Author Topic: Trouble is brewing  (Read 57804 times)

Jackstar

Re: Trouble is brewing
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2004, 06:48:04 PM »
Tiger Spirit - don't get sucked in by Jackstar's fawning - he loves anyone who supports his position ::)

Yes Ronnie, Thats what makes good leaders ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2004, 07:12:14 PM »
If this goes to a EGM then the current board members won't be asked to stand down then stand for re-election. We as members will be asked to disqualify the whole current board and replace them with the whole alternative ticket as per 13.g (I'm presuming that's how the alternative will go about their petition). At an EGM we vote on what the petition is based on; not just from a list of candidates like at a AGM. It would need to go to another election for the latter to happen if the EGM only askes to toss the current board out and a temporary board takes over. That's my understanding anyway. In any case the alternative would need a large voter turnout otherwise they'll get done easily on proxies which is controlled by the chairman (Casey). That's why I presume they want the AEC involved to encourage as many members as possible to vote. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

RonBranton

« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2004, 08:43:51 PM »
Jackstar

This is my understanding: but first a question

Did Casey agree in June or July that the whole board would put itself up for re-election at the December AGM in consideration for the Schwab/Macek group holding off on a call for an EGM and to allow the board to appoint a coach?

I think so.

If the Schwab/Macek group want to present as a group then they need to tell the members which numbers and names on the ballot paper represent their group.

If Casey wants to present a group he can do the same.

If somebody outside these two groups wants to stand they can do so.

My simple point is that the RFC might want to make it simple if there are only two groups to design a ballot paper that says vote group 1 or 2. If they want to list the 18 candidates alphabetically that's also an obvious possibility. From what Tiger says it appears that they will list all 18 (or more). Whichever way we should be having a full spill of the board because Casey said he would. If he doesn't he's disingenuous.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 08:49:27 PM by RonBranton »

Jackstar

« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2004, 09:40:15 PM »
As I have tried to explained, you will find he cant make everyone resign (step down ) legally ::)

Jackstar

« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2004, 09:44:09 PM »
Whats even more amazing that supporters want to support a alternative ticket run by someone they dont know, Oh Boy are we in strife.
I have actually met him, I wouldnt give him the time of day. Personality plus he,s NOT

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Claims disappointing: Garry Cameron
« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2004, 12:42:20 AM »
Claims disappointing: Richmond treasurer
By Lyall Johnson
realfooty.theage.com.au
September 30, 2004

The Richmond Football Club board yesterday hit back at demands for its resignation and claims it had not provided proper financial statements to the "alternate" board.

In the absence of president Clinton Casey, who is overseas, treasurer Garry Cameron yesterday said the board was "disappointed" with the demands of the alternate board, which is being led by former board members Charles Macek and Brendan Schwab.

Cameron said in the statement that the implications of the alternate board that the Casey board had not "honoured its undertaking to provide access to financial and commercial information" were incorrect. "In fact, such material was prepared many weeks ago and has been awaiting the execution of a confidentiality deed by the nominated alternative ticket representative because the material requested extended to information on arrangements," he said.

The alternate board has refused to sign a confidentiality agreement, which Cameron described as a "standard commercial practice" required to protect the commercial material the alternate board was seeking to have released.

The alternate board is seeking the resignation of the present board to allow the proper election of a new entity in December and has threatened to bring on an extraordinary general meeting..

http://realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/09/29/1096401648191.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2004, 06:23:41 AM »
I dont blame the club for asking for a confidentially agreement. You can imagine that bit and pieces would be in the media next day to discredit the club. Fair dinkum, are people stupid or what ::)
Well done Garry Cameron.
At least you put the club first and I might add you contribution to the RFC has been enourmous over the years with your knowledge and corporate support through the orginisation you are with. Thank you.

froars

« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2004, 07:25:28 AM »
You can imagine that bit and pieces would be in the media next day to discredit the club.

Not to mention being posted on "Propaganda-R-US" lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2004, 08:23:41 AM »
Well done Garry Cameron.
At least you put the club first and I might add you contribution to the RFC has been enourmous over the years with your knowledge and corporate support through the orginisation you are with. Thank you.

Spot on Jackstar - Garry Cameron is passionate Richmond person who has done alot behind the scenes that most people wouldn't know about.

Top bloke - who has my total support :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Claims disappointing: Garry Cameron
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2004, 08:26:48 AM »
Cameron said in the statement that the implications of the alternate board that the Casey board had not "honoured its undertaking to provide access to financial and commercial information" were incorrect. "In fact, such material was prepared many weeks ago and has been awaiting the execution of a confidentiality deed by the nominated alternative ticket representative because the material requested extended to information on arrangements," he said.

