Author Topic: Why dont supporters go to away games ?  (Read 8302 times)

jackstar

Re: Why dont supporters go to away games ?
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2008, 10:09:59 PM »
richmond fans hate the tesltra dome, infact all club fans do.

It takes an hour to get in, and an hour to get out.

The club knows this and is trying to schedule as few games as possible at TD in the coming years.

Better onfield results will help us achieve our goals

The TD is ahole :chuck

Obviously you dont go there.
Telstra Dome is agreat place. Football undercover, not effected by weather conditions, sit on level 2 and you are sitting on top of the players.
Great restaurants.
Takes 2 minutes to get in if you have a ticket.
The bozos who go there without a ticket good luck.
Anyway, Blaisee, arent you a member??????? Walk straight if you are. your obviosly NOT

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2008, 11:12:34 PM »
Might add you are paying for a "" different product"" when you walk into the dome.
Is that Ian Collins and his mumbo jumbo of excuses for ripping people off speaking?! "Different product" ... oh please! :rollin.  We're going to the footy FFS!

You get a plastic fold-down seat to watch the game, 80's elevator music pre-game, an annoying announcer who says "get ready tiger fans, give us a roar" that kills the natural atmosphere as the team runs out, plus food 3 times the price of outside  ::). Yep I can't understand why we pay more at the Dome than the 'G. We're suckers!  

You have no idea about Marketing do you :banghead
Last timed I looked the Dome had a roof on it.
The atompshere last sat week was the best thing I have been to in a long time.
You are able to eat in fantastic restaurants., you should try it one day, its fun you know. :lol
Might add the chips and pies are the same price as at the G. ::)
Yep I must have no idea about marketing because making the public watch grass grow for an hour or more before the start of a game is what they want lol. So is having Australian Idol contestants as the pre-game entertainment at the Grand Final  :lol. A round of applause everyone for all those geniuses in AFL marketing  :clapping.

And yep the overpriced food along with everything else is the same at both the Dome and 'G which was my point. The footy is the same game too  :yep. The sarcasm went over your head  ;).

I and most people go to the footy to watch the game with friends and family :thumbsup. And when I go to a restaurant for a meal I go to a proper one around town. Plenty of good eateries in and around Melbourne if you know where to look. We're spoiled for choice and variety actually  :thumbsup.

It was the closeness and drama of the Brisbane game plus an 8 goal last quarter comeback that generated the atmosphere amongst the Tiger faithful. That's why we were going off. If we're getting flogged, we don't all go 'this is still fun Jack as there's a roof!' lol. The novelty has kind of worn off after 9 years Collo  :wallywink.

The Dome has no atmosphere if the game isn't close as it's sterile with the roof closed. I might add the best atmospheres at the footy I have experienced have been at the open 'G and best of all I've never had to pay a booking fee or extra BS fees for the privilege  :thumbsup. Each to their own.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2008, 12:08:38 AM »

The club knows this and is trying to schedule as few games as possible at TD in the coming years.

Telstra Dome is agreat place. Football undercover, not effected by weather conditions, sit on level 2 and you are sitting on top of the players.
Great restaurants.
Anyway, Blaisee, arent you a member??????? Walk straight if you are. your obviosly NOT
Yep heaven forbid people rock up to the footy like they have been doing for the past 150 years  :whistle. LOL blaming the public for the Dome's inefficient ticket system.

It's okay for me as I have my membership card but my Dad is a Port Adelaide member and I have friends who I go to the footy with together who barrack for the Blues, Pies and Lions. So come on 'Collo' how are they meant to buy a ticket to a Richmond game without buying one at the gate on the day or without incurring a booking fee from buying one earlier in the week at ticketmaster?!  ::) This thread is really showing how out of touch you are with the average footy supporter :wallywink.

Footy is an outdoor sport and I prefer the arbitary weather conditions of outside. A test of a footballer's skill and footy brain week to week. The 'G is hardly a gluepot anymore either so the footy is just a high standard and the grandstands are covered. Some people are getting soft as they get older  :lol.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 03:01:02 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2008, 03:10:40 AM »

Great restaurants.

hahaha am i a member?

not talkning about me jack, am talking about the average punter.

Me personally, havent waited in a line, any line in years

jackstar

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2008, 06:07:54 AM »

Great restaurants.
Yep heaven forbid people rock up to the footy like they have been doing for the past 150 years  :whistle. LOL blaming the public for the Dome's inefficient ticket system.

It's okay for me as I have my membership card but my Dad is a Port Adelaide member and I have friends who I go to the footy with together who barrack for the Blues, Pies and Lions. So come on 'Collo' how are they meant to buy a ticket to a Richmond game without buying one at the gate on the day or without incurring a booking fee from buying one earlier in the week at ticketmaster?!  ::) This thread is really showing how out of touch you are with the average footy supporter :wallywink.

Footy is an outdoor sport and I prefer the arbitary weather conditions of outside. A test of a footballer's skill and footy brain week to week. The 'G is hardly a gluepot anymore either so the footy is just a high standard and the grandstands are covered. Some people are getting soft as they get older  :lol.

Just shows how ""out of touch you are ""
TICKETMASTER! Print you tickets at home, walk straight into the dome.
Seeing you know where to find ebay, you should be able to find the TICKETMASTER site ::) ::) ::) ::) :whistle :whistle

Tigermonk

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2008, 08:06:27 AM »
 :rollin  :thumbsup oh crack me up this early in the morning EBAY  ;D  :thumbsup
getting in & out & parking we never had any problems & getting service for food & booze is great,  :cheers shaking the snake into your pockets if you leave them open is not a problem also  ;D l just dont agree on how the place was built & that we play home games there

jackstar

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »
Even better, park under the stadium, and the grab a lift to your seats. Dont even have to walk outside.
And people hate the dome. :banghead :banghead :banghead
Some people have no idea. ::) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Moi

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2008, 08:19:58 AM »
Wake me up when Jack finishes his Powerpoint presentation   :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

We get the point, Jack, you like the Dome.
Most others hate it, but we're really happy for you that you like it  ::)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2008, 08:21:58 AM »

Some people have no idea.

You have never spoken a truer word.  ::)

Tigermonk

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2008, 08:24:39 AM »

hows that player pulling up Smokey

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »

Sorry TM, I've missed your point on that one.  Who do you mean?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2008, 01:16:32 PM »
Over priced food, the frustrating sardine shuffle to get to the station after the game and the Tigers terrible record there all help to make me prefer the 'G over the Dome. Though I did get to sit in the Medallion Club last year and that was a sensation experience in terms of viewing, eating, parking and general comfort so Jack if I sat there every week I would probably change my mind.

In terms of general atmosphere, access to the venue and what grounds suits our style of play - the 'G wins hands down!  :moi

Stripes

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2008, 02:19:27 PM »
Hate the dome, Love the G, but still go to both

To those that are like me and hate the dome, try Kardinia park, now that is a real hole.

Tigermonk

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2008, 04:34:01 PM »

Sorry TM, I've missed your point on that one.  Who do you mean?

Cogs  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »
Hate the dome, Love the G, but still go to both

To those that are like me and hate the dome, try Kardinia park, now that is a real hole.

Sardine Stadium if you can get in there  ;D