Author Topic: Trade week rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 22591 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2008, 05:23:51 AM »
Blues hunt Daniel Kerr
Jim Wilson | September 27, 2008

CARLTON has emerged as a leading contender to snare West Coast's Daniel Kerr, but Sydney and Port Adelaide are also still in the hunt.

Kerr, who is in Melbourne for promotional appearances at today's Grand Final, is believed to be talking with the Blues.

Blues insiders have indicated there is enough room in the salary cap to lure Kerr to Princes Park.

His preference is a long-term deal with West Coast.

The Swans are prepared to offer the star midfielder a five-year deal.

"I imagine we would be getting it done in the next week or so, and hopefully we can say it is all over and I am going to stay with the Eagles," Kerr told a Perth radio station.

"I would like to see out my career as an Eagle, and that's why I'm seeking a longer contract."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24408654-19742,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2008, 10:02:21 PM »
Farren Ray has asked to be traded from the Bulldogs....

Skinny, ex-Bulldog....

Why do I feel nervous...
Thankfully not one of Plough's former players. Stay far away Tigers  :help.

If the doggies reckon they are only one big man away from a premiership they might just use their no 14 pick
Tough one for the dogs if they end up having to use their first pick to land father-son ruckman Ayce Cordy
What happens there. Isn't trade week before the F/S bidding?  ??? A loophole in the rule. Trade your first pick for a gun experienced player and then pick up the gun F/S with a mid-30s pick.

MT - the F/S bidding is on the first morning of trade week.  Looks like they thought about that loophole  :)
Ta for clearing that up TT  :cheers
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Big names likely to stay put (Australian)
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2008, 02:34:15 AM »
Big names likely to stay put
Greg Denham | September 30, 2008

THE AFL's annual five-day player exchange period starts on Monday, but don't expect a flurry of activity this year following last season's Chris Judd-led resurgence of trade week.

Following several years of reduced activity during the second week of October, a total of 17 trades were completed last season, eight more than in 2006.

Last year Judd was the highest-profile player to be traded since Wayne Carey was swapped to Adelaide in the twilight of his career at the end of 2002 for overall selections two and 18.

The West Coast premiership captain and Brownlow medallist was one of five premiership players to switch clubs last year, the others being Steven King, who less than a fortnight earlier played in Geelong's massive win over Port Adelaide, Sydney Swans Adam Schneider and Sean Dempster, and Brisbane's Richard Hadley.

With the start-up of the Gold Coast in 2011 followed by a team out of west Sydney scheduled for 2012, this year's national draft will be the last "uncompromised" draft for at least five years, so most clubs, if not all, are reluctant to give up first-round selections. That appears likely to go against Daniel Kerr moving from West Coast, as the Eagles have demanded two picks inside the top 10 for him as he is already contracted to the end of 2009.

Sydney would dearly love Kerr and is prepared to offer him a five-year contract, but how can the Swans, who at the moment have pick No11 to barter with, possibly satisfy the Eagles?

Even if Rodney Eade's desire to have Barry Hall playing at the Western Bulldogs next year is fulfilled, what the Swans would get in return would not go close to appealing to the Eagles.

No doubt Essendon will have a crack at Kerr, but what are the Bombers prepared to give up in return? They have got pick five and a bunch of young West Australians, including Patrick Ryder, Scott Gumbleton, David Myers, Tayte Pears, Kyle Reimers and Leroy Jetta.

If Essendon can't deal, Kerr is almost certain to stay in Perth.

So, with no Kerr, no Hall, no Alan Didak, who appears certain to remain with Collingwood despite a history of poor off-field behaviour, and with Jonathan Brown having re-signed with Brisbane, who is left?

The biggest name without a home is Ben Cousins, but the disgraced former Eagles captain will only surface in November or December, should the AFL Commission give him permission to return to the game via the draft system after a 12-month ban for bringing the game into disrepute.

The wild-card next week could be St Kilda big man Justin Koschitzke, who may be a good fit for the Western Bulldogs.

The Dogs are in desperate need of a power forward, while the Swans need a replacement for recently retired ruckman Peter Everitt.

Sydney coach Paul Roos yesterday hosed down interest from his club when he said Koschitzke was "not in our plans".
Roos, who is confident of keeping Hall for another two years, is more focused on retaining out-of-contract star Ryan O'Keefe following a week-long stalemate in negotiations.

Koschitzke could be an attractive proposition in a different environment, but he carries the baggage of too many big-game failures.

