Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 57710 times)

froars

Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #435 on: December 01, 2004, 02:31:39 AM »
Geoff Raines then phoned and guess what he made sense   

As a father he said he was very impressed with how his some has been looked after since he went to the CLub and as a past player he said he hoped that all these blokes backing the alternatives or Casey's ticket had done the "due dilligence" before making their choice and had not just based their views on the fact the club had finshed last

Boy, is he going to have to reassess this statement next year lol  :rollin  ;)

froars

« Reply #436 on: December 01, 2004, 03:42:11 AM »
Woosha countered by saying CC is an Essendon supporter
Woosha, where was Bryan Wood when the Tiges were going down the gurgler in the late '80s/'90s?
Not helping his old club out that's for sure.
Do you remember Woody deserting this club he luvs in the '80s - where did he go to?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #437 on: December 01, 2004, 03:46:00 AM »
Geoff Raines then phoned and guess what he made sense   

As a father he said he was very impressed with how his some has been looked after since he went to the CLub and as a past player he said he hoped that all these blokes backing the alternatives or Casey's ticket had done the "due dilligence" before making their choice and had not just based their views on the fact the club had finshed last

Boy, is he going to have to reassess this statement next year lol  :rollin  ;)

:rollin  :lol  ;)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #438 on: December 01, 2004, 05:02:46 AM »
Any chance we can turn this into a Cambo bashing thread so we can get some input from JohnF lol  :rollin
Interested in your thoughts JF!

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #439 on: December 01, 2004, 07:59:54 AM »
Nearly choked on my cornflakes this morning when I saw that one of the "pillars" was FANS. Have Schwab and co spoken to any fans...have they checked out how we feel?

They treat us with such disdain that they think (hope) that by dragging out club legends to support them that we will blindly vote for them regardless of what they have to offer.

Tell me HOW , not give me motherhood statements - Alternative:

Build a membership base of 40,000 - DOH! Casey's regime is the only regime to do anything postive re membership initiatives....reward and recognition etc. Does this mean that the Alternative will start talking to members rather than coterie groups and past players?

Ensure an average attendance of 40,000 - how???? Playing good competitive footy will help...wait a minute isn't this what Wallace has told us already that we'll do.

Generate blockbuster crowds of 60,000
- see above.

and so it goes on. Not one word of how any of this will be achieved. Give me a break.

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #440 on: December 01, 2004, 08:15:12 AM »
And another thing - boy am I mad this morning.

All this talk that the current board has had five years to turn things around and therefore it's time to go....HELLO! What has any other board done to turn to things around, what has Schwab done, or Macek or Welsh or Humphris? We've been a basketcase for over 20 years - long before Casey got there. Don't these people get it :banghead.

Finally I can see changes that I think will make a difference and I'm now scared witless that we're about to go back to the past. Back to a conservative, take no risks board, back to a sacking a coach if things don't go according to plans etc etc etc.

Oh well, at least they can all sit around talking about the good old days! I'm sick of looking back - let's start talking about the bright new future!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #441 on: December 01, 2004, 09:14:15 AM »
I am alot calmer this morning - that's only because I haven't read the HUN. I have read the Age but Caro unfortuantely, for me at least, has very little or no credibility on this topic now because her continued bias towards the alternative shines like a beacon.

I will be perfectly honest up until yesterday I had penciled in Bryan Wood as someone from the alternative that I was considering voting for. After yesterday afternoons effort on SEN - he has lost me completely.

To make statements that were blatantly untrue clearly showed he had/has no idea of the facts - I cannot vote for anyone who is not aware of the facts. Scare mongering and persoanl attacks don't win elections - they alienate.

I am not disputing that the Club has lost money over the last 5 years but to say as Wood did yesterday that the Club has lost money every year Casey has been president is a not true. The annual reports clearly show that. FACT

And another thing - boy am I mad this morning.

Don't blame you.

Finally I can see changes that I think will make a difference and I'm now scared witless that we're about to go back to the past. Back to a conservative, take no risks board, back to a sacking a coach if things don't go according to plans etc etc etc.

Oh well, at least they can all sit around talking about the good old days! I'm sick of looking back - let's start talking about the bright new future!

I think that is the thing that scares most of us bg25 - 20+ years we have been a rabble. The deep seated problems of this Club have been hidden away time and time again. Whether it be because of a finals appearance and some false hope that we were about to be a force again or because we were rattling tins because we faced extinction the problems have been the same and no one has bothered to try and fix them.

Finally those problems are being addressed and now we face it all being stripped away.  :banghead :banghead

Woosha countered by saying CC is an Essendon supporter
Woosha, where was Bryan Wood when the Tiges were going down the gurgler in the late '80s/'90s?
Not helping his old club out that's for sure.
Do you remember Woody deserting this club he luvs in the '80s - where did he go to?

Wood was running around being the runner for Essendon no less.

So Casey was a coterie member at the Dons - used it as part of his business to entertain clients (I've been told) - big bloody deal >:( Businesses do it all the time - if that's the best you can do fellows then you really are deseprate beyond belief.

