Author Topic: March to walk rumour  (Read 3537 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: March to walk rumour
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 08:03:33 PM »
I've said that for the past 18 months the side is only capable of getting to the bottom reaches of the eight on a consistent basis, we are a 7 to 10 side at the moment ... that isnt good enough and it shouldnt be acceptable to any board. Kerr would only get us to being a 6th 7th and 8th placed side, that being the case, I cant see why we should give our picks away for Kerr. You go for a Kerr if your a top 4 or 5 side needing another star mid to get to the flag, you dont get him when your a 8 or 9 placed team. We have more important needs, finding a ruckman, getting a key forward and another in and under midfielder would help as well. Wallace shouldnt get his way this time, we cant afford quick fix outcomes coz people are feeling the strain.

Spot on.

I'd rather get Vickery, Lynch and an inside mid than spend pick 8, 26 and a player trying to get Daniel Kerr.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »
It's all becoming a bit of a joke isn't it. We don't need anyone, either President or Coach, to walk at this stage. What we need is people to work together to make this club great once more. People need to put personal agendas to one side and see what they can do to help.

Walking is not a positive option for anyone

Stripes

march isnt going anywhere

Wallet isnt gunna be sacked, but he may not have the balls to continue.

circa bulldogs.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 09:23:57 PM »
march isnt going anywhere

Wallet isnt gunna be sacked, but he may not have the balls to continue.

circa bulldogs.

Wouldn't call it circa bulldogs - they had no money and were cutting costs. We are supposedly increasing the footy dept spend .... so I don't see how you compare it

Said state of affairs if this is what they are trying to do.

Sad refelction on things IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »
I've said that for the past 18 months the side is only capable of getting to the bottom reaches of the eight on a consistent basis, we are a 7 to 10 side at the moment ... that isnt good enough and it shouldnt be acceptable to any board. Kerr would only get us to being a 6th 7th and 8th placed side, that being the case, I cant see why we should give our picks away for Kerr. You go for a Kerr if your a top 4 or 5 side needing another star mid to get to the flag, you dont get him when your a 8 or 9 placed team. We have more important needs, finding a ruckman, getting a key forward and another in and under midfielder would help as well. Wallace shouldnt get his way this time, we cant afford quick fix outcomes coz people are feeling the strain.

Apparantly that's where CAC rates the list as well.  So if CAC backs March then TW will feel unloved.  As was put by others.  This is good, natural tension.  So long as it is resolved (preferably behind closed doors) then this is good for the RFC.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 09:49:37 PM »
March is a dead set legend for doing this.

I was open to the idea of nabbing Kerr but not at the cost so march is simply pointing out to TW that there is no easy fix on a contract extension.

TW is trying to nabb kerr therefore almost guaranteeing a finals spot, resulting in a contract extension. Well Not on GM's watch so a big thank you goes out to March for taking this recruiting priveledge away from mr spin.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »

I was open to the idea of nabbing Kerr but not at the cost so march is simply pointing out to TW that there is no easy fix on a contract extension.

TW is trying to nabb kerr therefore almost guaranteeing a finals spot, resulting in a contract extension. Well Not on GM's watch so a big thank you goes out to March for taking this recruiting priveledge away from mr spin.

what cost please eleborate?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »

The cost that would be about pick 8, pick 26 and one of our good best 22 youngsters I would think is the minimum for Kerr.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 10:08:09 PM »

The cost that would be about pick 8, pick 26 and one of our good best 22 youngsters I would think is the minimum for Kerr.

whats more concerning to me is Warnock. 500k for whats his name again. ooh yeah warnock!!!

500k thats a big negative. Id rather develop who we have got
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 10:08:48 PM »

Nice conspiracy theory there Daniel  ::)

Actually you really should be a politician ;) :thumbsup

:rollin :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 09:47:56 AM »

Problem with that is March said they will start to review Wallace's position in June and make a decision in July so unless we do a Geelong and win every game to that point June/July finals will not be guaranteed so Kerr may not be his saviour

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 09:54:10 AM »
Then again, 'Just maybe' they will sit down like 2 adults and discuss the situation over a cuppa and come to an understanding.
After all they are all working for the same cause and it seems to be moving along quite OK atm, apart from the rumour and innuendo.
Thing about Richmond and its history is the media are gunna jump on anything and everything and blow it out of all proportion. :banghead

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 10:03:41 AM »
march will not walk, the sen caller was saying he knows that wallace will , but this is old news as many of us here have heard this weeks ago.

anyway, what is up wallaces clacker and what makes him so precious.

1/ march gave us 5/10, we won 11 games, thats 50% so march is spot on. wallace is pipe dreaming

2/ march is correct that wallace shoud have no say on who the club employes. wallaces job is to coach . full stop. he is th ethe president board and coach rolled into 1

3/ wallace wants to chase a boom recruit to get us in the 8 to save his career. wallace = weak

4/ wallace said he had a 5 yr plan to rebuild the club and it list but in yr 5 to save his butt, he wants to change his plan

5/ wallace has been promoting how at richmond we must build our own, and now he wants to bring in imports to save him

6/ yes we improved compared to last yr, but we failed this yr. we missed the 8 mainly due to very bad coaching in the 1st half of the yr. we can live in a fantasy wallace world or be realistic. this yr with a pretty full strong list we missed out. there were no excuses this yr

7/ march is everything terry isnt, he is a strong man, with king size balls who calls it as it is

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 10:28:06 AM »
This is not in defence for/against anyone or any particular move, just pointing something out.

WCE Premiers 2006 - 2nd last 2008
Port Grand finalists 2007 - 13 th 7 wins 2008

Brisbane 1998 - Last with 5 wins, 2 seasons later 3 peat.
Geelong 2006 - 10 th with 10 wins - 2007 Premiers and just about certs this year.

We may not be as far away as some think. Just something to think about  :gotigers

Moi

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 10:35:41 AM »
3/ wallace wants to chase a boom recruit to get us in the 8 to save his career. wallace = weak
And if he didn't go for him, you'd be the first person X to say he should have at least had a shot at trying to get him  :rollin

Ox

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 10:47:01 AM »
Quote from: moose on Today at 10:03:41 am

more constructive input from our master business guru :lol