Author Topic: The Game  (Read 8295 times)

Ox

The Game
« on: May 15, 2004, 02:43:34 PM »

Just got it here on 3aw.
Story?
Doggies are kicking that badly ?

I noticed the Dance of the Bowden sisters is in full swing
Deliveries 12-7,Joelines way.

Ox

Re: The Game
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 03:57:26 PM »
LMAO@All my mates.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 04:30:11 PM »
HAIL MATTHEW RICHARDSON.

Good 4 you Richo.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 04:40:48 PM by Ox »

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »
3 IN A ROW !!!

our season is ruined

LOL
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Fwoy

• The Epitome of Lazy
  • Future Richmond star
  • Retired from active service due to groin injuries
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 06:09:27 PM »
and in ten years time, there will be 50,000 Richmond supporters who will say they were there the day Richo kicked his first bag of 10 goals. RICHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  ;D
For the love of God son, don't stick that up your ass!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 07:19:05 PM »
Just got home from the game  :)  8) . How good was the big fella!  :o  :) . He was fantastic all game but that last quarter he was totally unstopable. Leading and marking everything in sight. The crowd was abuzz as you knew if the ball went inside 50 Richo's big mits would be on the end of it.

We were lucky towards the end of first and the start of the third quarters when the dogs kicked point after point but they hardly had any marking targets so many of their shots were from long distance or out wide. However bad kicking is bad football so they only have themselves to blame  ;D.

I'm still not convinced about us in terms of too many stupid and costly turnovers compared to a top side but I'm not going to start knocking winning games. We're playing mostly direct and quick moving footy and more importantly running for each other. It was also nice to finally kick over hundred points for a change. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 07:34:48 PM »
Just vicious rumours I've ever bagged Richo lol

Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-* Richo  :-*

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2004, 09:09:58 PM »
Julz must be in dreamland at the moment  ;D

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 08:55:27 AM »
LOL

Hands off Froars.

What a guy!!!! Sigh, sigh.  I was practically wetting myself in the last quarter :-[  Neighbours must have thought I had finally lost it.

Ox

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 01:07:41 PM »
LOL

.  I was practically wetting myself in the last quarter

Too much info Gold coast girl. ::)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 01:37:54 PM »
If the dogs kicked straight the game would have been over by half time and we would have been flogged.  We have too many dumb, unskilled and unfit players.  We were flogged around the ground by one of the worst teams in the league.  To kick only 15 goals when the full forward kicks 10 is a real worry.  We are a long long way from being contenders.  Don't get too excited tiger fans.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Ox

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2004, 01:56:16 PM »
Dont worry,Im not.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004, 02:31:49 PM »
Haven't watched the game yet, but that's exactly what I thought Harry. Looks like the Bulldogs wasted a ton of opportunities which kept us in the match.

I fear we are going to cop a heavy dose of reality over the next month.

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2004, 05:37:02 PM »
I was pretty happy that when the Bullies got back to within 2 points that we responded with goals.....that's certainly an improvement on past performances. I thought that with the 6 day break we may have run out of legs and yet it was the Doggies who did.

I'm happy with the way they're playing out 4 quarters. I know it's not pretty football, but for FS this is the Tiges we're talking about.....we're not capable of playing pretty footy.

I'll take the win any day!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2004, 07:18:25 PM »
Yes the Dogs kicked a bag of behinds but goal-kicking is a skill just like any other. One, even in these days of full-time professionalism, that hasn't improved over time. If the Doggies had kicked straight then yes we would have been in trouble (especially just after half-time when they were totally on top) but they didn't. Just like we should have put Hawthorn to the sword in the second and third quarters two weeks ago but didn't. Even though the Bullies won alot of the ball they didn't have a marking target to go to well inside 50 so they had to take pot-shots from distance or out wide. No wonder they kept kicking points. Also helps when players such as Eagleton can't kick a footy on their right foot and miss from 20 metres out ;D. Skill errors that are no different to any that occur at any other point on the ground.

I have no doubts we are still a mediocre side and nowhere near premiership material but so is 3/4 of the competition. IMHO only Brisbane, St Kilda by daylight and then maybe Essendon (as long as they have at least 2 of Hird, Fletcher and Lloyd playing) are top sides. The rest of the teams in the AFL have poor depth and need their best 22 on the park or close to it otherwise they are stuffed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 07:21:17 PM by mightytiges »