Author Topic: McCrae, Buckley, Hardwick, or someone else- Who should takeover Richmond.  (Read 11710 times)

Tigermonk

Re: McCrae, Buckley, Hardwick, or someone else- Who should takeover Richmond.
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2008, 10:50:42 PM »
get hold of yourself 1980  :rollin

Stop posting rubbish then

just watch soon when Gary March grabs the door handle & opens the door its coming  ;D can let you know there is more than one walking out that door without the club blessings, watch who walks in  ;D

And lets see how many supporters turn up to games when it happens.

I was out there in the very cold outer the last time a favorite son coached this club, watching us getting flogged every week and cheering on the rare occasion some bloke like Mitchell took a mark. And there were very few out there with me.

Doesnt take much for supporters to desert this club. Graeme Richmond knew it. So should Tony Free. He played his best footy in front of 1,000 supporters wearing yellow and black in the stands

haha you dont go to games if you think only 1000 supporters turn up thats delusional 1000 supporters  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2008, 11:13:21 PM »
Been some very interesting and passionate posts in this thread, especially the more recent ones re: Campbell.  Like most weeks, I prefer not to post much straight after a game - win, lose or draw, as I don't much think much good or sense comes from emotionally-heightened responses.  But what I do know is that some of the comments on Campbell's character are so far off beam that those who have embarrassed themselves by writing them should be ashamed.  Do I think he will make a good senior coach - maybe but more likely not.  Do I think he will make a good assistant coach - probably.  Do I think Richmond will benefit by him coming back in any capacity - maybe but not as senior coach.  Do I think he has the positive character traits that would fit in with the culture our club is trying to build - I don't have to 'think' about it - I know it for an absolute fact.  

jackstar

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2008, 11:24:35 PM »
Wayne Campbell is an outstanding individual, your on the money there Smokey :thumbsup
And something the club does need

Tigermonk

« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2008, 11:33:11 PM »
So the Campbell bashers must think the Western Bulldogs & its supporters are stupid for employing Campbell as a assistant coach.
Aint it strange we dont hear thier supporters Campbell bashing & they were in the same hole as us a few seasons back but sit 3rd & are playing finals while Richmond can only dream. 1980 & Moi know thier football so much better than a finals contender so Campbell must be doing his job getting through down there  ;D

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2008, 11:43:33 PM »
Been some very interesting and passionate posts in this thread, especially the more recent ones re: Campbell.  Like most weeks, I prefer not to post much straight after a game - win, lose or draw, as I don't much think much good or sense comes from emotionally-heightened responses.  But what I do know is that some of the comments on Campbell's character are so far off beam that those who have embarrassed themselves by writing them should be ashamed.  Do I think he will make a good senior coach - maybe but more likely not.  Do I think he will make a good assistant coach - probably.  Do I think Richmond will benefit by him coming back in any capacity - maybe but not as senior coach.  Do I think he has the positive character traits that would fit in with the culture our club is trying to build - I don't have to 'think' about it - I know it for an absolute fact.  

Which of the following comments about Wayne Campbell are embarrasing?

1) He quit the club
2) Was a senior player in a club that needed to win its last game to make the finals and didnt more than once
3) Split the player group with his feud with the club captain Knights
4) Demanded and got a huge pay increase in 95 at a club that made its first finals in 13 years
5) Hugged the boundary line his entire career
6) He was a stats bandit (I wont take credit for that nic- stole it from someone else)
7) Got injured celebrating a goal
8) Always looked over his shoulder when he got the ball because he was so scared of getting hit
9) Never put his body on the line- even daffy (finally) did his shouder for the team

I've seen 4 premeirships mate, only one of which I was too young to remember. Seen the best and worst at this footy club and know which players played for the jumper and which ones looked out for themselves. So dont go telling me i should be ashamed of myself for having a go at an average footballer who played in an average team and is being heldup on here as some kind of club savior

jackstar

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2008, 11:50:22 PM »

1) He quit the club
2) Was a senior player in a club that needed to win its last game to make the finals and didnt more than once
4) Demanded and got a huge pay increase in 95 at a club that made its first finals in 13 years
6) He was a stats bandit (I wont take credit for that nic- stole it from someone else)
8) Always looked over his shoulder when he got the ball because he was so scared of getting hit
9) Never put his body on the line- even daffy (finally) did his shouder for the team

I've seen 4 premeirships mate, only one of which I was too young to remember. Seen the best and worst at this footy club and know which players played for the jumper and which ones looked out for themselves. So dont go telling me i should be ashamed of myself for having a go at an average footballer who played in an average team and is being heldup on here as some kind of club savior

I have seen 5 flags.
Wayne Campbell was far from an average football.
How many best and fairests ?????????????
More than you I bet.    He bled yellow and black.
Why dont you have a go at Wallet getting $600,000 a year and delivering nothing?
And whats even worse, getting his mates to the club on inflated contracts and money.
Just jolt your memory.
Wayne Johnson.
Monkhurst
Royal
King
Amstrong( reported to be on $200,000 a year, for what, dodging press interviews and organsing accommadation for interstate trips.
King
Gordon Casey ( he went out with black and white TV )

and you bag Wayne Campbell. FFS

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2008, 12:10:49 AM »

1) He quit the club

I have seen 5 flags.
Wayne Campbell was far from an average football.
How many best and fairests ?????????????
More than you I bet.    He bled yellow and black.
Why dont you have a go at Wallet getting $600,000 a year and delivering nothing?
And whats even worse, getting his mates to the club on inflated contracts and money.
Just jolt your memory.
Wayne Johnson.
Monkhurst
Royal
King
Amstrong( reported to be on $200,000 a year, for what, dodging press interviews and organsing accommadation for interstate trips.
King

The only bleeding Campbell has done is out of his ars. Had the long girly hair and the soft kicks to go with it.

