Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 52567 times)

Jackstar

Trouble is brewing
« on: August 31, 2004, 11:44:23 AM »
The mail is that now the season is finished the "trouble makers" will raise there head again. You might find the "alternative ticket saga" will push things very shortly. Why cant we be in the news for good things instead of crap.
Stay tuned.!

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 12:22:38 PM »
Schwab was on MMM on Saturday after the game.  I have little idea what he said because I was too busy going ballistic to hear anything much.

But I think he was putting forward where things need to change at the Club. :o  No kidding.  Only a genius could have worked that out.  ::)

From what we’ve read, seems like Casey and the Board are well under way to doing all of these things.

What I want to know is what could Schwab possibly do better than anyone else or better than those who are there already?  If anyone can explain that to me I’d be grateful.  Because this just seems like a complete waste of people’s time and energy, by a few nuff nuffs who basically have little or no idea.  And even worse than that, they aren’t even living in the real world.  :banghead :banghead

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they’re stuck in a time warp or something and are just incapable of dealing with the reality of the situation?

They can uncover, reveal or bring forward whatever they like, they can’t lead this or any other Club and bring success to it.  Not from anything I’ve seen from them they can’t.

I know I go on about this, but I will continue to go on about it until there’s no need to. :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 01:02:35 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 12:57:58 PM »
Why doesn't this surprise me?

Last week at the THC luncheon, Schwab was there (he always goes so I can't give him heaps about that) working the room - talking mainly to former players. Newsflash for you Mickey Nuff Nuff - it aint the former players you need to be speaking too it is people like me.  :banghead  Peter Welsh was there too and what a joke that is. I have been to every THC luncheons and Welsh has never been to one but suddenly turns up and works the room too - what type of people do you think you are dealing with? Fools like yourselves?

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they’re stuck in a time warp or something and are just incapable of dealing with the reality of the situation?

It seems to me TS that Schwab believes he has some right to be at Richmond (maybe because of his late father I don't know). He did nothing while he was there - his record tells us that. He and his croonies are big on telling us what is wrong but they give very little substance to their arguement because they haven't given one plausible solution to our woes. In actual fact they have said they would go back to those dim dark years of just cutting spending (ala the late 1980's and ealry 1990's) but with no apparent plans to raise more revenues.

I know I go on about this, but I will continue to go on about it until there’s no need to. :P

I go on about it too TS - these nuff nuffs are a joke and a disgrace and they make my blood boil. They claim to care about the Club but continue to disstablise it for reasons that escape me but quite obviously boost their over inflated egos.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 01:13:43 PM »
He did nothing while he was there - his record tells us that. He and his croonies are big on telling us what is wrong but they give very little substance to their arguement because they haven't given one plausible solution to our woes. In actual fact they have said they would go back to those dim dark years of just cutting spending (ala the late 1980's and ealry 1990's) but with no apparent plans to raise more revenues.

That’s my main concern with this group WP.  And it’s a worry that you and I and others can see that, but they don’t seem to be able to or want to.

That they actually think they have something more to contribute to the Club, with their outmoded methods, when they couldn’t make an impact before, just shows the lack of awareness and nous they really have.  None.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 02:59:55 PM »
It wouldn't be the case that Schwab and Co know if they waited to the AGM/election they would get slaughtered on proxies unless there's an extraordinary high turnout in the voting by members. Sounds like political manoeuvring to me and nothing else. So much for putting the best interests of the Club first  ::). Once again their timing is impeccable - trade/draft season when you're trying to attract players.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2004, 03:12:27 PM »
Once again their timing is impeccable - trade/draft season when you're trying to attract players.

Why would we want to attract players after the stellar season we have had ::)

So much for putting the best interests of the Club first ::).

Why would they want to do that? They only took a step back with the coaching appointment becase they knew the consequences if we lost Wallace - it is a pity they cannot see the consequences of what their rumblings do. They are a disgrace

froars

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 03:15:22 PM »
Ditto my previous rantings  >:(

Offline DirtyDogTiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 05:56:11 PM »
Nothing wrong with Schwab; being a richmond supporter and given his bloodlines and career; why not. Casey needs to know he has opposition. We should go totally democratic and have full elections every three years.

However when I vote, i'll judge them on their merits and presentation.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2004, 07:34:16 PM »
We should go totally democratic and have full elections every three years.

We are democratic DDT - ever year postions become available - whether we have an election depends on the number of nominations. We had an election last year for the first time in ages because there were 8 or 9 nominees.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 03:08:34 AM »
From article Tiger cull posted by FF on the "players cut" thread. I've split the topics up [ed. one-eyed].

By Mark Robinson
Herald-Sun
September 1, 2004

The clean-out, under new coach Terry Wallace, came on the same day president Clinton Casey and wannabe president Brendan Schwab drew swords over control of Punt Rd.

Schwab told the Herald Sun last night he would this week ask Casey to resign and if Casey didn't he'd likely call for an early election.

Casey, however, was adamant he would not step aside and labelled Schwab "untrustworthy" for hinting at a pre-December election that had been agreed to.

