Author Topic: Picks 8, 26, 58 and 70  (Read 20845 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Picks 8, 26, 42, 58, ...
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 07:22:15 AM »
Matthew Richardson, Will Thursfield, Anthony Koutoufides, Anthony Stevens, Robert Harvey, Robert Murphy, Lenny Hayes, Mitch Hahn, Alan Didak, David Rodan, Tarkyn Lockyer, David Wojcinski, Rhyce Shaw, Ben Hudson, Chris Grant, Nathan Burke, Dean Solomon, Darren Gaspar, Tony Liberatore, Brad Fisher, Chad Morrison, even Malceski is looking like making a full recovery after 2 recos

Some pretty handy players in that list, in fact I reckon you'd be a decent chance to make a premiership side out of that list

FB Fisher Gaspar Solomon
HB Wojcinski Thursfield Lockyer
C  Koutoufides Hahn Stevens
HF Didak Richardson Harvey
FF Rodan Grant Murphy
RU Hudson Hayes Burke

I reckon Shaun Rehn would get a spot in the ruck before Hudson.  ;)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 07:37:46 AM »
Yeah I agree, but I only found a list of ACLs in the past 6-7 years, i couldn't remember them all

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 08:18:11 AM »
Matthew Richardson, Will Thursfield, Anthony Koutoufides, Anthony Stevens, Robert Harvey, Robert Murphy, Lenny Hayes, Mitch Hahn, Alan Didak, David Rodan, Tarkyn Lockyer, David Wojcinski, Rhyce Shaw, Ben Hudson, Chris Grant, Nathan Burke, Dean Solomon, Darren Gaspar, Tony Liberatore, Brad Fisher, Chad Morrison, even Malceski is looking like making a full recovery after 2 recos

Some pretty handy players in that list, in fact I reckon you'd be a decent chance to make a premiership side out of that list

FB Fisher Gaspar Solomon
FF Rodan Grant Murphy
RU Hudson Hayes Burke

Defence maybe the weak link but that midfield and forward line would be hard to beat, few decent players left over for the bench too

Not true you say? Well I've never paid much attention to your opinion anyway, I'm not exactly going to start any time soon

kouta and Gas were never the same after their second.

bottom line its not ideal to have 2 knee reco's. more players than not will not be the same footballers they were.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 08:40:02 AM »
I don't remember Kouta or Gaspar having 2 recos. Kouta did a PCL, maybe you're confusing it with that.
Kouta still played good football after his reco, as did Gaspar, but they were both towards the end of their careers when they came back. Kouta was 29 when he came back from his full reco, but played well into his 30s.

Besides, this whole issue was simply brought up to say a player who has had 1 reco as a kid should still be able to play good football, especially as they're already playing good football in the past 12 months

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:14:21 AM »

FB Fisher Gaspar Solomon
FF Rodan Grant Murphy
RU Hudson Hayes Burke

Defence maybe the weak link but that midfield and forward line would be hard to beat, few decent players left over for the bench too

Not true you say? Well I've never paid much attention to your opinion anyway, I'm not exactly going to start any time soon

kouta and Gas were never the same after their second.

bottom line its not ideal to have 2 knee reco's. more players than not will not be the same footballers they were.

So you pass on a ruckman who recovered very well from a knee re-co at a young age just in case?  :-\

If you were talking about Swift who had a re-co and is now struggling to get it right with constant niggles then I'd agree but Vickery has made an excellent return after his knee.

There is also a difference between the recovery of a teen who does it at 16 years of ages and a 27 year old who is already battered and bruised and will find it tough to get back to peak condition again.

I see where you're coming from but I dont think it's a problem with Vickery.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 09:37:44 AM »
Any truth to the rumours of our supposed interest in the young ruckman from Adelaide?

yes they are true and at the moment it is possible but not probable

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 09:38:15 AM »
Yeah I agree, but I only found a list of ACLs in the past 6-7 years, i couldn't remember them all
For sure.  Rehn only stands out to me because I think he did a couple in quick succession before playing a significant role in 2 grand finals.  I do remember him struggling on his return until he ditched the gangly knee brace  - a bit of the "Forrest Gumps".