I've been on here all year slagging Wallace, and you've clapped when I've done it. And you now want to sack and replace him with Campbell or Sheedy? Swapping one opportunist for another one

Clueless.

If they're good enough to have Buckley or Mark Williams lined up, no arguments. Campbell is just an untried/unproven Frawley and Geishen all over again.

Ramps

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2008, 12:13:22 AM »
On face value, I reckon Hardwick of the untried coaches seems a good candidate.Premiership player at 2 clubs, now assistant at Hawthorn under Clarkson, was assistant at Port when they won a flag. Comes across as someone who can kick the poo out of people if they step out of line. Id prefer him to Campbell. Campbell needs to do more than just have been an assistant at Footscray.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2008, 12:19:46 AM »
Footscray have been 'real' successful now, haven't they  :rollin

Out of all this I would say Hardwick, just MO ....

Fig Jam is just wrong in soooo many ways, besides it aint gunna happen anyway.

Tigermonk

« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2008, 07:06:13 AM »

The only bleeding Campbell has done is out of his ars. Had the long girly hair and the soft kicks to go with it.

I've been on here all year slagging Wallace, and you've clapped when I've done it. And you now want to sack and replace him with Campbell or Sheedy? Swapping one opportunist for another one

Clueless.

If they're good enough to have Buckley or Mark Williams lined up, no arguments. Campbell is just an untried/unproven Frawley and Geishen all over again.

you dont read posts

So the Campbell bashers must think the Western Bulldogs & its supporters are stupid for employing Campbell as a assistant coach. THIS YEAR ????

Aint it strange we dont hear thier supporters Campbell bashing & they were in the same hole as us a few seasons back but sit 3rd & are playing finals while Richmond can only dream. 1980 & Moi know thier football so much better than a finals contender so Campbell must be doing his job getting through down there at the WESTERN BULLDOGS in 2008 under Rodney Eade

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »

Clueless.

you dont read posts

So the Campbell bashers must think the Western Bulldogs & its supporters are stupid for employing Campbell as a assistant coach. THIS YEAR ????

Aint it strange we dont hear thier supporters Campbell bashing & they were in the same hole as us a few seasons back but sit 3rd & are playing finals while Richmond can only dream. 1980 & Moi know thier football so much better than a finals contender so Campbell must be doing his job getting through down there at the WESTERN BULLDOGS in 2008 under Rodney Eade

Yeah I heard you the first time, I just didnt bother answering such a dumb comment.

If you wanted to be clever, you would have argued that we should have gotten Eade instead of Wallace.

I'm sure the bullies supporters are giving all the credit to a first time assistant at his first club instead of Eade.

Moi

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2008, 10:47:52 AM »
1980 & Moi know thier football so much better than a finals contender so Campbell must be doing his job getting through down there at the WESTERN BULLDOGS in 2008 under Rodney Eade
My argument against Campbell is, is he the best coach available.
Not knocking his ability because I don't think many people would know how good he is.
Oh, unless of course you're Jack because he knows everything lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2008, 10:59:03 AM »
Just jolt your memory.
Wayne Johnson.
Monkhurst
Royal
King
King

I have a challenge for you Jackstar. Here it is - don't mention any coaches for one week!  :pray

Can you do it?! I know it would be difficult for you.

When you speak about other topics other than TW you make a lot of sense but all of that gets lost admidst the Wallace-Hate talk. If you could just stick to discussing the topic, which you can been very good at, rather than twisting every thread into another opportunity to belittle our current coach then I for one would be keen to listen to everything you say.

At the moment though I just skim over what you write at the first mention of TW.

Give the challenge a go  :thumbsup

Stripes

« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2008, 11:33:23 AM »

I have a challenge for you Jackstar. Here it is - don't mention any coaches for one week!  :pray

When you speak about other topics other than TW you make a lot of sense but all of that gets lost admidst the Wallace-Hate talk. If you could just stick to discussing the topic, which you can been very good at, rather than twisting every thread into another opportunity to belittle our current coach then I for one would be keen to listen to everything you say.

At the moment though I just skim over what you write at the first mention of TW.

Stripes

It would be too easy for Jack.

He would just get his alter ego (the Daniel part of the Jack Daniels duology)to do all the yapping.

jackstar

« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2008, 11:55:03 AM »
Just jolt your memory.
Wayne Johnson.
Monkhurst
Royal
King
King

Stripes

Challenge accepted :thumbsup Shouldnt be too hard not being able to comment on insignificant people of this world. which he is