Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 57752 times)

Offline tigers80

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #330 on: November 05, 2004, 07:08:17 PM »
the joint is riddled with cancer :banghead

until someone with a bit of honesty and integrity stands up and says enuff is enuff the cancer will still be there regardless of who is sailing the goodship lollipop...

there must be someone out there that loves this club enuff to put an end to its slow demise...

c.c gone...
macek...big mistake...
schwab...delusional...
welsh..as above...

no amount of chemo will help rid this joint of the cancer that has eaten away the very fabric that this club was built on... toughness,spirit,etc...

its about time we had a revolution and we as members take back what is rightfully ours our club from these egotistical wanks...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Miller on the board?
« Reply #331 on: November 07, 2004, 04:15:38 AM »
From "Tigers launch new era" article:

There was also speculation that Greg Miller, the principal architect in Richmond's massive restructuring, could run for a board position.

Colleagues said Miller had always had the urge to participate at board level.

Miller was non-committal when asked whether he would nominate for the Richmond election next month.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,11307964%255E20322,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Miller on the board?
« Reply #332 on: November 07, 2004, 04:55:02 AM »
There was also speculation that Greg Miller, the principal architect in Richmond's massive restructuring, could run for a board position.

I know since Jewell was tossed out at the last election and Welsh resigned (in both their cases no loss :thumbsup) we no longer have anyone on the board with a strict footy background but I don't see the need for Miller to go onto the board when the footy department is finally progressing well under his roll as Director of Football. The board can always take on his advice anyway. Keep him out of the politics and the stupidty and egos that goes with it at Richmond.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2004, 04:06:51 PM »
Just on the speculation that Miller could run for the board. Is he a RFC member?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #334 on: November 09, 2004, 04:46:09 PM »
I don't know MT, but seeing he is an employee of the club does he need to be a member to run?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #335 on: November 09, 2004, 05:34:34 PM »
I don't know MT, but seeing he is an employee of the club does he need to be a member to run?

Yep FF, he would need to be a 2004 RFC member.

8.2   Election of Board

8.2.3 (a)   Where not inconsistent with the provisions hereinbefore contained, all nominations of members of the Board shall be in writing and signed by the candidate who shall be a member of the Club, and by two Ordinary Members of the Club, (other than Junior Members) and shall be delivered to the General Manager or Secretary not later than 8pm on a day twenty one (21) days before the Annual General Meeting.  Nominations may be withdrawn in writing not later than five clear days prior to the date of election.

8.2.12   A member who is a Junior Member, Gaming Member, Associate Member, Visiting Member or Authorised Gaming Visitor only, shall not be eligible to stand for election for a position on the Board.

Ox

« Reply #336 on: November 09, 2004, 05:34:58 PM »
Miller will be president in 5 years

Bulluss

« Reply #337 on: November 09, 2004, 10:03:47 PM »
i would think that Miller is a member of the club, you would be surprised at some of the names.

I bet that Frawley will be a member next season also ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Finally - Tigers off to the Polls
« Reply #338 on: November 10, 2004, 04:45:25 PM »
Tigers off to the polls

richmondfc.com.au
4:13:08 PM Wed 10 November, 2004

The Richmond Football Club today announced that its Annual General Meeting will be held on December 22, 2004 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Melbourne. A notice of meeting will be issued shortly to all RFC members.

At that meeting, all Board positions will be up for election. This means there will be nine Board vacancies to be filled.

All documentation, voting papers and procedures will be undertaken in accordance with the Club’s constitution. Postal voting for the election, which is a constitutional requirement, will be held between close of nominations of directors on 1 December and and December 17, 2004.

Under the terms of the constitution, nominations for Board positions must close only 21 days prior to the meeting. This is a tight time-frame with which to distribute voting papers and conduct the election, but that is the basis upon which the constitution is founded.
Further information and formal notices will be sent to members shortly.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=featurestories&spg=display&articleid=177311
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Finally - Tigers off to the Polls
« Reply #339 on: November 10, 2004, 05:15:58 PM »
At that meeting, all Board positions will be up for election. This means there will be nine Board vacancies to be filled.