The off-field drama began yesterday when Casey and Schwab stood firm over their leadership intentions.

The two had agreed, among other things, that there be negotiations over a transition of power and, if that could not be agreed, then an election - effectively Casey v Schwab - would be held in December.

Schwab confirmed yesterday he would approach Casey this week and ask for his resignation.

"That's the critical step in the negotiations and that's Clinton Casey to make a decision about his future," he said.

Asked last night if he would resign, Casey said: "No".

Schwab said an election earlier than December was now an option.

"Clinton needs to understand that the people of Richmond gave him a five-year opportunity to build Richmond and the culmination of that five-year period has been the worst on-field and off-field performance in the history of the club," he said.

"And if he says, 'No, I'm not stepping down', then we will increase our group of seven to nine and will then conduct a full board election.

"The timing of that is something we would review but in the absence of full disclosure of the financials, then clearly we would have to consider bringing the election forward."

Casey's standing at the club and in the eyes of supporters has improved in recent weeks.

The appointment of Wallace, the arrival of new chief executive Steven Wright, new football and recruiting departments, on top of yesterday's player departures, have given Casey and the Tigers board renewed enthusiasm.

Casey said last night he hadn't agreed to step aside to allow a smooth transition.

"What we agreed to was if there was a better president put forward, and it was agreed that was the case, then I would step aside," Casey said. "There's not."

Schwab's group is expected to be allowed to view the Tigers' financial books next week.

"That's so important," Schwab said. "If we think immediate medicine needs to be administered, in the best interests of the club we would need to act sooner."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 03:14:38 AM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 03:40:43 AM »

"Clinton needs to understand that the people of Richmond gave him a five-year opportunity to build Richmond and the culmination of that five-year period has been the worst on-field and off-field performance in the history of the club," he said.

Who else was there for 4 of those 5 years Brendan plus the year before that!  ::). Do you think we're that stupid to forget that after six months >:(.

Schwab said. "If we think immediate medicine needs to be administered, in the best interests of the club we would need to act sooner."

The timing of your past actions make you a poor judge of acting in the best interests of the RFC. Firstly you started your challenge while we trying to appointment Wallace potentially putting that at risk and now to re-start it as we head into the trade period putting at risk getting a decent out-of-contract player. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2004, 07:49:18 AM »
I will say this, people( supporters) have very short memories.
When reading all the crap posted on forums, people think that Schwab is a messiah or something.
His brother basically ruined the club, just ask KB and former players who played during the late 80,s, early 90,s
This clown will bring the club to its knees over the next few weeks.
SCHWAB IS NOT THE ANSWER AND EITHER IS HIS TICKET !
Forget about the joy of having a good coach for the first time in 10 years and delight in getting the best young players in the land, it all will come to an end very soon.
The supporters have had enough hardship.they dont need anymore !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2004, 09:01:20 AM »
Fair dinkum Brendan Schwab you are a joke and a disgrace. It is a pity you don't read this forum - then again it is probably a good thing for your over inflated ego. Idiot.

Schwab confirmed yesterday he would approach Casey this week and ask for his resignation.

"That's the critical step in the negotiations and that's Clinton Casey to make a decision about his future," he said.

Clinton has to make a decision about his future? He has you twit (read below) - but because it aint what you want you think he hasn't made a decision

Asked last night if he would resign, Casey said: "No".

Seems like a decison to me Brendan - do you follow?

He is at it again. It is now Clinton Casey's fault we won the wooden spoon - argh yeah that's right Clinton and Clinton alone gave Danny the contract extension and then agreed to remove "that clause". Newsflash Brendan (and Peter Welsh too) you were part of the board that agreed to that decison and you did agree didn't you? Take some bloody responsibility will you.
Casey said last night he hadn't agreed to step aside to allow a smooth transition.

"What we agreed to was if there was a better president put forward, and it was agreed that was the case, then I would step aside," Casey said. "There's not."

Spot on Clinton - there isn't  though Brendan would want us to believe that his the man for the job - he isn't now or in the future.

"That's so important," Schwab said. "If we think immediate medicine needs to be administered, in the best interests of the club we would need to act sooner."

Immediate medicine - what is that Brendan - just reinforcing what's already been done. Reducing spending?

I have said it before and I'll say it again - there is absolutely no way I would vote Brendan Schwab and his ticket. Is it personal? - You bet it is.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 09:03:33 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2004, 09:07:20 AM »
When reading all the crap posted on forums, people think that Schwab is a messiah or something.

How true Jackstar. It is improtant for people to know he aint no messiah.

His brother basically ruined the club, just ask KB and former players who played during the late 80,s, early 90,s

Please don't get me started on the brother >:(

Said it in a nutshell Jack
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 10:44:27 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2004, 09:48:41 AM »

How true Jackstar. It is improtant for people to know he aint know messiah.

Please don't get me started on the brother >:(

Said it in a nutshell Jack

But the question is: Will he win if he forces an EGM?
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.