Author Topic: March to walk rumour  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: March to walk rumour
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »
2/ march is correct that wallace shoud have no say on who the club employes. wallaces job is to coach . full stop. he is th ethe president board and coach rolled into 1

No, but he absolutely should have input into list management and that was my take on his gripe - that he was to be given no input into that.

3/ wallace wants to chase a boom recruit to get us in the 8 to save his career. wallace = weak

I actually haven't heard or read that anywhere from Wallace, all I have heard is that he wants to go to the board for permission to 'shop'.  That could mean anyone and in our current state I would suggest he is more concerned on the impact of Simmonds going down and would be more likely to be in the market for a ruckman than a high priced midfielder.  Can you quote me the source so I can be brought up to date please?

4/ wallace said he had a 5 yr plan to rebuild the club and it list but in yr 5 to save his butt, he wants to change his plan

And even if he walked away today I would contend that he has already achieved that to a very large degree.  Almost a complete list turnover - now one of the youngest in the competition - and more potential upside than most others going around.  Don't see how he is changing his plan at all.  He knows our Achilles Heel is our ruck and next year we can ill afford to have Simmonds go down and be as totally uncompetitive in the middle as in 2007.   Our kids are now learning to become accustomed to winning and need to build on this upward curve if they are to fully develop a winning culture.  Cartledge was good insurance this year but may not be considered good enough for next year if we are going to be finals contenders, so I would be willing to bet that his priority is a 'ready to go' ruckman, and most certainly not for the reason of "saving his butt".

5/ wallace has been promoting how at richmond we must build our own, and now he wants to bring in imports to save him

No club can totally "grow their own".  Wasn't it about now at their stage of development that Geelong got Ottens as part of their tilt to a flag?  They had 'homegrown' options but were savvy enough to know it wasn't enough.

6/ yes we improved compared to last yr, but we failed this yr. we missed the 8 mainly due to very bad coaching in the 1st half of the yr. we can live in a fantasy wallace world or be realistic. this yr with a pretty full strong list we missed out. there were no excuses this yr

I disagree totally.  Please point out all the games we lost in the first half of the season that were because of poor coaching.  A fantasy world was expecting anything better out of this year.  We got exactly what we should have expected and for that reason most of the football department's boxes should be ticked on 2008.  And for the same reason, we should not be unhappy with a 5-8 finish next year, although applying your rules I guess anything less than a premiership will be a failure.

7/ march is everything terry isnt, he is a strong man, with king size balls who calls it as it is

Everything Wallace isn't like tactful, media savvy and not prepared to hang his' team' members out to publicy dry?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 12:34:32 PM »

1/ march gave us 5/10, we won 11 games, thats 50% so march is spot on. wallace is pipe dreaming

Ok, lets dissect this a bit.  You say that March is spot-on in his assessment so for the sake of the width of a goalpost, what would he have rated us if Moore doesn't hit the woodwork with 30 secs to go v the Saints?  We win, finish 6th and at least one final to come.  Still a 5/10?  Or would he be a bit more realistic and give it maybe a 6 or 7?  All for the sake of the width of a goalpost.  The dreaming might be coming out of a pipe but I don't think Wallace is smoking it.

richmondrules

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 12:39:34 PM »

2/ march is correct that wallace shoud have no say on who the club employes. wallaces job is to coach . full stop. he is th ethe president board and coach rolled into 1

I think Wallace should have a lot of say in the employment of those he controls (assistants etc). He shouldn't be able to pick his own boss though.