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 10:53:11 AM »
Any truth to the rumours of our supposed interest in the young ruckman from Adelaide?

yes they are true and at the moment it is possible but not probable

Not surprising since i believe he is under contract?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 09:19:26 PM »
Maybe we can do a deal with Bombers and get pick 5....

There's gotta be someone we can off load for pick 5 :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 03:51:48 PM »
Emma Quayle gave her top 5 draft picks on SEN this morning:

Watts
Rich
Naitanui
Hartlett
Vickery

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 04:28:41 PM »
pick 17/18 year olds.

tall forwards.

ruckman.

tall players.

do not trade any picks.

gain draft picks by trading players.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 05:43:17 PM »
Steele Sidebottom has cemented a top 10 draft pick with 6 goals inside 3 quarters . Might even go top 5 now.

Rockliff and Ziebell haven't done their reputation any harm either.

Edit: make that 10 all up to Sidebottom  :o.

Steele Sidebottems stats:
32 Disposals
14 marks
10.2 goals
11 inside 50s

Played up forward and through the midfield. Bottom age too at 17.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 08:16:18 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 08:11:48 PM »
Liam Pickering and Kevin Sheahan's top 10s during half time of the TAC Cup GF:

Pickering's

1. Jack Watts
2. Daniel Rich
3. Nick Naitanui
4. Tom Vickery
5. Michael Hurley
6. Chris Yarran
7. Jack Ziebell
8. Shaun McKernan
9. Sam Blease
10. Hamish Hartlett

Kevin Sheahan (in no particular order)

McKernan, Hurley, Naitanui, Rich, Yarran, Ziebell, Watts, Hartlett, Vickery and Trengove.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 08:31:23 PM »
The Bombers want Yarran btw

----------------------------------
Bombers take aim at lively Yarran
26th September 2008, 7:00 WST

Chris Yarran could still be selected as high as No. 5 at the AFL draft despite a quiet September campaign for Swan Districts that ended with the clever forward being beaten soundly in the grand final.

Essendon assistant coach Ashley Prescott revealed the Bombers were keen to recruit the exciting 17-year old and predicted he would be taken early in the first round of the draft.

Prescott compared Yarran’s physique and skills to Port Adelaide’s talented Shaun Burgoyne.

“We would love to get him. Chris is a super talent but I don’t think he will last until the second round,” Prescott said.

“It depends on what sort of player each club wants but he could become a valuable acquisition.”

Essendon will have pick No. 5 after coming 12th this season and will retain it unless they lose the selection as part of a trade deal.

Victorian teenager Jack Watts appears set to be drafted by Melbourne with the first pick while WA duo Nick Naitanui and Daniel Rich, who faced off in the WAFL grand final, are likely to go to local clubs West Coast and Fremantle, who have the next two selections.

Prescott coached Yarran at Clontarf Aboriginal College and said he and Paddy Ryder, who was drafted from East Fremantle to Essendon in 2005 and has played 43 of their past 44 matches, were the best two players to come through the college’s football academy.

Yarran burst into senior football this season with best-on-ground performances in his first two matches before he took part in the national 18s championships.

He was affected by hamstring injuries in the second half of the season but still managed a creditable 38 goals in his 14 games. Sandover medallist Hayden Ballantyne, rising star Ian Richardson and AFL veteran Troy Longmuir were the only small forwards to kick more goals this season.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=12&ContentID=99813

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »
Liam Pickering and Kevin Sheahan's top 10s during half time of the TAC Cup GF:

Pickering's

1. Jack Watts
2. Daniel Rich
3. Nick Naitanui
4. Tom Vickery
5. Michael Hurley
6. Chris Yarran
7. Jack Ziebell
8. Shaun McKernan
9. Sam Blease
10. Hamish Hartlett

Kevin Sheahan (in no particular order)

McKernan, Hurley, Naitanui, Rich, Yarran, Ziebell, Watts, Hartlett, Vickery and Trengove.

I can't see Hartlett slipping down to 10 and I'd have Sidebottom in there ahead of Blease. Trengove could still go top 10 if a club wants to take the risk despite the injury.

I'd be wrapt if the Bombers take Yarran. One less club to take a KPP or young mid before us.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd