Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 57848 times)

Jackstar

Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2004, 12:00:02 PM »
Macek  a leader, your dreaming :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2004, 12:00:17 PM »
Schwab, Welsh and Humphris have all been part of decisions in the past.DONT FORGET !

Jack - fair dinkum haven't you been reading the crap in the papers :o :banghead - it wasn't their fault and they ignore the past because they aren't big on taking repsonsibility but massive on pointing the finger - you shouldn't forget that ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar

« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2004, 12:04:28 PM »
Oh I have missed something here, sorry I have been on the moon for the past 10 years but didnt Schwab and Welsh resign from the board :banghead

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2004, 12:05:31 PM »
Macek  a leader, your dreaming :banghead

A corporate leader. Yes he is. Do your homework.

A footy club leader? That's yet to be determined. But what I do know already, is that Casey is not. A leader that loses the club money, takes it back on the same path the club was in in the 80s, losing money, not able to recruit top players. Yes, he's proven to be a crap leader.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone could do better than this clown

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2004, 12:06:06 PM »
Oh I have missed something here, sorry I have been on the moon for the past 10 years but didnt Schwab and Welsh resign from the board :banghead

Yeah they did and you not what at the time of his resignation Mr Welsh said he didn't have time and there was nothing sinister in his decision - now he has plenty of time - yippee We're saved  :banghead :gobdrop :help :shh >:(

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2004, 12:06:24 PM »
Yeah and Ian Campbell was head of NIKE.   ::)

And who hired Ian Campbell? It was CASEY.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2004, 12:11:02 PM »

A footy club leader? That's yet to be determined. But what I do know already, is that Casey is not. A leader that loses the club money, takes it back on the same path the club was in in the 80s, losing money, not able to recruit top players. Yes, he's proven to be a crap leader.

So is the fact that in the last year Macek was on the board the club lost $800k is ot relevant. Though, I am sure Charles will tell us he was only on the board for part of the year and it aint his fault.

If anyone can do better than Casey - does that mean you'd vote for me 1980 :cheers

Jackstar

« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2004, 12:10:03 PM »
On the AFL recommendation too. Campbell was a corporate guru  too
Hey 1980, if you are so passionate  about the alternative ticket, go and meet you humble leader in Macek and draw an opinion from that, I am sure you will be impressed. ;)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2004, 12:13:14 PM »

If anyone can do better than Casey - does that mean you'd vote for me 1980 :cheers

Yes I would. In fact, if you make a run, let me know what its going to cost you. You can put me down as one of your sponsers.

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2004, 12:15:18 PM »
On the AFL recommendation too. Campbell was a corporate guru  too
Hey 1980, if you are so passionate  about the alternative ticket, go and meet you humble leader in Macek and draw an opinion from that, I am sure you will be impressed. ;)

On the AFL recommendation? Get a grip. What sort of leadership is that to take the recommendation of the AFL and not even interview the candidate yourself? You call that leadership? You call that running a club properly?

I dont need to meet Macek. I've seen enough of Casey, and thats enough for me.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2004, 12:24:13 PM »

And who hired Ian Campbell? It was CASEY.

And who hired Greg Miller - and it wasn't Brendan Schwab - that's right it was Casey.

Who hired steven Wright - who everone I have spoken to says is (so far) excellent?

And I remember listening to both Nathan Brown and more recently Terry Wallace speak of Casey in excellent terms, with both saying that the way he conducted himself and as a result how the Club conducted and presented itself was first rate.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2004, 12:28:14 PM »
And this is a serious question ....

What happens if Casey, Macek & schwab get elected?

Do they  spit the dummy and resign seeing they probably wont work together and then we get back to this situation where the board appoint people (as they are allowed to under our constitution) or do we have to have another election and spend another $60K we don't have?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2004, 12:52:11 PM »

I am happy to have an election HarryH but I want to be able to vote for who I want - not tickets that contain a variety of "nuff nuffs" and cartoon characters

I'm not quite sure how the election will work, maybe someone can clarify.  Do we elect individuals, or do we elect one board against the other.

Either way, you simply vote for who you want.  If you're happy with Casey and his group then you vote for them.  If not you vote for the Macek and the other group.  This is how democracy works.

You might be happy with Casey and his group but I'm sure that others aren't and are quite impressed with the alternatives.  I know the alternatives have alot of support and have the right, or can demand the right to an election, whether some people like it or not.

Casey has failed and failed in a massive way.  We are broke and we are the current spooners.  If this doesn't warrant an election I don't know what does.

Bring on the elections.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »
Firsty yes we lost a bucket load of money byt we're a NOT broke! We are in debt by approx 600K. In a $20-25 million business that should be managable. If you just take Otto's salary out we've almost already back to square  ;).

At a normal AGM election, if there were challenges then we would vote individuals in (the ballot paper has the candidates listed in alphabetcial order).

At a EGM we vote on whatever is contained within the alternative's proposition that forced the EGM. It'll be interesting to see how that is worded and whether it's written as a change  in one go (current board out, alternative in) or if there's a need for a further election down the track. The impression I got from Schwab today was that he seemed to want a ticket vote but there's nothing in the constitution about voting in groups; only individuals.

I want an election but I'm concerned about a EGM as the voting is confined to the terms of the proposition that forced the EGM. Well that's my understanding.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2004, 01:15:24 PM »
You might be happy with Casey and his group but I'm sure that others aren't and are quite impressed with the alternatives. I know the alternatives have alot of support and have the right, or can demand the right to an election, whether some people like it or not.

Ok then, if anyone can let me in on the big secret and please let me know why people would support the alternative ticket I’d appreciate it.  Because it’s got me absolutely stumped.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.