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »
did bomber thompson like the review about him, no!

did bomber thompson have any say in nreil balmes appointment, no!

bomber believed all he was doing was right and balme was not needed, he now knows he was wrong!

did rodney eade have a say in fantasia , no etc etc

wallace wants total control and he is not going to get it

facts are facts e won 11 games, thats 50% or as march puts it 5/10

no need to overmark our season to make us feel good. we improved, from a 1/10 to a 5/10. thats it

wallace knows he is on thin ice and is not comfortable

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »
A simple rating from a simple person
There is more to our season than ladder position

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 04:39:41 PM »
We appear to be surrounded by mathematical geniuses here Infamy!!  Alas, I am not one so I had to resort to using a calculator to work out what the analytical wizards could obviously do standing on their heads (before the rush of blood caused internal discomfort and damage).  So to save anyone else the time and effort of working this out, and the need for any further discussion or disagreement, here is the official, unequivocal season ratings for every club (rounded for ease of understanding):

Geelong - 9.5 out of 10
Hawthorn - 7.7 out of 10
Bulldogs - 7 out of 10
St Kilda - 5.9 out of 10
Adelaide - 5.9 out of 10
Sydney - 5.7 out of 10
North Melb - 5.7 out of 10
Collingwood - 5.5 out of 10
Richmond - 5.2 out of 10
Brisbane - 4.5 out of 10
Carlton - 4.5 out of 10
Essendon - 3.6 out of 10
Port Adel - 3.2 out of 10
Fremantle - 2.7 out of 10
West Coast - 1.8 out of 10
Melbourne - 1.4 out of 10

Now, the only problem I foresee is that this is all subject to change depending on where the top 8 clubs finish after the finals.  Will Hawthorn rate their season a 7.7 if they win the flag?  Will Geelong rate their season a 9.5 if they don't?  And will St Kilda rate their season a 5.9 if they win their next game?  Aahh, so many questions - just as well we have pure maths to remove the human element from thinking.  And just as well Gary March is such an intelligent individual to have latched on to that much earlier than the rest of us plebs.   ::)

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »

u r the simpleton tossbag

if you cant see reality in your face , it just shows how simple you are.  just because my opinion is more realistic than urs and different does not mean you can try and increase your ego and intellect by thrying to put me down

go back to sleep with terry , and when that toss of a man wqaks or is sacked the rfc will be a better place

11 wins is just a pass, end of story

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »
So additions to the list has nothing to do with the overall rating of a season?
Development of younger players has nothing to do with the overall rating of a season?
Impact of injuries has nothing to do with the overall rating of a season?
Performance against Top 4 sides has nothing to do with the overall rating of a season?

Offline moose

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2008, 07:57:22 PM »
look who just crawled out of the crud cave

anyway all you wankers who dont agree with my assessment must really hate caro cos on 3aw today she said exactly what i said about the 5/10 rating

i guess she is a very stupid person also  ::)

btw ox. you have no idea, none what so ever, and you are one to talk, please

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2008, 08:09:03 PM »
Back to topic folks  ::).

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 08:46:56 PM »
anyway all you wankers who dont agree with my assessment must really hate caro
I stopped reading here, the answer is yes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 08:58:51 PM »
look who just crawled out of the crud cave

btw ox. you have no idea, none what so ever,

his name is brackets, get it right. lol
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:05:51 PM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 09:09:19 PM »
anyway all you wankers who dont agree with my assessment must really hate caro cos on 3aw today she said exactly what i said about the 5/10 rating

i guess she is a very stupid person also  ::)

No she isn't...

She thinks Tezza is a great coach   :whistle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »
So additions to the list has nothing to do with the overall rating of a season?
Development of younger players has nothing to do with the overall rating of a season?
Impact of injuries has nothing to do with the overall rating of a season?
Performance against Top 4 sides has nothing to do with the overall rating of a season?

what about rating our skill level then INFAMY?

do you seriously think our skill level has improved under TW. I find it funny you mention all these other KPI's but no one ever brings up the skill level because it hasn't changed. Its the same now as it was 4 years or even 10 years ago.

its a joke!!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 12:06:11 AM »
Our skills have been praised in the media multiple times this season
First time I can ever remember it happening, so I would say that yes they have improved

Further improvement will come as our kids develop more stamina so they don't spray the ball when they are fatigued
They will get better as our kids become more accustomed to the elite level required
Finally they will get better as we support our team mates more, blocking the opposition to create leads all over the ground and protecting the ball carrier to give them space to dispose without being pressured.

The signs are there, it just takes time, I don't think our skills are good enough yet, but they are on their way
We are also focussing on kids in the draft who can kick, so they're only going to get better still