Am I dreaming. :)
An election with no restrictions placed on the members as to how they can vote.  :thumbsup Surely there must be a catch.

Congratulations to all parties for arriving at the right outcome. (Assuming the statement says it all)

At the Grand Hyatt eh. I'm sure if enough ferals turn up it could be downgraded to 3 or 4 star status. 8)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #340 on: November 10, 2004, 05:34:55 PM »

This provides the best opportunity possible to remove any doubts about those on the Board.

And the best part is that the members get to decide.  :cheers :birthday :thumbsup :santa

Let’s hope it’s not a dream FishFinger. Would be good if we could know now who the candidates will be. As it is, it’s a bit like getting an early Christmas present that you’re not allowed to open.  Hope it doesn’t turn out to be socks, jocks and hankies.  :santa
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #341 on: November 10, 2004, 06:39:31 PM »
Good to hear the members will be the ones who'll have the final say and can pick and choose the candidates they want. Commonsense has prevailed  :cheers.

No wastage of $60K either on a EGM. I assume that's now irrelevant. It should be.

I presume TS that most of the current board and the alternative ticket will run as candidates. It'll be interesting to see if any independents now put their hand up.

Life goes on

« Reply #342 on: November 10, 2004, 11:03:58 PM »
What about the name Mariner as in Davids son  ;)
Going to have a split board again

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Alternative ticket still want a senate style vote
« Reply #343 on: November 11, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »
Going to have a split board again

Not if the alternative ticket get their way of a ticket vote  >:( ::).

--------------------------------------------

Tigers' board spill
10 November 2004   
Herald Sun
Mark Stevens

THE battle for power at Richmond is about to flare again after confirmation yesterday that all positions on the club's board will be up for grabs at a December 22 annual general meeting.

All board members – including president Clinton Casey – have agreed to let the supporters decide their future.

Aspiring president Charles Macek, leader of the rebel ticket, hopes to sweep to power by getting his entire ticket of nine candidates over the line in a members' vote.

Postal voting will be held between close of nominations of directors on December 1 and December 17.

Further information and formal notices will be sent to members soon.

Under the terms of the constitution, nominations for board positions must close 21 days prior to the meeting.

Casey yesterday vowed to fight.

He said the club had taken significant strides forward in terms of restructuring – including the recruitment of coach Terry Wallace and chief executive Steven Wright.

Casey said he had yet to see any plans for the future from the opposing group. "I think I am the best person to take the club forward," he said.

Macek last night said he was pleased to receive official confirmation there would be a complete spill of board positions.

Macek and his group will continue to push for a senate-style ballot form where members would basically get to choose between both groups.

There would also be scope to vote for independents, but Macek is keen to avoid a board comprising members of both factions. "It would give us the best chance to be a united team – otherwise we could get a very hybrid board," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,11350242%255E19771,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Alternative ticket still want a senate style vote
« Reply #344 on: November 11, 2004, 12:42:56 AM »
Macek and his group will continue to push for a senate-style ballot form where members would basically get to choose between both groups.

There would also be scope to vote for independents, but Macek is keen to avoid a board comprising members of both factions. "It would give us the best chance to be a united team – otherwise we could get a very hybrid board," he said.

I cannot believe after getting the full board election they wanted, the alternative ticket are still not satisfied. What a joke!  ::)

It is my right and every members right under the Club's constitution to vote for and pick the best individual candidates available. I would've thought if you had the best interests of the Club at heart you wouldn't put what's best for a faction ahead of the Club  ::). If any candidate(s) can't accept that we the members can judge for ourselves what's best for the Club and instead want to shotgun over us then they can take a hike. It this sort of crap that's screwed the RFC all these years  >:(.