Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 221967 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Brett Deledio yet to watch Richmond's grand final win (Age)
« Reply #1965 on: October 19, 2017, 01:19:59 PM »
Last comment is a shocker

But if I am honest, one that doesnt surprise me

Facts he left, he made the choice to keave, could have stayed but decided he didn't want to be part of our club anymore

Sook, moan or make comments like that last one, you bought it on yourself sunshine, get over it

But being the kind hearted soul that I am, I offer the following piece advice I give my nieces ...

Suck it up Princess  ;D
But not your nephews???  :gobdrop

Don't think WP has any.

:lol

I have nephew who isnt a sook like his sisters  ;D

But my advice to him when he was about 14 and sooking about copping a detention went something like this

There's a bridge without a toll, get over it

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1966 on: October 19, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »
Apparently Cotch was commended on some footy show for going to Lids after the Prelim, his response was “maybe I shouldn’t have as Lids didn’t congratulate us after the GF win”

Yep. Heard that.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1967 on: October 19, 2017, 01:41:15 PM »
Apparently Cotch was commended on some footy show for going to Lids after the Prelim, his response was “maybe I shouldn’t have as Lids didn’t congratulate us after the GF win”

Yep. Heard that.

link?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1968 on: October 19, 2017, 03:59:18 PM »
Bit of contradiction.One moment saying I should have been there,and hurt and talking about it and next moment no regrets.Strange for player to that you move on and say I'm happy for my mates etc .Sour grapes to me.I think he needed to go never team first and seem like was stirring issues.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1969 on: October 19, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »
Always been a bit of Me Me Me about Brett. No questions he's going through a rough patch, but its not about you Lids.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1970 on: October 19, 2017, 04:38:20 PM »
Wow, what a prick.

Hard seeing your mates up there, huh? Was it hard seeing them left behind when you went looking for greener pastures? World doesn't revolve around you and your body fat %.

Utterly selfish, and my understanding is he could have lined up late 2016 but couldn't be F'd anymore.

One of our best trades ever. Traded our damaged goods essentially for Caddy? And poor GWS has to keep paying him for another two years LMAO.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1971 on: October 19, 2017, 05:45:55 PM »

Yep. Heard that.

link?

Sorry don't have a link, but a friend was at some sort of QnA thing with Rance and Cotch and apparently Cotch mentioned the above re: Lids.

Very poor if true.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1972 on: October 19, 2017, 08:42:10 PM »
I have been a fan of Lids for as long as I remember. But his comments are absolutely disgraceful and I am glad he left got traded etc. I am willing to entertain the idea that he might thinks he is more deserving of a medal than Ellis. But how about Cotch, Martin, Jack who could have left as well but stayed on? Why can't he be happy for them?

I can't believe he went to the stuffing zoo. Even Wayne Campbell watched the GF!!!!

dwaino

« Reply #1973 on: October 19, 2017, 08:51:44 PM »
I’ve been in Lids’ corner as he was a great servant of a poo club, but reading his comments and what Cotchin said I think he can go EAD now

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1974 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »
The universe does move in mysterious ways - blessing in disguise as hes damaged goods .

Wonder how many quality games Lids has left in him ??

Will he do his calf again next pre season  ??

You find me anyone who thinks he won't and I'll call them an absolute bulls--t artist  ;D
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1975 on: October 19, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »

Yep. Heard that.

link?

Sorry don't have a link, but a friend was at some sort of QnA thing with Rance and Cotch and apparently Cotch mentioned the above re: Lids.

Very poor if true.

Cotch said Lids hadn't even texted him to congratulate him and Rance added something along the lines of 'well he left and missed out' or close to this. It looked to be tounge in check stuff to me.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1976 on: October 19, 2017, 09:52:14 PM »
Newsflash Derlidio, RFC won the GF, so when you watch it, don't be surprised

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1977 on: October 19, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »
he can always watch reruns of the 2016 trade period
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1978 on: October 19, 2017, 11:33:49 PM »
Lids was a very good player in a pretty ordinary side for a long time. He has played in some shocking losses and some demoralising losing streaks, so you could hardly blame him for having mixed emotions about the success of the Tigers. I think you lot are getting a bit hysterical over a comment that looks like it was made in jest.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #1979 on: October 20, 2017, 12:06:07 AM »
Lids was a very good player in a pretty ordinary side for a long time. He has played in some shocking losses and some demoralising losing streaks, so you could hardly blame him for having mixed emotions about the success of the Tigers. I think you lot are getting a bit hysterical over a comment that looks like it was made in jest.

Hysterical, give me a spell. Are we all supposed to fell bad now, feel like silly little people for having the ability to spot an out point. Who ever you are, get this, Deledio didn't even have the decency to contact the Captain and offer his congratulations after the win, a player who refused to take the field at the tail end of last year because he DIDN'T want to be a part of our club anymore, etc etc. There is more going on here than his self justifying statement at the end of an article that is the icing on his all ready cooked cake. The know best got it wrong.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.