Author Topic: Why dont supporters go to away games ?  (Read 8304 times)

jackstar

Re: Why dont supporters go to away games ?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 08:42:48 AM »
As I said to you last week, it's none of your business why people don't go to the football.
I remember you going to other games when the Tiges were playing sometimes.
Okay, you were working for another club.
But so what, you expect everyone else to drop things they might be doing to go to Tiger games.  Why couldn't you then?
Are you trying to make yourself to be some kind of saviour or something?
I'll go when I please.

All  I  am saying MOI, we had 30,000 there against Brisbane and 5,000 there on sat night, you work it out SMART ARSE ,and as usual ,you HAVE A GO AT ME,  You MUST HATE ME!, good for you! I must make your day :lol

petrol up 5c today, thats 60 litres a week= $3.00 ::)

Moi

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »
All  I  am saying MOI, we had 30,000 there against Brisbane and 5,000 there on sat night, you work it out SMART behind ,and as usual ,you HAVE A GO AT ME,  You MUST HATE ME!, good for you! I must make your day :lol

You started the thread
You're the one stroking yourself because you're such a great supporter  ::)
WGAF!

jackstar

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 10:03:25 AM »
All  I  am saying MOI, we had 30,000 there against Brisbane and 5,000 there on sat night, you work it out SMART behind ,and as usual ,you HAVE A GO AT ME,  You MUST HATE ME!, good for you! I must make your day :lol

You started the thread
You're the one stroking yourself because you're such a great supporter  ::)
WGAF!

:whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle
If you have nothing constructive to write, dont write and stop slagging me you fruit loop! :whistle

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 01:17:18 PM »
There would have been 10-12k there sat night , not 5k...Still poor but not as poor as you make out
I think another reason why melb teams away crowds are lower these days is higher membership figures..

If your a member and only go to say 8-11 games a year it makes sense that these would all be home games..
If your not a member and have to pay your $25(or whatever it is) to get into GA then it doesn't matter
wether its a home or away game as you still pay the same...

Tigermonk

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »
they must give centrelink concession at football  ;D there be a few on here that would get it as l seen the word centrelink used a few times in the last few months. How much do you get off Blaisee  :lol

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 05:49:46 PM »
Adult 11 compared to adult 17  is a difference of $118.00. wow
Now thats $2.27 a week for a year. BIG DEAL.
I dont think money is the major factor for people not going to the footy
 ::)

Thing is Jack, you dont have a clue as to what the major factor is in people not going to away games, and more importantly, youre not supposed to have a clue, its none of your business, and things that dont seem to be a big deal to you are to other people.
And I also think the Richmond section of the crowd was much bigger than you make out and yes I was there too, but as usual with your doom and gloom outlook you painted a worse picture than it was.
I object to being called a cheap skate by someone who doesnt know me or my circumstances and I object on behalf of the people to whom $118 is a big deal >:(

jackstar

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 06:39:42 PM »
Adult 11 compared to adult 17  is a difference of $118.00. wow
Now thats $2.27 a week for a year. BIG DEAL.
I dont think money is the major factor for people not going to the footy
 ::)

Thing is Jack, you dont have a clue as to what the major factor is in people not going to away games, and more importantly, youre not supposed to have a clue, its none of your business, and things that dont seem to be a big deal to you are to other people.
And I also think the Richmond section of the crowd was much bigger than you make out and yes I was there too, but as usual with your doom and gloom outlook you painted a worse picture than it was.
I object to being called a cheap skate by someone who doesnt know me or my circumstances and I object on behalf of the people to whom $118 is a big deal >:(

Well , how can you be a cheap skate when you where there ????? You have me confused. ::)
There wouldnt been anymore than 5000 RFC supporters there sat night.
Dont complain when we dont get blockbuster games in the future either.
Can tell you the most people would waste $118  and more on smokes ,tattslotto, drink etc etc. All i am saying that $118 isnt alot of money in the context of things and I dont beleive its the major reason for people not attending.
Sorry , if this is too complicated for you and others to understand.

Tigermonk

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 07:25:08 PM »
well one thing Jack is they never have to worry about buying finals tickets  ;D we never make them  :lol  :thumbsup

jackstar

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 07:32:21 PM »
well one thing Jack is they never have to worry about buying finals tickets  ;D we never make them  :lol  :thumbsup

Gee and imagine if we ever made a Grand Final and had to fork out $150 for a ticket,  ::)
Even  if we made a final, they wouldnt go because they couldnt afford it, or it was too cold, or had had the next door neighbours half brothers cousins 58th birthday party ::)
Or there was train strike ::)
Or the dog was sick
and on and on and on.

Monk, I like your post! :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 07:59:55 PM »
Well , how can you be a cheap skate when you where there ????? You have me confused. ::)
Can tell you the most people would waste $118  and more on smokes ,tattslotto, drink etc etc. All i am saying that $118 isnt alot of money in the context of things and I dont beleive its the major reason for people not attending.

Your generalisation of the not just RFC supporters but now it would seem the entire population staggering and laughable....

To make sweeping statements as to why or why not people go to different games is something you, me and most people wouldn't know, doesn't make them any less a Tiger fan. Just like the "fact" you go to games doesn't make you any better.

And I've gotta a newsflash for you to some people $118 is alot of money. And here's another one what people chose to spend their "hard earn $$$" on is no-ones business but theirs.... ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
Are you going to Adelaide this week Jack and did you go to our 4 other interstate games this year?

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2008, 09:28:31 PM »

Your generalisation of the not just RFC supporters but now it would seem the entire population staggering and laughable....

To make sweeping statements as to why or why not people go to different games is something you, me and most people wouldn't know, doesn't make them any less a Tiger fan. Just like the "fact" you go to games doesn't make you any better.

And I've gotta a newsflash for you to some people $118 is alot of money. And here's another one what people chose to spend their "hard earn $$$" on is no-ones business but theirs.... ::)

You are correct WP.
People can do what they like with their money.
You genuises have misssed whole agrument.
I said that money wasnt the main reason and if people wanted to go last saturday, they would of.
they obviously didnt want to go, end of subject.
You get great pleasuring at ""slagging me "" WP ???
Miller gone, you know who next, get used to the idea,

jackstar

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2008, 09:31:38 PM »
Are you going to Adelaide this week Jack and did you go to our 4 other interstate games this year?

Nah, cant afford it :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :whistle :whistle :whistle

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »

Actually I don't Jack I suppose I just get frustrated like you do  ;)

I just dont like it when you make generalisations about things and people when trying to make an argument.

That's all nothing more or nothing less

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2008, 09:47:34 PM »

Actually I don't Jack I suppose I just get frustrated like you do  ;)

I just dont like it when you make generalisations about things and people when trying to make an argument.

That's all nothing more or nothing less

Okay!