Author Topic: Coburg vs Frankston - 2nd Elimination Final (ABC TV game)  (Read 7977 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg vs Frankston - 2nd Elimination Final (ABC TV game)
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »

Is that Coburg's season done and dusted?
Yep for the seniors. It was an Elimination final  ;).

Coburg ressies play in the 1st Semi final next week. If they lose that they'll go out in straight sets after going through the season undefeated  :o.

So if any changes were to happen at the club would they wait until the reserves are finished?

hmmm?
At Coburg or Richmond? Some RFC guys played their last game today and not just the retiring Tivs you would think.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2008, 05:41:14 PM »
Daniel i am interested to see if you have been to any Coburg games this year?

Would think unless you are involved in the club that it is very hard to have any idea on what type of coach Rawlings is.

Sure you can have an opinion, but it doesnt mean that its right.  :wallywink

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »
The Coburg boys at least tried despite their deficiencies. I thought many of the RFC guys let the side down willing to do the fancy stuff but not the hard running, hard tackling and team things when the pressure went on. Hard to find a RFC guy who stood up in the second half. Losing McErlain also seemed to totally put our structure out of whack with no Silvester either. Meyer had to go back on the Frankston's key forward Clark who then got away from us. We lacked a second forward marking target with Cleve our only winner but he was shut down as we went handball ring-a-rosy under the pressure. We also seemed to run out of puff with only 3 rotating on the bench. We looked like we would run over then in the last when we kicked the first couple of goals going long and direct but then stopped and went back to ring-a-rosy handball and working the wings. Notably with 2 minutes to go they were all RFC guys including Connors who I reckon was dragged for trying to be a prima donna.

Just so disappointing. A game of two halves which was Coburg all season. Up and down in form from week to week. Frankston simply wanted it more today and we got sucked into the off the ball stuff instead of just focussing on the footy first.

I'm suprised Jacko didn't play today even though he was eligible. Were we saying that those who played today were fighting to keep their spot on the RFC list. Apart from Cleve, I reckon there will be some very nervous RFC guys after today.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 06:09:51 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2008, 05:56:44 PM »
Look I dont want to take a pot shot at Rawlings but why Meyer at FB. Wouldnt Rance for example have provided a better match up. Just asking thats all.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2008, 06:07:15 PM »
Look I dont want to take a pot shot at Rawlings but why Meyer at FB. Wouldnt Rance for example have provided a better match up. Just asking thats all.
Rance was on Limbach. Had a poor game too apart from a couple of runs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

The Cotch

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2008, 06:35:06 PM »
Gourdis shouldve played. At either end, he wouldve been handy. Dumb non-selection.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »
12-10 rule was in place, which player from Richmond would you have dropped?

It would have been a hard call.

Collins was stiff to miss out on the ones today.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »
Season over

Does Jade Rawlings have any emotion in his body. compare the 3 quarter time address of lovett to that of Jade's.

FFS get rid of him, he is useless.

JON and Howatt have shown why they will never be AFL players.

Tivers and cogs needed to stand up in the last and did nothing, nada.
Finally given up on getting TW the flick, daniel, and started on Rawlings? I think he talks quite well and a coach should not have to rev up his side of 12 afl listed players to beat a non-aligned side :-[ And by the way Jon and Howat have already been AFL players, so i guess your call of them never being one is a little incorrect.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2008, 04:20:35 AM »
Daniel i am interested to see if you have been to any Coburg games this year?

Would think unless you are involved in the club that it is very hard to have any idea on what type of coach Rawlings is.

Sure you can have an opinion, but it doesnt mean that its right.  :wallywink

i have been to only 4 or 5 Coburg games. Does that satisfy you?

I never said my opinion is right but we were unstoppable under that collins and now we have gone backwards.

He is soft that Rawlings get rid of him. Yes thats my opinion

i heard the 3 quarter time address of Lovett. Damm it made me want to get out there.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger comes good (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2008, 05:01:03 AM »
Tiger comes good
Howard Leigh | September 07, 2008

INJURY-troubled Richmond midfielder Mark Coughlan has taken a giant step towards resurrecting his AFL career with an eye-catching performance for the Coburg Tigers.

In yesterday's VFL elimination final against Frankston, the 26-year-old had 24 disposals and booted two goals in his most compelling hitout since returning midseason from intensive treatment in Munich for a chronic left-hamstring problem.

Despite Coughlan, Frankston turned a half-time deficit of 25 points into a thrilling six-point win - 14.17 (101) to 14.11 (95).

In the other qualifying final, the Casey Scorpions came from behind at three-quarter time to tip the Northern Bullants out of the finals race by five points at Casey Fields.

Frankston coach Brett Lovett dismissed talk his side had become giant killers.

"I wouldn't say we were underdogs going into the game," he said. "We beat Coburg earlier in the season and believed we could do it again."

Frankston half-forward Marcus Marigliana was reported for allegedly headbutting and centre half-forward Michael Lourey for striking during a wild third-quarter brawl involving 30 players.

