Author Topic: March to walk rumour  (Read 3535 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
March to walk rumour
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:07:53 PM »
A caller to SEN just rang in to Robbo and Mark Doran and claimed the person who told him that Miller would be sacked before it became public has now said March won't be at Punt Rd next year. He'll either now walk or be pushed into walking.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: March to walk rumour
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »
I always like to stop reading when a thread starts with "A caller to SEN" but that would sure create an interesting time for the offseason.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 02:26:13 PM »
It's all becoming a bit of a joke isn't it. We don't need anyone, either President or Coach, to walk at this stage. What we need is people to work together to make this club great once more. People need to put personal agendas to one side and see what they can do to help.

Walking is not a positive option for anyone

Stripes

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 02:30:26 PM »
It's all becoming a bit of a joke isn't it. We don't need anyone, either President or Coach, to walk at this stage. What we need is people to work together to make this club great once more. People need to put personal agendas to one side and see what they can do to help.

Stripes

march isnt going anywhere

Wallet isnt gunna be sacked, but he may not have the balls to continue.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »

Stripes

Doesnt make sense, could you evaluate?  Is something being held over him at board level?

Because I cant see why Wallace would stop at the fourth year when the kids are finally developing and coming together on the coaching side so the pressure to "not have the balls to continue" must surely be coming from inside the club.  :-\  :scream 
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 02:38:54 PM »
I always like to stop reading when a thread starts with "A caller to SEN" but that would sure create an interesting time for the offseason.
lol true TA but I was just quoting what was said for discussion.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »

Stripes

Doesnt make sense, could you evaluate?  Is something being held over him at board level?

Because I cant see why Wallace would stop at the fourth year when the kids are finally developing and coming together on the coaching side so the pressure to "not have the balls to continue" must surely be coming from inside the club.  :-\  :scream 

TAKE IT EASY I HEARD THE CALL AND IM ABOUT 99% SURE IT WAS REFERRING TO TW, NOT MARCH.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
so many threads about the same things  ;D

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »

Stripes

i will elaborate

for the first time in his tenure at richmond, wallace is being held accountable for performance.
if he doesnt perform, Ie we make the eight next year, put simply he is gone, he knows that and march knows that.
The problem is knowing this, wallets wants to trade our picks for kerr. March isnt too keen and hence the conflict. That and the fact that he will have a boss, the new football director, that he may /may not like or know makes him feel a little uneasy.

Its actually good to make peeple in a large organisation a little bit uneasy once in a while. It should bring out the best in both of them, exactly what all tiger fans should want.
IMHO march has/ is doing a tremendous job, and for the record so is wallace....this year.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 07:22:03 PM »

Stripes

TW wanting to draft Kerr....to save his own job for sure.

draft kerr finish 8th. job safe.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 07:35:05 PM »
If it aint broke why fix it?
No need to do anything just now that we are starting to get the on field house in order. Leave things as they are and if the fact that Port Freo and WCE have boosted our seasons due to their poor form and getting results worse than what their list reflects or whether we have genuinely improved and will be a top 8 side this time next year time will tell. However by mid next year we will know where Terry really stands with the president and fare enough too so hopefully March does not do anything to erratically or prematurely that might blight our growth and development.Let the natural progression of the side determine the future of these two men beyond 2009 not these two men's personal agenda's determine the future of the 22 men who go out to represent Richmond.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »
This might have been the issue they had with GM(Kerr), coaches and opperation managers will always err on the side of giving up picks for short term gain - keep my job players. This is human nature

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 07:45:53 PM »

Stripes

i will elaborate

for the first time in his tenure at richmond, wallace is being held accountable for performance.
if he doesnt perform, Ie we make the eight next year, put simply he is gone, he knows that and march knows that.
The problem is knowing this, wallets wants to trade our picks for kerr. March isnt too keen and hence the conflict. That and the fact that he will have a boss, the new football director, that he may /may not like or know makes him feel a little uneasy.

Its actually good to make peeple in a large organisation a little bit uneasy once in a while. It should bring out the best in both of them, exactly what all tiger fans should want.
IMHO march has/ is doing a tremendous job, and for the record so is wallace....this year.

If Terry thinks the current team is not good enough to make the 8 next year without trading for a "star" he might as well get out and resign now.

We didnt come all this way to give Terry some insurance in year 5 so he has a better chance of getting a renewed contract.  He was given the job to turn this footy club around by re-building and drafting kids that would create a continuous finals side by the end of his contract.  It shouldn't stop now because Terry is worried about his own personal wellbeing.

If that's all the main crux of the conflict is about I'm completely on March's side.

We keep the picks and draft the kids.   :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
I've said that for the past 18 months the side is only capable of getting to the bottom reaches of the eight on a consistent basis, we are a 7 to 10 side at the moment ... that isnt good enough and it shouldnt be acceptable to any board. Kerr would only get us to being a 6th 7th and 8th placed side, that being the case, I cant see why we should give our picks away for Kerr. You go for a Kerr if your a top 4 or 5 side needing another star mid to get to the flag, you dont get him when your a 8 or 9 placed team. We have more important needs, finding a ruckman, getting a key forward and another in and under midfielder would help as well. Wallace shouldnt get his way this time, we cant afford quick fix outcomes coz people are feeling the strain.

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 07:59:30 PM »
I've said that for the past 18 months the side is only capable of getting to the bottom reaches of the eight on a consistent basis, we are a 7 to 10 side at the moment ... that isnt good enough and it shouldnt be acceptable to any board. Kerr would only get us to being a 6th 7th and 8th placed side, that being the case, I cant see why we should give our picks away for Kerr. You go for a Kerr if your a top 4 or 5 side needing another star mid to get to the flag, you dont get him when your a 8 or 9 placed team. We have more important needs, finding a ruckman, getting a key forward and another in and under midfielder would help as well. Wallace shouldnt get his way this time, we cant afford quick fix outcomes coz people are feeling the strain.

+1