The alternate board has refused to sign a confidentiality agreement, which Cameron described as a "standard commercial practice" required to protect the commercial material the alternate board was seeking to have released.

Exactly what I said yesterday!  :banghead

Your group were told they could have access to the books if you signed an confidentiality agreement - now considering that some of the things you wanted to see included "commercial agreements" (your words not mine see above) so you should be required to sign an agreement.

If I had a commercial arrangement with the RFC (eg a sponsorship agreement) I wouldn't want every man and his dog seeing what the contract says. Get real.

I'll say it again....

If I was the TAC, Motorola, CUB, Connex or any other sponsor or even a player I would expect that the RFC demand that these people sign a confidentiality agreement. Details of these agreements have never and should never be for public consumption.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 08:31:13 AM by WilliamPowell »

Jackstar

« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2004, 08:38:52 AM »
I can see it now, RFC statement of accounts posted on a "certain website ""

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2004, 10:22:04 AM »
The alternate board is seeking the resignation of the present board to allow the proper election of a new entity in December and has threatened to bring on an extraordinary general meeting..

Decisions, decisions.

Let’s see, on one side we have a group that, despite being under duress, has absorbed the pressure and managed to attract a new coach and CEO and re-sign (note the strategically placed hypen) Mark Coughlan.  It was known at Round 1 of this season that we were heading for a huge loss.  Despite that, there was no blow out on that figure.

On the other side, we have a group that consists of a number of previous Directors of the RFC Board.  For whatever reason, they are no longer there.  Two of them chose to leave of their own free will, this year and it seems that they weren’t able to operate in the Board environment of the time.

Now we find that they have set up their own little group, which is no doubt nice and comfortable and where everything is all sweetness and light.  They probably hold hands, at regular intervals, as a group, and are possibly out catching butterflies together, as we speak.  Memo to the alternative ticket: The real world doesn’t operate like that.  Generally, things get uncomfortable at times and you need to deal with pressurised and stressful situations.  If you can’t stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.  And that’s what Schwab and Welsh did.

No doubt with tears in their eyes, for the wonderful service he had given the group all those weeks, it was mutually agreed that Schwab shouldn’t be leader, when blind Freddy could have told them that from the outset.  It’s still unclear if they have the man to lead them on this treacherous mission.  But I’m sure they’ll sort that out sometime between now and the 12th of never.

In a striking blow to the current Board, ::) Schwab comes out yesterday and says he would pay Ottens market value.  I’d like to see him work hand in hand with Greg Miller, if that was the case.  Miller knows the direction he’s going in and how to get there, but along would come Schwab and his mates and say, no, we have to do what everyone wants or we’ll be out of a job.  Give Otto what he wants.  Are they serious?

Whatever their faults, the current Board has still delivered results, despite reported disharmony, disunity and infighting.

If it were me, I would choose those who can operate under duress, can stand in the face of outside pressures and, amid all the turmoil, can get things done.  They’re the people for me.  They don’t need to win popularity stakes, they just need to show that they can do the job asked of them, despite what’s going on around them.

Schwab and co don’t seem capable of doing that.  They can nit pick and dig up as much dirt as they like, it will only reinforce the view that they are small and narrow minded, lack vision and credibility and basically have nothing of value to contribute to RFC.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2004, 10:39:52 AM »
TS

:bow :bow :bow :bow

:cheers

:thumbsup

Beautifully said.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2004, 10:45:59 AM »
It had to be said WP.  I can't stand the incompetence by these nincompoops.  The thought of them coming anywhere near RFC makes my skin crawl.

I know I rave on, but I'll keep saying it until there's no need to.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 10:53:13 AM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

RonBranton

« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2004, 10:56:58 AM »
Tiger - I guess somebody has to keep you honest - might as well be me  ;D

"It was known at Round 1 of this season that we were heading for a huge loss.  Despite that, there was no blow out on that figure."

You have been listening to Cameron  ;) That  says to me that it's ok to stuff the plan and the budget so long as you don't let it get any worse once you discover the mess. The same people who had "no blow out" were responsible for the huge loss or was it somebody else?

"Give Otto what he wants"

Schwab didn't say that - he talked generally about it being galling to supporters that RFC was not able to pay market rates because they were in a financial mess. When pushed by KB he said it was not appropriate to discuss individual players. My Jimmy Olsen style report on the whole interview is available at no charge on another thread.

regards

ps - I'm not necessarily supporting the Schwab group - just like to see some balance
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 11:00:23 AM by RonBranton »