He averaged 12 disposals this season, and was hardly sighted in St Kilda's preliminary final loss with 10 touches, three marks and no goals.

If Koschitzke, 26, does go, St Kilda will probably keep midfielder Nick Dal Santo, who is two years younger.

Josh Carr wants to return to Port Adelaide, where he played in its 2004 premiership, and Fremantle will not put up too many obstacles for that to happen.

In another mutual arrangement, Essendon appears certain to part company with contracted midfielder Andrew Lovett, who was twice suspended by the Bombers this year for breaching team rules.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24422009-5012432,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2008, 04:02:10 PM »
A "whisper" on BF has us linked to Blue Brad Fisher.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12649160&postcount=1

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2008, 04:53:53 PM »
Fisher and Kosi. Just what we need - more injury prone inconsistent players  :P. Pass!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2008, 09:26:18 PM »
the fisher one is a bunch of crap, not too sure we'll do any trades this year. Gee when was the last time that happened?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ramps

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2008, 09:44:07 PM »
Rumours on Bigfooty that Lachlan Hansen is unhappy at North. Richmond supposedly right in the van. Whilst some think hes average I think he could provide a decent forward target at Full Forward going forward.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2008, 03:09:22 AM »
SYDNEY is leading the chase for Andrew Lovett.

Lovett is also on the radar of Fremantle and West Coast, but Sydney is the first club to show genuine interest. Age says Brisbane are interested too.

Essendon has plenty of room in its salary cap and Lovett could be ideal bait to strike a trade with any club.

There is also speculation Bombers midfielder Brent Stanton is attracting interest, possibly also from Sydney.

The Bombers had expressed interest in Saint Nick Dal Santo's situation, but were repeatedly told by the Saints that Dal Santo — or Justin Koschitzke — was not on the trade table.

If O'Keefe decides to leave the Swans, Essendon is believed to be high on his list of preferred destinations.

Lovett and O'Keefe are advised by Stride Management, adding fuel to the theory they could both be involved in any deal between the clubs.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/lovett-heads-north-for-talks/2008/09/30/1222651083353.html
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24428336-19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2008, 03:23:10 AM »
not too sure we'll do any trades this year. Gee when was the last time that happened?
2000 was the last time we didn't trade for a player from another club. We traded away Ben Harrison and Mark Merenda though so we were still involved in trade week.

Since 2000
2001: traded for Hudson, Stafford; traded away Bourke
2002: traded for Johnson; traded away Torney
2003: traded for Browny
2004: traded for Simmonds; traded away Ottens, Fiora
2005: traded for Paddy Bowden
2006: traded for Polak
2007: traded for McMahon, Morton

1986-88 (first 3 years of the draft) we didn't trade at all according to this book with the drafts (AFL 2004) but I'm pretty sure we recruited Michael Mitchell, Peter Wilson and of course Plough before the 1987 season.

So 1988 is the closest answer as KB went with kids given we were broke. So that's 20 years ago :o.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2008, 04:55:47 AM »
Any chance of us doing a 'trading away' draft  :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2008, 03:12:06 PM »
Another day another rumour ....

A Cats fan on BF's draft and trades board saying we're interested in Dowler.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503123

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2008, 04:05:50 PM »
Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2008, 07:15:24 PM »
Rumours on Bigfooty that Lachlan Hansen is unhappy at North. Richmond supposedly right in the van. Whilst some think hes average I think he could provide a decent forward target at Full Forward going forward.
We always get linked to Hansen because he was a Tiger supporter as a kid. I can't see North letting him go for anything less than a first rounder.

Pass on Dowler. Hawks are dreaming if they think they will get another first round pick for him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2008, 08:19:45 PM »
Since 2000
2003: traded for Browny; Holland
Forgot about us trading Holland away in 2003 yet we still had to pay for most of his salary  :P.

Thanks again to the PM from my personal secretary  ;D.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2008, 09:11:48 PM »
not too sure we'll do any trades this year. Gee when was the last time that happened?
2000 was the last time we didn't trade for a player from another club. We traded away Ben Harrison and Mark Merenda though so we were still involved in trade week.

Since 2000
2003: traded for Browny

1986-88 (first 3 years of the draft) we didn't trade at all according to this book with the drafts (AFL 2004) but I'm pretty sure we recruited Michael Mitchell, Peter Wilson and of course Plough before the 1987 season.

So 1988 is the closest answer as KB went with kids given we were broke. So that's 20 years ago :o.

Also missed the Daffy trade, but no drama, it was very forgettable.