Author Topic: Tigers vs Hawks  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Hawks
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »
While it wasnt the best game i have seen, it was great to beat the Hawks at their own game.

We ran the moving defensive zone well today and gave them their own back.

Good point TFL.  Richo apologized after the match be cause of the nature/look of the game but let's give credit where credit's due and lay blame where blame's due.  Hawthorn play this style in most games and didn't have the capacity to overcome it when chucked back in their face today.  Exactly what David King said pre-game - "after they evaluated the Hawks v North game the coaching panel thought it the best way to approach them".  We tried a similar game plan in the earlier meeting and it nearly worked - refined it and got it right.  Yes, I can see a real case for sacking the coach and all his assistants at season's end.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 06:38:12 PM »
What a GREAT win! Buddy's got a LONG way to go before he is even a shadow of Richo! :gotigers

CUB I want you to repeat those lines pre game from now on, it seemed to work lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 07:30:02 PM »
A very disciplined effort today where we were hard at the footy and fantastic to see all those Hawthorn trolls leave 22 mins into the last quarter after Richo's goal. As for Roughhead he hardly troubled the scorers and Williams was just as inconspicious other than a last quarter goal. Hawk big guns were just quiet and off their game today due to our pressure and effort.

Spot on HT. Our most disciplined performance for the year IMO. We also played the whole 4 quarters for a change. Sure we did that too against Freo and the Eagles but to do it against a top 4 side was the most pleasing thing to come out of the game today. The Hawks did have the momentum of the game at times but we held our nerve and didn't go into panic mode.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 07:32:23 PM »
What a GREAT win! Buddy's got a LONG way to go before he is even a shadow of Richo! :gotigers

CUB I want you to repeat those lines pre game from now on, it seemed to work lol

Tell u what 2J no matter how much I go on I don't back us that many times, cleaned up today  :thumbsup

I have said it from the start, where we r @ we will win these types of games and 'Freo Mel' last 2 we 'SHOULD' win, but no more money from mwah.

Counting my chickens  :gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »
A very disciplined effort today where we were hard at the footy and fantastic to see all those Hawthorn trolls leave 22 mins into the last quarter after Richo's goal. As for Roughhead he hardly troubled the scorers and Williams was just as inconspicious other than a last quarter goal. Hawk big guns were just quiet and off their game today due to our pressure and effort.

Spot on HT. Our most disciplined performance for the year IMO. We also played the whole 4 quarters for a change. Sure we did that too against Freo and the Eagles but to do it against a top 4 side was the most pleasing thing to come out of the game today. The Hawks did have the momentum of the game at times but we held our nerve and didn't go into panic mode.

The pressure was on big time at the start of the third, we can do it  :clapping

Moi

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 07:36:24 PM »
Yes, I can see a real case for sacking the coach and all his assistants at season's end.
huh  ???

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 07:38:24 PM »
I thought we were very good today, lots of good signs, unfortunately freo didnt fire a shot against st kilda, we need to finish the season well with wins against freo & melbourne.

bushranger

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 07:41:58 PM »
I didn't see the game but was really happy and I totally agree that to have a win against the freeo floppers and the dee's will be a fitting end.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 07:44:45 PM »
Yes, I can see a real case for sacking the coach and all his assistants at season's end.
huh  ???

I think there may be a degree of sarcasim in this comment Moi.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »
huh  ???

I think there may be a degree of sarcasim in this comment Moi.

Yep.  Apologies for not making that a bit more obvious.  A very LARGE degree!!!!!!!

:thumbsup

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 07:51:58 PM »
 :rollin gotta luv the rolla coasta  :rollin

Moi

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 07:52:35 PM »
Had me worried there, Smokey.
Thought I'd have to book you in for your check-up  :rollin
Hey, we got really good smileys that convey a lot of messages  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »
What a great 4 qtr team effort, is this the real RFC, great coaching as well, well done Terry & co, isn't that right JackStar!!!!!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 09:33:50 AM »
Just watch the match ups & the pathetic coaching against Wallets beloved Hawks this weekend
it will show to the Richmond supporters that he does not have RFC in his best interests
he will do nothing in the way of coaching to give us a chance of winning against the Hawks

Lets frame this post for all to see!  :thatsgold Haven't seen someone make a statement like this and see it proven oh sooo wrong in all the time I have been on this forum.  :lol Thanks for the entertainment Monk!

Right up there with the day when JFK said to Jackie..."Honey Its a beautiful day...lets drive with the top down!"  :rollin