Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 57814 times)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2004, 04:22:57 PM »

I was trying to highlight that while it is easy to criticise Casey and blame him for everything - there have been correct decisions and more importantly he and his board have a plan in place that will get us out of the mire - the fact is the AFL have backed this business plan and this point is importnat to me.

Not for one minute will I hold Greg Miller as the only reason that Casey is doing a good job. He has made some horrendous mistakes but compared to the alternative - well ... they still have given me one reason to support them. I am still waiting on their plan.

You're pledging your support to Casey because the others dont have a plan. Lets apply that right across the club.

1) We shouldnt cut players from the list until we have already secured new ones that have a plan.

2) We shouldnt sack coaches and assistant coaches until we have already interviewed ones that have a better plan

3) We shouldnt replace a president that stuffs up everything he can possibly stuff up on & off the field until a new one comes along that has a better plan.

Stuff that. I support sacking Frawley for not performing in his job as coach and winning us a wooden spoon, delisting crap players that are not AFL standard, and sacking the president that put the club back into the red.

Dont know what you do for a living WP, but I'd seriously be interested to work for you. I'd love to sit there and stuff everything up, and when you come over to have a word with me, tell you that you cant fire me until you find someone better that has a better plan.  :P

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2004, 04:28:07 PM »
:cheers Jackstar.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Jackstar

« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2004, 04:30:15 PM »
I reckon we have a current board that is ordinary and has made mistakes and are fixing them and a alternative ticket with little or no idea.
Take your pick!
Pretty simple actually !

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2004, 04:36:30 PM »
You're pledging your support to Casey because the others dont have a plan. Lets apply that right across the club.

I will support the current board 1980, because the alternative has given me no and I mean no reason to do otherwise. I want a viable alternative - where is it?

1) We shouldnt cut players from the list until we have already secured new ones that have a plan.

We cut players because we do have a plan - it called getting new ones ;D

Dont know what you do for a living WP, but I'd seriously be interested to work for you.

No you wouldn't 1980 - they tell me I am a tyrant.  ;)

And what do I do for a living? Clearly not much because of the amount of time I spending posting here :thumbsup but I do spend a fair bit of time fixing others mistakes ;)

I put this question to you 1980 - I know you are anti Casey. But can you tell me what the alternative mob is going to do to fix things and why you believe they are the answer?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 04:52:08 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2004, 04:37:31 PM »
I reckon we have a current board that is ordinary and has made mistakes and are fixing them and a alternative ticket with little or no idea.
Take your pick!
Pretty simple actually !

That's what I have been trying to say :bow thanks Jack :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2004, 04:43:30 PM »

That’s all well and good that we get the big bad meanies out of RFC, but then what?  What would life be like under this alternative ticket?  Perhaps we’ve already had a sneak preview and that’s my biggest concern.  Replacing one group of people with little idea with another that has absolutely no idea isn’t really the sort of change we’re after.  Is it?

If the way they have gone about this alternative ticket is anything to go by then I won’t expect too much from their plans.  Even if they have an amazing plan, I still wouldn’t have the confidence in them to be able to carry it out.

To now, all they have done is show that they are directionless, without vision and not even living in the real world.

The problem I have is that the reasons provided always seem to be fear-based and give me nothing to say that I should support the alternative ticket, because they are better placed and equipped to take RFC into the future.

In fact, because of the way they have handled things, they give the opposite impression.  They can’t operate in the environment they’re in so they up and leave.  If they’re not big enough to deal with Casey then how does anyone expect them to deal with the bigger egos they would be confronted with in the AFL world?

With these people at the helm, RFC will be like a walking door mat and just get walked all over and pushed around by the AFL and other League clubs.

If we’re going to throw out what’s already there then I want something that tells me they are a better option, otherwise why go through all this drama when things will be no better?  Where’s their capacity to create positive change when all they are doing is creating more division.  Which is something we’re badly in need of here at Richmond.  And if that’s their idea of positive change and creating unity then they can have it to themselves.

With the amount of time it’s taken for them to get anything happening and all the drama and upheaval they have created these past few months, it makes you wonder how serious they really are and where they’re priorities are.  Having such people in place, who give you no confidence that they know what a plan or direction even is and how to methodically carry it out, is massive cause for concern in my book.

I still don’t believe the alternative has any idea what they are doing and that they have what it takes to do any better than what is already there.  So I’ll take my chances with the current Board and know that there is an election every year where I can have my say.

If people like Schwab and co would stop interfering with the normal way of running our footy club then we wouldn’t need to be going through any of this.  They are just perpetuating the old Richmond and so they’ll never ever get my vote.

:bow :bow :bow :cheers

Well said TS - very well said  :cheers

RonBranton

« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2004, 04:55:01 PM »
Tiger Spirit - don't get sucked in by Jackstar's fawning - he loves anyone who supports his position ::)

I think that you are being a tad hard on the Macek group - it's a bit difficult to have a smooth and seamless transition to a new board if the incumbants dig in, and it's also difficult to expound your plans whilst being denied oxygen.

My attitude is not to put up the barricades on behalf of a failed and obviously flawed board and president. Why not hear what the alternatives have to say? Why do you judge them so harshly before you read their manifesto? Are you so happy with the current situation that you don't want to even give these guys their day in court so to speak?

