Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 57934 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2004, 09:04:27 AM »
We've reached rock bottom you say Ian...me thinks not. I think that may have been when I stood on the street corner rattling cans to Save Our Skins! And why were we rattling tins...cause you and your administration basically sent us broke in your stupid mine's bigger than yours fight with the Pies. I almost choked on my breakfast when reading your crap and why doesn't your darling daughter ever mention any of the shortcomings of yours or your cronies administrations.

Look at who we lost on your watch....Wood, Cloke, Raines, Taylor and look at the nuff, nuffs we got in return, Phillip Walsh, Craig Stewart...need I go on. The rot started setting in from about 1983....no players, no money, poohe clubrooms, social club etc.

Ian running a club's just a tad different than in your day, for a start they're $25 million businesses. There's also a little thing called the DRAFT...no more bullying and open cheque books, which knowing the way you operated is probably a good thing.

I agree with Clinton on one thing....let the MEMBERS decide. Is the alternative ticket too scared to go to the members? It would appear so and that's why they are getting increasingly desperate! Rob Slade was on SEN this morning spouting more of the same crap and offering nothing new.

If one more person says that the majority of members are in favour of the alternative I'll  :scream.

Am I angry - YES!!!!!

Excellent post bg25.

100% spot on - agree 300%

And like you I am very very angry. >:(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2004, 09:26:07 AM »
I am totally amazed.
Anyone with HALF a BRAIN would know that he Wilson stuffed the joint. FACT not Fiction !  Ian Wilson was the person who bought PREMIERSHIPS   $$$$$$$ and ran the club into the ground.
Question is why is there so many brain dead people around :banghead

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2004, 10:20:49 AM »
:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

I reckon that if I bang my head on this wall for long enough that, pretty soon, I'll be totally numb to the pain.  :banghead :banghead

Why should any of us become members?  >:( >:( >:( >:(  What does it give us?  Apart from burning a dirty great hole in our pockets, it gives us nothing.

In terms of it saving me money, as a 17 game, reserve seat member, I’d be better off just paying at the gate each week.

In terms of access to Grand Final tickets, it guarantees nothing.

In terms of ensuring that the history and traditions of the Club are maintained, it gives me nothing. Not when we have dictators at AFL headquarters telling us how to run our Club, in areas that should have nothing to do with them.

And in terms of giving me a say in how the Club is run, again, it gives me nothing.  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Not while people like Schwab, Macek and Slade are running around making up our minds for us.

Well, I tell you what.  How about all us members forget membership and let all you people with money support RFC financially, on behalf of us members, seeing as you seem to be the only ones who regularly get to have a say.

No more you morons.  I want my say, coz me and every other Richmond member deserves to have their say.

If in fact members don’t want Casey as President then we can vote him and all the other Directors out at the next AGM, because they have all put themselves up for re-election.

We don’t need past players, presidents, coterie members and anyone else telling us what we want.  We know what we want.  We want our say and we don’t want others saying it for us.

What is the problem here?  The entire Board has put itself up for re-election this AGM, we can all have our say then. Why do we have minority groups having their say on behalf of the majority?  Who and what gives them the right to speak for all members?

Why won’t Macek, Schwab and any others put themselves up for election?  Because they know they won’t get elected?
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Jackstar

« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2004, 10:24:08 AM »
Great post Tiger Spirit :thumbsup

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2004, 11:06:38 AM »
:thumbsup Jackstar.

Well done to everyone on this thread.  We all have the interests of RFC at heart, but we need decisions to be made for the long-term, best interests of RFC, not for just today and not just to ease the pressure.

As well meaning as Macek, Schwab, Slade and Wilson might think they are, they are, in actual fact, the very reason why our footy club is in the position it is in.

Because, for years, the short-sighted decision-making by minority groups has spoken for the majority.  And their decisions have been made high on emotion and low on commonsense and logic.  And there are many examples on this thread that highlight that point.

We’re all upset at where we are at the moment, but it is not Casey that is the problem with this footy club.  When Danny was coach he was the problem.  Now that he is not there, Casey is the problem.  All these people want is someone to blame.

What they don’t see is that they are to blame because of how short-sighted decisions continue to be made.

And us members are at fault if we continue to let it happen.

There is absolutely no need for any rival tickets or calls for the President's head, because there is an election coming up and we can all decide the fate of Directors at that time.

To make any calls now is to go down the same track we have for way too long.  If that happens we can be assured that the trend will continue.

Please – wake up RFC members.

Jackstar

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2004, 12:20:45 PM »
This is something of a novelty, TWO great posts in a row Tiger Spirit  :thumbsup :thumbsup
No wonder this is the leading Tiger forum on the internet ;)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2004, 12:25:10 PM »
I agree with what you are saying Spirit, in terms of letting the members decide.  But IMO most members would not know who the best candidate for the board would be.  Alot of current members wouldn't even know who is presently on the board and what their areas of expertise are.  

If a spill of the board was to occur and the members were to elect the candidates at the AGM, I would have great doubts that the best people would be elected.  The election would be based on popularity of the candidate and based on a pamphlet in the mail which would consist of re-hashed spindoctoring about how this person is passionate about the club and how he will ressurect the club.  

All I'm saying is alot of the members would not be informed enough to make the right decision as to who and what mix of people should be on the board.  Members are basically football and Richmond supporters, not shareholders and do not take an active and vested interest in the financial side of the club.  It could end up where the majority of the board are made up of former players and media people as the members would have a certain connection with them.

