Author Topic: McCrae, Buckley, Hardwick, or someone else- Who should takeover Richmond.  (Read 11758 times)

Tigermonk

As far as "Kick it to me Campbell" goes as a coach, are you kidding  :help. He didnt know how to win on the field how is he going to teach Kids to win. Run behind to get a handpass or bomb it on guys heads is not going to win games nowdays (and didnt win in his day either).

Fluffy Tiger, you cant judge a player by his onfield playing career,  at a club that was in turmoil in his time,  to his coaching career, its totaly 2 very different things.
Not forgetting he is a 5 times B&F winner & one of Tigerlands favorite sons,  so he must have something to offer back to the game
l seen poo players become good coaches, l seen alot of players who were injured most thier careers, (example Neil Daniher )  become good coaches, & l seen B&F winners & champions crumble at coaching, some people are good senior coaches but cant coach juniors & vice versa. Its like putting someone in your company as CEO hoping they can be successful at why you placed them there or go down the tubes
l'm not convinced Campbell would be a good coach myself & until l see him coach a side in any league at senior level or TAC U18's then he shouldnot be judged harshly. He is from what l know personally & from what l been told a very tactical assistant coach at Western Bulldogs with Leon Cameron under Rodney Eade & the Bulldogs are in 3rd position so something is working out there at Western Oval cause they aint got a team of mega stars & are a small forward unit but getting the job done quietly
l personally donot want untried coaches coming into Richmond FC cause we been used as a TAFE for years, but who knows Campbell might know what our club needs & has Yellow & Black flowing through his veins. Lets hope his makes a wise choice & follows the path of coaching elsewhere & learn the ropes like others before taking on the biggest tasks

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
If I had to choose then it would be Hardwick by the length of the Flemington straight. Would be nice to get Buckley as an assistant, but I can't really see that happening unless he really wanted to coach Cotchin as he can barely say enough good things about him when commentating.
Campbell I'd have as an assistant coach at the most, questionable playing history and little coaching experience, I wouldn't want him in charge.

Hardwick is a dual premiership player at two different clubs, highly regarded coaching ability and decent success at lower levels. Was never a superstar player, but was a defender and won premierships, that's fits the same type of bio that guys like Worsfold, Malthouse & Sheedy had as players, a few others too.

The Cotch

Yep would choose Hardwick by a long long way but just can't see it happening. Why would he want to leave Hawthorn who a making a tilt for the flagto come to us? Unless he can sense he might get the top job here.

jackstar

Richmond will announce at seasons end a joint venture with appointment of Sheedy/Campbell as a partnership ;)

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Something has got to give  :help

Moi

Richmond will announce at seasons end a joint venture with appointment of Sheedy/Campbell as a partnership ;)
If that's the case, I think Sheeds is the biggest low life of all time.
If all the garbage you say is true, would be the biggest self-serving exercise of all time.
Heaven help them and a few others if they're not successful  ;)

Tigermonk

If all the garbage you say is true, would be the biggest self-serving exercise of all time.

& you be gobsmacked back into your corner for bagging someone who actually has a bit of knowledge of what is going on around the club  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Please explain MOI?? Low life???

It would be the best thing for this football club make no mistake about that.

One thing you can be sure of is that sheeds/campo ticket will NOT laugh at the players if they make a clanger.

That was the final straw for me seeing that. It is TW who is a low life piece of poo
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

l agree, any coach who laughs at pathetic errors is on the chopping block.
l send a letter of my disgust to the club telling them my memberships for 2009 willnot be renewed if they going to have a clown like that coaching the Richmond football club

Moi

One thing you can be sure of is that sheeds/campo ticket will NOT laugh at the players if they make a clanger.

That was the final straw for me seeing that. It is TW who is a low life piece of poo
I would think some people would be rather nervous if this move isn't successful.
I know I would be if I'd undermined the club and stabbed everyone in the back to get a coach who's passed it and a player not exactly universally admired as a tag team coaching team lol
You would have to think a grand final and nothing less would be the only way you could justify such a move.
If they got us into a grand final, that would be fantastic.  If we didn't make the finals - GULP, I'd be shaking in my boots lol
Our club is a farce if all this is correct.
Hopefully sanity will prevail  :pray

It's the Jack Daniels show...

Moi

Lock up the wine cabinet if Sheeds is coming back lol
 :cheers

jackstar

Why would that be Moi ?
The club will offer him, he will give something back to the club.
Not rape it of $600,000 a year for no return , which is currently the case.
I reckon the rubbish us fans put up with the weekend takes the cake, low life, you kidding
The low life were seen laughing in the coaching box as all us supporters are bleeding, WAKE UP MOI

jackstar

You are a complete idiot MOI.
How has 2 glasses of Red a night been a crime

Moi

You are a complete idiot MOI.
How has 2 glasses of Red a night been a crime

:rollin
If it was Wallace you'd be calling him a drunk!