boxes when they talk about needing to be "contemporary" (whatever that is supposed to mean and represent)
Well, considering I have no idea, I'm relying on what everyone else says.
So thanks for that, Willie  :thumbsup
As long as whoever it is, he/she is the best or one of the best and we're not getting someone because everyone else is taken.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2008, 10:51:29 PM »
It seems looking from outside it's pointing more and more towards Corcoran if he wants the job.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2008, 08:53:55 AM »
"I have not been approached by Richmond or anyone else" is what Corcoran said on SEN this morning according to BF.

Corcoran making a smoke screen or just another fine piece of the Australian journalism yet again.  :rollin  :banghead
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »
Ex-tiger Chris Bond is now Freo's new football manager replacing Robert Shaw.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=12&ContentID=94730

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »
Hutchy said tonight Pelchen and Dan Richardson, our two favoured choices for the job, have both pulled out of the running. So the decision on our new footy manager will take a bit longer.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Our new footy manager [merged]
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »
Good on Hutchy with his scoops. Last week it was Pelchen and now it's not  :wallywink.

I thought Corcoran was one of our two preferred candidates.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2008, 11:51:56 PM »
Good on Hutchy with his scoops. Last week it was Pelchen and now it's not  :wallywink.
To be fair he did say that Pelchen was our number one candidate, never said that he'd take the job

I thought Corcoran was one of our two preferred candidates.
Hopefully he's the #1 candidate now

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2008, 12:35:43 AM »
Yep Corcoran has to be unless he turns us down too  :P.

To be fair he did say that Pelchen was our number one candidate, never said that he'd take the job
That's true although the footy show were building it up as Hutchy would reveal our new footy chief.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2008, 12:39:24 AM »
its good to see that "best practices" have been put in place with this appointment. :thumbsup

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2008, 06:54:29 AM »
its good to see that "best practices" have been put in place with this appointment. :thumbsup

what do you mean rog?

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2008, 04:52:24 PM »

what do you mean rog?

meaning everyone is thinking football background...when in actual fact we have implemented the "best practice" of looking outside this criteria...perhaps just perhaps the person we select WONT come from a football background. :whistle