At the end of the day, I beleive a successful president and board is brought along by trial and error.  A board and a president should be given enough time to succeed and if they do, they remain.  If they don't they are then replaced with a viable new board made up of the right mix of well credentialled people, and they are then given enough time to succeed.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

froars

« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2004, 12:30:50 PM »
The members aren't fools Harry - but are being treated like they are by saying we wouldn't know one bloke from the other.
In this new world of technology, newspapers, radio talkback, great internet sites like this, they should be able to formulate their own views on the more than enough information floating around.
And the RFC has its own web site, access to email, post and every other form of communication going for it.  How hard is it to put info on the board on every candidate.
We're all voting in a federal election soon - how many constituents really know who they're voting for?  Not many i'm thinking, but democracy still takes place and they get to have their say.

froars

« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2004, 12:37:42 PM »
Anyone know the dates that nominations for the board election start and what's the last date they can be accepted?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2004, 01:14:24 PM »
The members aren't fools Harry - but are being treated like they are by saying we wouldn't know one bloke from the other.
In this new world of technology, newspapers, radio talkback, great internet sites like this, they should be able to formulate their own views on the more than enough information floating around.
And the RFC has its own web site, access to email, post and every other form of communication going for it.  How hard is it to put info on the board on every candidate.
We're all voting in a federal election soon - how many constituents really know who they're voting for?  Not many i'm thinking, but democracy still takes place and they get to have their say.

I agree Froars, but anything can be written up in the papers and on the net.  Just today there were 2 articles - one saying the current board supports Casey and the other saying they were against him.  Who do you beleive ?  Who do you think the RFC website will promote ?  The RFC website should be the last place you should gain information from.  All I'm saying is every media outlet and website has its own agenda.  You still won't make an informed decision if you gathered you information from these sources.  Propoganda is the strongest tool in every power struggle. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

froars

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2004, 01:21:56 PM »
Yep, but the people who don't know will either vote for one faction or the other.
And the informed - like us lol - will make the good judgment votes.  Not because the rest of the supporters are dumb or anything, just because that's usually how it goes in any election.  The swinging voters usually decide an election, based upon no loyalties and weighing up the facts properly.

froars

« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2004, 01:49:12 PM »
And Clinton will get support from some supporters who like the fact that a new coach has been appointed, new CEO, etc.
I don't know if people like the President's men (aka high flyers and faceless men) would have such an influence on supporters saying you should vote one way or the other.  I - and i'm sure there's many others - mistrust these kinds of people.  They generally have agendas of their own and people will be on guard.  I think if Miller though came out and said something about what he thought, I think ppl would listen to him.  Interesting times ahead.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2004, 01:53:46 PM »
I agree Froars, but anything can be written up in the papers and on the net. Just today there were 2 articles - one saying the current board supports Casey and the other saying they were against him. Who do you beleive ? Who do you think the RFC website will promote ? The RFC website should be the last place you should gain information from. All I'm saying is every media outlet and website has its own agenda. You still won't make an informed decision if you gathered you information from these sources. Propoganda is the strongest tool in every power struggle.

That’s exactly why I’m pushing for us members to support what is in the long-term best interests of the Club, HarryH.  And a real and proper election is in the best interests of our Club and will allow us to take back control and stop these rebel rousers coming in and controlling things.

So let’s forget Casey, Schwab and all the people and personalities involved and think of the Richmond Football Club, first and foremost. That’s all we need to do here to right this ship.  Put all that other stuff aside.  It is all political based, biased and just plain propaganda.

So just think of what is best for the long-term future of our footy club.  These people, whoever they are, don’t actually care for Richmond, even though they think they do and tell us they do, but all they really care about is what’s in it for them.

And us being sheep, have been following these trumped up, ego-maniacal sods, for years, as if they’re gonna come and save us. They're not. Let go of that fantasy, because it ain’t gonna happen.  Never has.

By us continually going down this track, we are responsible for destroying the very soul of this footy Club.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 04:34:30 PM by Tiger Spirit »

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2004, 04:07:25 PM »

I've seen TWO premierships in my lifetime while Ian Wilson was president. I've seen a wooden spoon under Casey.

It staggers me to read a lot of ppl posting abuse at a Tiger legend who brought us so much success as president. Some ppl have no respect for the club's history.

Making a case for supporting Casey is one thing, but abusing legends from our history is not the Richmond way.

Matty Knights and Benny Gale have also come out against Clinton Casey. I'd hate to see anyone posting abuse about them as well.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2004, 04:11:20 PM »
I am totally amazed.
Anyone with HALF a BRAIN would know that he Wilson stuffed the joint. FACT not Fiction !  Ian Wilson was the person who bought PREMIERSHIPS   $$$$$$$ and ran the club into the ground.
Question is why is there so many brain dead people around :banghead

Someone that proudly posts that he went to school with Casey has no credibility on this topic.

If Tom Hafey, Rex Hunt, Michael Roach and Royce Hart come out against Casey, you'll abuse their place in the RFC history as well.

The facts of the matter are Wilson 2 premierships. Casey No premierships, wooden spoon and has lost just as much money.

And Ian Wilson has never owned a Bombers membership. You'll have a hard time proving Casey never owned one either.