Author Topic: Rate a Season - JOEL BOWDEN  (Read 3604 times)

Ox

Rate a Season - JOEL BOWDEN
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:32:51 PM »
Let's hear from all u bowden lovers...

Moi

Re: Rate a Season - JOEL BOWDEN
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »
Went to a friend's place the other day and I asked how they rated the season.
They said, we would have made the finals if the club hadn't dropped Bowden.
Not sure of that, because at the time he wasn't playing well.
So how they would think he would make a difference at that time is beyond me.
But he does have his fans
I'm not one of them, but I think he's had an average to good year.
If it wasn't for the games he supposedly won the games for us ::) just an average year.
So average to good year.

Ox

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
Average yes but so has been his career. :-\

What about the whole,"I'm not doing interviews" episode.

God forbid he be asked about his ineptness in a public situation......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »
A year of two halves. Poor first few games (think back to the Collingwood game) until he got dropped but he's been good in the second half of the year since coming back into the side. 3 crucial excellent last quarters that scored us wins the close games.

If Joel can't do a full preseason like he supposedly hasn't for the past 4-5 years (according to Wallace) then we'll go through the whole 'Bowden struggling early on in the year' again until he gets his match fitness up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
Perhaps the club would not have had such a good year and started to turn things around if Terry had not shaken things up and dropped Joel and Petts after our round 3 loss to Collingwood.
Look I feel Joel has been good in the forward line this year and his tempo footy slowing the game down is detrimental to the team especially in the last 5 mins of matches yet he has had the last say in a few games also. Should be used in the forward line from now on. Overall he has been good since he has come back but there are qualities in his game still that are still a little self absorbing and selfish.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 05:18:20 PM »
Had a very good last month or so, but just like his first B&F, it wouldn't have happened unless he'd been dropped.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 07:45:22 PM »
11 out of 10  :thumbsup

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 08:01:49 PM »
I'm an old fashioned football supporter i guess and I hate his slowing down of the games and his kicking backwards tactics....but they did win some games for us and for that I am grateful and it showed football smarts that we needed on that particular day to win that particular game. If it wasnt for him we would be further out of the eight than we ended up. I, personally might not like it, but it got us as a team where we are now so....thanks Joel  :gotigers

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:09:25 PM »
Bowden is 100% richmond, u losers who hate him forget that.

Not like our captain who came over for money.

BOWDEN and RICHO should retire when they blood/y well feel like it. They are dead set guns.

Bowden would come close to winning the B&F if it was decided on the last half of the year.

Im very proud of the way he has played footy this last 2 months. Legend he is
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 08:17:31 PM »
Yes this loser thinks Bowden has had a great finish to the season but an very ordinary start. As long as he is kept out of the Backline where he loves to slow down the play, chip backwards and be unaccountable and placed to the Forwardline where his excellent kicking is a weapon - he will remain an asset to the team. If not - bring on the youth!

Stripes

Ox

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 08:47:28 PM »
If he was a rookie people would want him delisted.

My biggest problem with him is the complacency he exudes,even when he is playing
crap footy.

It's as though the team gets switched into joel mode,meaning his seniority at the club
takes on an almost captaincy role at times during the final minutes if the 3rd and last qtr,
which, considering he is an average player,is disturbing.

Average season 6/10

Offline ric

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 08:51:44 PM »

My biggest problem with him is the complacency he exudes,even when he is playing
crap footy.

It's as though the team gets switched into joel mode,meaning his seniority at the club
takes on an almost captaincy role at times during the final minutes if the 3rd and last qtr,

Average season 6/10

Joel Bowden and average player is he ?
How many games did you play ?  I must of missed it amongst all your swearing and abuse.   
I await you reply.

Ox

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 09:01:24 PM »

crap footy.

Average season 6/10

Joel Bowden and average player is he ?
How many games did you play ?  I must of missed it amongst all your swearing and abuse.   
I await you reply.

Here 'tis...

:wallywink

Tell us all how many games u played and then follow the theme of the thread.

ps - who left the gates open ?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 11:48:14 PM by one-eyed »

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
it is hard to take your opinion seriously when it is clear you despise this guy whatever he does. I partly agree but only the inconsistency bit. He is laconic but not complacent they are easily confused.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 09:19:52 PM »
ric - what did he actually say that was so offensive? You may not agree with his stance on Bowden but he hasn't said anything that was particularly insulting.

I'm not a big Bowden fan myself but I have to say he was an asset to the team up the ground in the last part of the season. Hope he can keep in up in 2009.

Stripes