So far the only defence of the current board that I've heard is that the new guys are recycled and they have no plan. If two of them left because the president is a dictator and they thought the corporate governance was bad - that's a good reason to leave. They can come back - if they felt he's bad for the club maybe it's their duty to come back and kick him out.  

I'm personally amazed why so many people are supporting a failed board - 5 years of failure - they are the weakest link - but I'm still waiting to decide.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 05:01:18 PM by RonBranton »

RonBranton

« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2004, 04:59:38 PM »

ditto for WP ..............................lol .....just kiddin"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2004, 05:05:20 PM »

My attitude is not to put up the barricades on behalf of a failed and obviously flawed borad and president. Why not hear what the alternatives have to say? Why do you judge them so harshly before you read their manifesto? Are you so happy with the current situation that you don't want to even give these guys their day in court so to speak?

I understand what you are saying RonBranton but what you highlight is what annoys me. They have been bumbling around for months and told us what's wrong and whos to blame but they haven't once given anybody any idea of how they going to fix things. We sit and wait and then we wait somemore - have Caro throw us a few scraps  ;).

So far the only defence of the current board that I've heard is that the new guys are recycled and they have no plan. If two of them left because the president is a dictator and they thought the corporate governance was bad - that's a good reason to leave.

If the governance was so "bad" as one has claimed why didn't they go to a higher authroity Ron? Corporations Law is very specific when it comes to grievances. As for number 2 - well he didn't have the time Ron - nothing sinister there.

I'm personally amazed why so many people are supporting a failed board - 5 years of failure - they are the weakest link - but I'm still waiting to decide.

Ron please don't forget that the 2 who quit are a party to that failure - they were both on the board for 4 of the past 5 years. They are part of your weakest link

ditto for WP ..............................lol .....just kiddin"

Too late Ron ;D

froars

« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2004, 05:07:22 PM »
Ronnie maaaaate,

How can i vote for a block of nine and, say, one Independent - that adds up to 10.
I want my choice of individuals, or there'll be trouble lol.
Why do they have to hold each other's hands - if they're such hot shots, they should be able to stand alone!

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2004, 05:08:38 PM »
Take your pick!
Pretty simple actually !

That's what 1980, myself and others are also saying.  For members to have their pick via an election.

Bring on the election.  
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

RonBranton

« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2004, 05:13:33 PM »
froaaaasie

I guess I was trying to say that they might decide to have a ballot paper that is like the vote for the senate (you do vote don't you - yes and I know who for) where they allow you to vote above or below the line. Tick once if you prefer either "group" or tick 9 times if you want to vote for individuals.

As we have a group wanting to present as a block I'm just assuming that the RFC can determine how the election is run. Maybe we will have to put 9 numbers in and follow the recomendation of the groups if we want to or vote all over the place if we don't.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 05:20:11 PM by RonBranton »

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2004, 05:21:54 PM »
Tiger Spirit - don't get sucked in by Jackstar's fawning - he loves anyone who supports his position ::)

Oh, why not RonB?  I’m not one to dismiss a compliment, however it comes my way.  I may never get another one.

I think that you are being a tad hard on the Macek group - it's a bit difficult …

That’s their whole problem, they think it’s all a walk in the park and aren’t ready for what’s coming their way.  They leave the Board when they would have been better placed staying on it.  I could go on and on, but I think you know what I mean.  They just don’t show good leadership qualities to me.

And I’m not so blinkered in my views that if they suddenly come across as knowing what they are doing that I will bite my nose to spite my face.

I’ve had a change of heart before and if I see the need to here I’ll do it again.  But from what has been shown so far, I doubt that will be necessary.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2004, 06:36:39 PM »
I guess I was trying to say that they might decide to have a ballot paper that is like the vote for the senate where they allow you to vote above or below the line. Tick once if you prefer either "group" or tick 9 times if you want to vote for individuals.

As we have a group wanting to present as a block I'm just assuming that the RFC can determine how the election is run. Maybe we will have to put 9 numbers in and follow the recomendation of the groups if we want to or vote all over the place if we don't.

The names must be in alphabetical order so for a full board election the ballot paper would look something like ... Barrot, Cameron, Casey, Humphries, Lord, Macek, March, Matthies, Mithin, Nicklos, Schwab, Turner, Welsh. A whole mish-mash of both sides mixed together.

8.2.3 (c)   A voting paper shall be prepared (if necessary) containing the names of the candidates in alphabetical order, and each member shall be entitled to vote for any number of such candidates not exceeding the number of vacancies.  Votes shall be counted using the "First Past the Post' method, in accordance with any by-laws.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2004, 06:42:50 PM »
Hey Ronnie, this is not an election of parties, but election of people to stand on the board.So , you will always have split boards or differences of opinions on boards
Anyway, my mail is there cant be an election anyway.
You might find there will be only 3 spots up for grab not 9.
Why should someone stand down and stand for election before there time. :o
This is all crap !
If there is only three spots up why dont Schwab , Macek and Welsh stand for election again see what happens. Betcha they dont ,
See if they can assist this football club, something they couldnt to do the first time as they didnt get there way and went sooking.
Fair dinkum, they are three ordinary individuals