Author Topic: Brett Deledio [merged]  (Read 188477 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Brett Deledio [merged]
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2006, 06:21:24 PM »
Does anyone know if Lids will defend his AFL Grand Final Sprint title?  Or will JON run instead?

Don't think he is Julz and I read that this year's sprint will be run under handicap rules. ::)

Don't tell me this is another AA brainstorm  ::). How stupid can you get! 

Good luck to Axel anyway. Wasn't he the fastest over 20m at the club?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2006, 01:36:52 AM »
Surprised he didn't poll a vote in the Brownlow.

Danyle Pearce from Port polled 13.

Brett Deledio has a lot of work ahead of him before anyone should be calling him a superstar or our next big hope.

It won't just happen because we all hope it will.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2006, 05:23:01 PM »
Agree Magic. He obviously has the talent but the "potential superstar" tag means nothing. He still has his flaws which he needs to irradicate from his game before he can rise up to the level he and us would love him to get to.

Hopefully unlike in the past we can now develop our own genuine A-grade superstars rather than producing then overrating good honest footballers.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2006, 07:41:04 PM »
Agree Magic. He obviously has the talent but the "potential superstar" tag means nothing. He still has his flaws which he needs to irradicate from his game before he can rise up to the level he and us would love him to get to.

Hopefully unlike in the past we can now develop our own genuine A-grade superstars rather than producing then overrating good honest footballers.

Next year I reckon Lids will really strut his stuff and show that he will become a A++++++ player  :thumbsup

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2006, 09:35:44 PM »

Next year I reckon Lids will really strut his stuff and show that he will become a A++++++ player  :thumbsup

No pressure tho...  :rollin
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2006, 05:22:35 PM »

LOL

We would love it if that happens Bluey but I hope you don't mozz him ;).

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2006, 08:05:43 PM »

LOL

We would love it if that happens Bluey but I hope you don't mozz him ;).

Well let's hope Lid's doesn't read this  :P

Although if you are... I'm 5'11, brown hair, green eyes. My number is 041---, maybe you should just PM me  ;) No pressure though  :rollin  :lol

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2006, 09:09:50 PM »
5'11 - sheesh you're tall.  I'm only 5'6

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »
5'11 last time I checked  :P Not sure if I've grown much since then. People tell me I'm tall all the time, but I don't feel it... I just feel normal  :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Fame doesn't faze Deledio (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2007, 04:03:41 AM »

Good skills: Tiger Brett Deledio tries his hand at a different sport while showing community spirit at the North Richmond Housing Estate yesterday. Picture: Peter Ward

Fame doesn't faze Deledio
28 February 2007   Herald-Sun
Daryl Timms

YOUNG Tiger Brett Deledio doesn't believe all senior players have been tarnished by Daniel Kerr's weekend assault on a Perth taxi driver.

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said the West Coast star's actions had tainted all senior players.

Deledio said he didn't find it difficult handling diversions caused by being a recognisable league footballer.

"Look, you have to pick your right times when you have got to do whatever you are going to do," he said yesterday.

"Personally I haven't found it too hard but I can't talk for anyone else."

Deledio said he was sometimes disappointed that league footballers were so heavily scrutinised.

"But that's just the position we are in, but we choose to do it (play footy)," he said.

"You have to set the right example and follow that lead, I guess.

"If you come off a bad game, the last thing you want to do is have people pressure you for autographs and photographs and whatever.

"But I guess you have to put a smile on your face for those people because it means the world to them."

Deledio said he had been unaware of Demetriou's comments about Kerr but said he believed it was a fairly general statement.

"I'd be disappointed if we were all looked on in that way," he said.

Deledio and nine of his teammates, including Joel Bowden, were at the North Richmond Housing Estate in Lennox St yesterday to continue their community work.

Two of the players are at the estate each Tuesday afternoon as part of the "Solid Ground" after-school program.

Bowden, the leader of the community project, yesterday presented the children with cricket bats, footballs, soccer balls, baseball and table tennis equipment, which he paid for with money won in the AFL Community Leadership Award.

Deledio said the children at the estate, as well as the players, enjoyed the program.

"It's good to be able to help the kids and put a smile on the faces," the 19-year-old said.

The North Richmond Housing Estate accommodates up to 5000 people, including about 800 children aged four to 16.

Deledio, preparing for his third AFL season, wasn't fazed by the extra attention he got last year.

"That's just the way it is – that's footy," he said.

"I'm still trying to deal with it all and it's a good learning curve which I'm enjoying and hopefully we can play in some finals this year."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21299342%255E19742,00.html

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2007, 01:38:51 PM »
I had a thought about this just yesterday.

Gary Ablett and Fraser Gehrig started off as wingers/half fowards before stacking on some bulk and becoming full fowards.

Do you think Lids, say at the age of 26-27 could possibly do this?

Taking into account that our draftees all develop well, and all we lack is a strong foward presence?

He'd be quick, strong mark, good kick, almost impossible to match up.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »
see no reason why not, he could already do that

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »

Utilise him in the midfield/hff area now, but put him on the Lance Whitnall program later on and get him to 100+ kg. A man mountain.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2007, 02:29:39 PM »

Utilise him in the midfield/hff area now, but put him on the Lance Whitnall program later on and get him to 100+ kg. A man mountain.

whitnall, wash your mouth out wayne  ;D

at his current build and height he could already be a damading FF. He doesnt need to become your stereotypical key forward, it is the opposition team that needs to find a match up for lids if he plays FF.

but i agree with the fact that i don't want him as a permanent key forward. Would like him a forward flanker/midfield role. if he can post 40+ goals in a season (2 a game is reasonable) and average 20+ possies he will have earned his no. 1 tag and most importantly will benefit the club

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2007, 02:55:48 PM »
Bob Pratt 180cm 76kg
Jack o'Rourke 178cm 73.5kg