As they become more desperate their talk is becoming very spiteful and personal. By all means argue for change based on Casey's on and off-field record in his time in office but to go on about all this 'Essendon supporter' crap is disgraceful IMHO.

It's a bit like kids fighting over the last piece of birthday cake ::)

As I said these continual personal attacks on Casey are a joke - actual they are boring. I am starting to wonder if the BIG4 have any idea who else is on the board at the moment because they don't seem to know their names at all :help :banghead

Finally, Greg Miller was Sport927 this morning as was Charles who's obviously back in Australia as soon as the links are available they will be posted

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: December 01, 2004, 10:03:59 AM »

Me too bg25.  I couldn’t stand it.  When we finally look like we’re finally getting somewhere, something like this comes along that could potentially throw a spanner in the works.

I really think the changes to the list, the players we now have and the new environment being created can allow the players to get the best out of themselves.  But if this goes horribly wrong, we could just end up back where we’ve been all these years.  How cruel would that be?  :banghead
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #443 on: December 01, 2004, 10:14:57 AM »
Heard on SEN this morning that apparently the Alternative ticket's papers have been rejected by the Returning Officer (?) or whoever it is that oversees these things.

This is the mail out members will get of all the candidates who have nominated for election to the Board.

They apparently have to do theirs over again before they will be accepted as conforming to the guidelines of acceptable material to go out to members.

Hope this doesn't delay things and so members have less time in which to make their decision on who they will vote for.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #444 on: December 01, 2004, 02:17:16 PM »
Heard on SEN this morning that apparently the Alternative ticket's papers have been rejected by the Returning Officer (?) or whoever it is that oversees these things.

This is the mail out members will get of all the candidates who have nominated for election to the Board.

They apparently have to do theirs over again before they will be accepted as conforming to the guidelines of acceptable material to go out to members.

Hope this doesn't delay things and so members have less time in which to make their decision on who they will vote for.

Yep the alternative ticket's pamphlets have been rejected by PWC who are independently auditing the election on behalf of the Returning Officer. You can't bag your opponents. You must only state what you offer the Club in reference to facts. Brendan would know this being on the governance subcommittee for over 5 years.

Schwab was on SEN again today this time blaming the current board for the alternative's stuff up saying Casey was basically trying to rig the election by blocking the alternative's info. Said not many people voting last time was Casey's fault and he's trying to do it again. Good excuse for you Brendan. Once again you fail to accept any responsibility for own failings ::) :sleep. He also got the day wrong for closing nominations as he said these one page summaries were being sent out today. Don Lord then rang in afterwards saying nominees have until 8pm today so how could the Club send off these the nominees summaries before that and that the alternative still have time to fix their's.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #445 on: December 01, 2004, 02:41:31 PM »
Schwab was on SEN again today this time blaming the current board for the alternative's stuff up saying Casey was basically trying to rig the election by blocking the alternative's info. Said not many people voting last time was Casey's fault and he's trying to do it again. Good excuse for you Brendan. Once again you fail to accept any responsibility for own failings ::) :sleep. He also got the day wrong for closing nominations as he said these one page summaries were being sent out today. Don Lord then rang in afterwards saying nominees have until 8pm today so how could the Club send off these the nominees summaries before that and that the alternative still have time to fix their's.

Yes Charlie Macek was rambling on about the same thing this morning on Sport927 (the link is on another thread). He said the current board were refusing to post out thier info as was the "so called independant election officer".

Excuse me the consitution is very clear 1 A4 page per individual nominee - it aint that difficult - pretty simple actually I would have thought.

Any chance we can get an more examples of their incompetence before the weeks out?

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #446 on: December 01, 2004, 02:50:40 PM »
Geez it was Clinton's fault that he didn't check whether Rex was a member or not! But hell obviously it was also up to Clinton as well to check out what info would be accepted by the Returning Officer and then inform the alternatives. Got news for you Brendan - GET OFF YOUR ARSE and check out something for your self. Quite happy to point the finger aren't you :banghead :banghead

I tell you Clinton's obviously got those WMDs hidden down at Punt Rd somewhere, cause he sure is responsible for everything else.

God help me if these people are put in charge of running the club - they can't even run their friggin election campaign.

Getting madder :banghead :banghead :banghead

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #447 on: December 01, 2004, 03:09:54 PM »

I tell you Clinton's obviously got those WMDs hidden down at Punt Rd somewhere, cause he sure is responsible for everything else.

Does this mean we may have found Osama  :help

I am waiting for that one next  ;D
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 03:38:06 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #448 on: December 01, 2004, 04:48:22 PM »

The $2m dollar loss left me in shock but the teamwork of Wright, Miller and Wallace over the past few months along with our new stack of kids has me in awe  :thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #449 on: December 01, 2004, 04:56:01 PM »
The $2m dollar loss left me in shock but the teamwork of Wright, Miller and Wallace over the past few months along with our new stack of kids has me in awe  :thumbsup

:thumbsup :thumbsup good stuff MT

Did you know it's been rainign today and it's all Clinton Casey's fault - it's a disgrace really ;D