Coughlan, who has not played an AFL game since Round 12, 2006 following two knee reconstructions and ongoing hamstrings problems, said he was contracted to Richmond for next season.

"I have no hiccups recently and been able to train during the week," he said. "I plan to have a big pre-season leading into next year."

Yesterday's game also represented the final curtain for 188-game Richmond midfielder Greg Tivendale, who was delisted at Punt Rd last week.

"It's disappointing to go out like this, but give credit to Frankston -- they are a really solid side," he said.

Tivendale intends nominating for the 2009 AFL national draft.

Coburg coach Jade Rawlings said he and his players respected the non-aligned Frankston side.

"They thrive on their spirit and toughness. Good luck to them, they were too good for us," he said.

Coburg's best were ruckman Tristan Cartledge, who had 17 touches, took six marks and had 22 effective tapouts, and forwards Cleve Hughes and Fort Caruso, who each booted four goals.

Lovett was pleased with input of midfielders Toby Conroy, who had 32 touches, Dan Keely (23) and defender Anthony Raso (22 disposals).

"Keely has only played six games and he ran hard," Lovett said.

Former Richmond and Williamstown full-forward Dean Limbach kicked four opportunistic goals in a fascinating duel with Alex Rance.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24306227-19742,00.html

Ox

« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2008, 09:12:15 AM »
Coughlan, who has not played an AFL game since Round 12, 2006 following two knee reconstructions and ongoing hamstrings problems, said he was contracted to Richmond for next season.

From what i saw,all of it,Cogs has a heart the size of Pharlap but that's it.....

How can he possibly compete at the level required in AFL when he can't star under these circumstances?

Tigermonk

« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »
GAME OVER
says alot for a club with listed AFL players & gets rolled
whats a disgrace by some listed players
l never seen the game as l was busy watching our club win a premiership  :thumbsup
stuffing hungover  ;D

cya all next year  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2008, 04:29:04 PM »
Season over

Does Jade Rawlings have any emotion in his body. compare the 3 quarter time address of lovett to that of Jade's.

Finally given up on getting TW the flick, daniel, and started on Rawlings? I think he talks quite well and a coach should not have to rev up his side of 12 afl listed players to beat a non-aligned side :-[ And by the way Jon and Howat have already been AFL players, so i guess your call of them never being one is a little incorrect.

read it again and slowly you silly man.

JON and Howatt will NEVER be AFL players. They are VFL players at best and any game they played for the RFC were of VFl standard.

they are a joke.

as for Wallace not giving up just yet, although it might be better to see how he goes the first 6 games next year. He is useless and weak and we will not make it to top 4 with him as our coach. Top 8 perhaps.

I dont want to pay mr solarium out any more than what we have done already. Let him earn every cent.

so tell me your happy with what Rawlings has done this year at Coburg? Are you?

idiot
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2008, 06:29:09 PM »
Season over

read it again and slowly you silly man.

JON and Howatt will NEVER be AFL players. They are VFL players at best and any game they played for the RFC were of VFl standard.

they are a joke.

as for Wallace not giving up just yet, although it might be better to see how he goes the first 6 games next year. He is useless and weak and we will not make it to top 4 with him as our coach. Top 8 perhaps.

I dont want to pay mr solarium out any more than what we have done already. Let him earn every cent.

so tell me your happy with what Rawlings has done this year at Coburg? Are you?

idiot
Daniel,
         Have you ever played/coached aussie rules in any grade? You have consisitently bagged all that is Richmond all year. You always seem to be able to pull a negative out of any situation. One gets the feeling that you would rather see us lose just so as to prove yourself right. it is not difficult to sit in an anonymous cover and talk about how these blokes should get the sack as eventually they will leave and you'll be saying how you predicted it all. And one other thing, don't ever sling poo unless you you want some to come back your way! If you give be prepared to cop some back.

As Mohommed Ali once said, " The empty apple cart makes the most noise." Your apple cart has been empty for a long time!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2008, 07:03:31 PM »
Agree that Rawlings should go, Coburg played inconsistent and undisciplined footy all year since Andy Collins left
I thought JON was good today though

Cogs kicked 2 by the way one-eyed

Polo was crap I thought, Hughes had pretty much no chances in the 2nd half, the delivery out of the midfield was rubbish

Polo starting that fight which kick started the Frankston revival. Well done Dean :thumbsup.

JON was okay but seriously if he cant dominate a VFL game then why he is clogging up a spot on our list. get rid of him.

Howatt--hahahahaha. How an idiot like that is kicking out of defence is beyond me.

Rawlings coaches and conducts himself like a man who couldn't care less. if i was listening to him at 3 quarter time i would seriously consider grabbing a pillow and falling asleep. Boring as all get out.

How old is JON. 26? 28?

FFS he is a top 10 draft pick. Don't delist him untill you give the kid a chance at least before we write him off as anothe Alex Gilmour.